1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Bug/Issue Lighting pixels are odd...

Discussion in 'Support' started by FarmerRen, Jul 17, 2017.

1. FarmerRen

FarmerRen Void-Bound Voyager

upload_2017-7-17_4-18-14.png

as you can see I've edited tiles and once SDV2.6 came out I've been getting this lighting glitch. It makes my torches have little pixelated purple specks in them too.
    I was doing straight XMB copy into my main content folder, but tonight I tried to use an XMB mod and re-verify my files to see if it would help and even copied the Lighting effects from the newly downloaded file and it isn't working. I don't have any SMAPI errors and I have no other ideas on what is causing it. If I play vanilla, I don't have this problem.

• Seismothesaurus

Seismothesaurus Scruffy Nerf-Herder

The window lighting bug is something that happens a lot of the time if the file Cursors.xnb is edited (the process of changing it from an xnb file to an image is what actually does this). The torch I'm not sure about.

What mod are you using? If you let the mod author know, hopefully they can fix it and patch their mod. (Nevermind, they're your edits? I can't read, apparently.) Otherwise, maybe someone on the forum can help edit the image. (I can, but I'm not sure if I'll have time today.)

I had to do the same lighting fix when I made my Junimo dig spot mod. Here's what I did:

1. Take this clean Cursors.xnb image (it's from before 1.1, so it doesn't have a lot of new sprites on it, but you'll just be copying what you need from it).
      Normal, Unbroken Cursors File Manual Update v1-05.png
      2. Find the two spots with lighting--there's the regular window and round window.
      3. Copy the clean version of the lighting and paste it over the garbage version in a new layer, being sure to align it carefully. Do the same with the other window.
      4. Hide the new layers. Erase everything that was fixed from the base layer, then restore the hidden layers. It should look like the clean version above now.
      5. Check for any other transparency inconsistencies. They usually occur in the snowfall pattern and the big block of water at the bottom. Do the same replacement as for the windows.

Let us know if you need any more help!

Last edited: Jul 17, 2017
        katlampy2916 and FarmerRen like this.
      • FarmerRen

FarmerRen Void-Bound Voyager

PERFECT! It fixed it ^^ Thank you

Seismothesaurus likes this.