1. Welcome to the Art + Literature sections! Some things to keep in mind:
    • It's a good idea to specify whether or not you're looking for critique from your fellow members. Please don't let friendly criticism turn into an all-out flame war.
    • Art and literature often deal with mature subjects. This is fine, but please keep in mind that we'd like to keep things PG-13. Don't let discussions get out of hand, and if they do, please alert a moderator.
    • If you've got a request, please use the [REQUEST] prefix!

Digital Lodish's new art thread - Long live the King

Discussion in 'Art' started by Lodish, Jan 1, 2017.

1. Waffle-Chan

Waffle-Chan Guest

Goodnight. It looks like I'm next!

Firebird Zoom and Lodish like this.
  2. Taphy

Taphy Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Amazingness :D I love it so much! Totally reminds me of my doggo!

Last edited: Jul 20, 2017
  3. Witch Cat

Witch Cat Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hey! Got a final request yo. Feel free to do anything with the pose, but as a recommendation, how about like me sitting inside a chalk circle with little purple runes floating around or just a general head shot would also work.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Here’s an edit of a an old version of my sona, I basically want something like this but with a few changes. First of all, I’d like the fur to be much sleeker and short cropped, especially on the tail and chest. No weird extra fluffs here and there, just all smooth and sleek. Black button nose, whiskers, and retractable claws are all things I’d like to see him have too. I want the body to remain pretty much the same. Long limbed and thin; almost dancer like. I would like for there to be a lack of muscle and bone definition, just want his body to be “normal.” The fur I’d like to remain a solid colour, there are no special markings on him. And I want his eyes to be a little more purple, if that makes sense. Just more dark rather than so pastel, but still keeping that soft and rounded look and for the eyes to look like actual cat eyes. Also those purple paw pads? Yeah just make ‘em black. Lastly, I’d like the tuft of hair on his head to be grown out to the point where it’s covering one of his eyes, but I don’t want it to be totally straight, rather a bit curled/curved, messy, and wavy. Here are a few pics to illustrate what I mean. I’d also like the hair to be the same colour as his fur (black). The pics do a pretty good job at representing what I want, just keep in mind I’d like them to be a tiny bit longer and wider so it covers that half of his face well. The burgerboy one is actually a pretty good representation of what I want. Furthermore, I don’t want him to have a full set of hair, only for him to have that one long tuft of hair. (refer to hair refs) I’d also like for him to be wearing one of those typical square “nerdy* glasses with black frames perched on his snout.

But other than those changed details, I’d like for everything else to be followed exactly like the ref.

As for clothes, a black hoodie not jacket this time and either purple shorts or black jeans, whatever you're more comfy with drawing! If you go with shorts, I prefer if I/Witch was bare foot just so it doesn't clash but if you go with jeans, give 'em converse high tops because I am trash and still like them. And of course a black witch hat with a purple ribbon around its base as always

Thank you so much for taking the time to do this!

Last edited: Aug 14, 2017
    Waffle-Chan and Firebird Zoom like this.
  4. Lodish

Lodish Black Hole Surfer

I kinda said I'd take all requests once I'm done with the current ones >w<

Firebird Zoom likes this.
  5. Witch Cat

Witch Cat Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Oh I misread your PMs then, sorry about that! You can just shift it to the back burner it's fiiiiiine, sorry about the confusion!

6. Chernushka

Chernushka Space Spelunker

Sorry for not replying fast, been busy these days. ;; Thank you so much!
    Okay, I'm going to give you Tomo's details. :D
    [​IMG]
    There you go. :D For now, you've done quite well!

7. Lodish

Lodish Black Hole Surfer

Good to see you back, I was afraid I would have to cancel your request >w<

Anyway welcome back, and thanks for the additional reference c:

8. Lodish

Lodish Black Hole Surfer

Time for an update!

Two vali I did for practice c:
    fluffpractice.png
    dammit not again.png

A gryphon request for a friend c:
    marxon.png

And finally, some progress on @Chernushka 's request! It should be done by tomorrow!
    chernuska.png

That's it for today!
    In the meantime, if @TheCobaltMask and @D.M.G. could voice their requests, this would be nice ^u^

9. Waffle-Chan

Waffle-Chan Guest

If you don't mind, I'd like a waffle wearing Red Mage clothes(see link 1) with a face like this(without the blush please)(see link 2). I plan on using it as my avi, so could you make it the proper size for that?

Link 1: https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/db/b1/b0/dbb1b0974f0353a24b390b1c706ff342.jpg

Link 2: http://i.imgur.com/fLlWLRv.png

Thank you for taking my request!

Lodish and Firebird Zoom like this.
  10. D.M.G.

D.M.G. Master Astronaut

I'm terribly sorry T-T
    Welp, that'll be the pink whale I talked about, coloured in a more magenta tone, with a green military hat

The Hat:https://www.chapellerie-traclet.com/37144-large/casquette-militaire-gosper-coton-kaki-stetson-.jpg
    The whale is like my current avi
    And for the tone:http://www.permaset.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/ppp-magenta-600x600.jpg for the upper part, and lighter for the belly part

Thank you a lot :3

Waffle-Chan, Lodish and Firebird Zoom like this.
  11. Lodish

Lodish Black Hole Surfer

Mini-update!

Here goes @Chernushka 's request! I hope you like it ^u^
    chernuska.png

And as a bonus, here's rough sketches for the last two requests:
    wafflemage.png
    that french whale.png

12. Chernushka

Chernushka Space Spelunker

Oh my, I love it. Thank you so much!! It was definitely worth waiting! :D

13. Taphy

Taphy Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Keep up the good work Lodish, I can't wait to see more! :up::poke::party:

14. D.M.G.

D.M.G. Master Astronaut

I luv it already ^^

Waffle-Chan, Firebird Zoom and Lodish like this.
  15. Lodish

Lodish Black Hole Surfer

Well, time for an update!
    First things first:
    Here goes @TheCobaltMask and @D.M.G. 's requests! I... didn't feel very inspired for these, but I hope you'll like them anyway c:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And old non-forum request I almost forgot about >w<
    [​IMG]

And finally, a portrait of a new character, directly related to something I am working on!
    [​IMG]

And now, some words!
    Ew, words. Gross

Let's get straight to it: I am done with my current request list.
    Yes you can celebrate and give me cake if you want. I like cake. Don't forget the cake is a lie though.

It's been seven months no more no less that I strarted this thread, at the same time as when I started doing digital drawing. My, it's been a fun ride. I learned a lot of things, and finally, finally found a graphic style that I actually appreciate. Trust me, I almost gave up several times simply because I couldn't like my own stuff.

But I went through it, against the rain and the wind, against my own lack of will and self-loathe.
    I managed to work almost every single day on an activity other than video games. That I am hella proud of.

You know, the only reason I gotten myself to draw was to prove myself I am not a worthless slacker.
    Now that I spend three to six daily hours on my tablet, I think I can safely say I accomplished my mission.

And you know what's the best part?

I'm not even forcing myself anymore. It's now natural to draw daily, if not a need.

While I used to sometimes take breaks from drawing, now drawing is my way of taking a break from other stuff.

I am finally getting myself rid of my old and bad habits. I am finally doing something with my life.

I was led to meet new people, sometimes through unexpected ways. More often than not, actually. But I don't regret it in any way.

And it was all possible thanks to you, who followed me and gave me things to occupy my hands with.
    All of you, who followed a kid with la folie des grandeurs.

Thank you, to all of you. To my close friends, to those who will see this post, to those who won't, and to those who quietly watch and listen.
    I'd happily tip my hat if I had one, and I'd gladly buy one just for the sake of tipping my hat to those who made me who I am.

I'll never say this enough: thank you.

And now...
    The part you are all waiting for.

The last wave of requests, done by yours truly. The last requests before I move on to a project I've been wanting to work on for more than a year.

Unlike I always did, I'd like to have some rules regarding requests. While I've always done what you all asked me for, and almost without complaining, I want my last requests to be a fun time, and not a chore because I let everyone ask for whatever they wanted.
    Because I have to admit it, in more than a year of drawing, there's always some people who ask you for things you have little interest in, but you accept out of politeness and often end with below average results.
    Yup, some of the requests I did were... boring. Not that the ideas were bad, but I just didn't wanted to do them.

Anyway, I'm just ranting there. Let's get back on topic.
    Rules, yeah.

RULES:
    -I will accept requests AS OF NOW for an undefined period of time, I will make another announcement to tell the period's over, most likely when I think there's enough or no more people ask for them.
    -One request per person.
    -Requests may not be accepted straight away if I want to change something about them. In that case I will ask the requester for some changes.
    Like I said, I don't want my last requests to be a chore, this would be bad for both parties.
    -I still give myself the right to refuse requests.
    -Please direct your requests towards what I'm used to do the most.
    As in, you know I do a lot of portraits and characters, so don't ask me to draw a car or a tree.
    -No real-life references unless there's no other option, please. I cannot do anything with these, and will just lose time looking for other references myself.
    -Use common sense. If you're one of my last requesters, let the others ask first, especially those who never had the occasion to ask at all.

Oh, and one last thing: I will work on some other stuff for a little while, and I will -as usual- do requests in order, aswell as @-ing people once I will get to work on theirs.

Well, I think that's it. Front page will be updated accordingly, all of that.

See y'all folks :kitten:

Last edited: Aug 1, 2017
  16. Firebird Zoom

Firebird Zoom Oxygen Tank

The pics are Broken.

17. Lodish

Lodish Black Hole Surfer

No they're not >w>

18. Firepaw Da Cat

Firepaw Da Cat The Fluffy Cat

They're not broken for me :catbleh:

19. Lodish

Lodish Black Hole Surfer

Actually they were, but I only noticed it as soon as I posted >w<

20. Firebird Zoom

Firebird Zoom Oxygen Tank

I have a request!
    Paige Mcabee, or Canary, is a young woman whose powers have caused all of the hair on her body to turn a bright yellow and has feathers of the same color growing out of her head.
    As there is no official artwork of her, the details from here on out will be purely my interpretation.
    Paige has green eyes, rather long hair, and freckles across her nose.

During the events of Gold Morning, Paige was given a set of the Dragonslayers' armor, which has no description apart from yellow being its main color, having a helmet, and being power armor. Though, going from prior knowledge, the suit is futuristic-looking and sleek, without any real aesthetic design or motif besides being mainly yellow and the alchemical symbol for gold being painted on the left pauldron in black. The helmet is fairly generic-looking with a large black visor where the face would be. There are multiple dents and scratches all over the suit in addition to a spiderweb of cracks on the visor. Being a purely defensive measure, the suit doesn't contain any weapons systems. Overall, the suit doesn't really change Paige's profile much.

The request itself is a picture of Paige shortly after the events of Gold Morning.

I have three poses for the picture that I haven't really decided between:
    1. Paige is leaning against a wall with her head hanging and her helmet held upsidedown in her left hand.
    2. Paige is sitting, slumped, on a barstool. Her head is being held in her right hand, and her left arm is just lying in her lap. Her helmet is set on the bar behind her.
    3. Paige is sitting on the floor with her knees bent and drawn up towards her body. Her arms rest on her knees. She isn't wearing her helmet, nor is it visible in the picture. Paige gazes at the audience with a harried expression on her face.
    Wow, I got flowery there.

I don't think I did a good job with describing the third pose, so I took one of those LEGO buildable figures and posed it.
    IMG_20170801_135146887.jpg

Hopefully this makes sense, Lodish.

Waffle-Chan and Lodish like this.