RELEASED Longevity: Dynamic NPC Clothing

Discussion in 'Mods' started by RTGOAT, Oct 29, 2016.

1. Alvadea

Alvadea Pangalactic Porcupine

@Yaushibee Just wanted to say that your George-Sprites are really awesome! :D Do you plan offer matching portraits?

• Yaushibee

Yaushibee Subatomic Cosmonaut

Thank you! I do hope to do some matching portraits for him soon. Just need to find the time to do it. :)

Alvadea likes this.
      • Alvadea

I realised that your work still isn't included. I copied Willys Rainwear now and put it in a xnb file myself. Did you finished the sprite for that too?
        It also seems like your Kent-Clothes got lost somehow. :/ Seismothesaurus did something similar now. But we can still add your Kent-Winter-Clothes. Same question here - are they matching sprites for it?

• RTGOAT

RTGOAT Cosmic Narwhal

@Alvadea

I need a green-light from artists to use their works.
          Often times I'm just shown previews of something they're working on.
          Wouldn't want to release unfinished work.

Thanks for bringing these great works back to light though!
          I'll credit any new work once we release it.

• Ailin

Ailin Title Not Found

Hi everyone! I was off for like... six months, omg, I don't even been playing the game since then, so I have to update my smapi and mods, what a pain... u.u'

anyways, I'll like to continue helping with DNPCC, so here's something I did a time ago...

flower dance.png
            yeah, flower dance portraits! I would like to do all the bachelors and bachelorettes at least, of course with the sprites too, but there I found a problem I would like to discuss with you guys... some characters sprites has different height with the flower dance outfit (Haley even has a different face)
            gbbtdeg.PNG
            I thik it would be better to modify the flower dance sprite to make it the same height as the normal sprite, but I want your opinion...

Coming back to the portraits, maybe they need some more work, I made different dresses designs to the girls because I don't know which would be better... we can have all of them with the same style or let it like this, I want to know your opinions, any suggestions will be welcomed! :)

If you guys like my work till now, I'll continue working with this asap.

Attached Files:

Tatto, Yaushibee, RTGOAT and 5 others like this.
            • Seismothesaurus

Seismothesaurus Scruffy Nerf-Herder

This is awesome! I was thinking about tackling the dress portraits next, but yours look amazing.

• Alvadea

@RTGOAT Hm okay. I understood Jestex like he was ready with his portraits. I think it was such a early time of DNPCC that the desired file-form perhaps wasn't a thing, because you had more time, to just do it yourself. ^^ But of course we can wait, till Jestex told us his opinion.

@Ailin Wow, beautiful portraits! <3 I love them.
                For your questions: I'm strongly for different dress designs. I always thought it's quite strange they all wear the exact same dress, as if all bought it in the same store. Village-mass-orders.. xD For the sprites I think they are taller, to be more eye-catching in the scene. But I think it's okay to modify the flower dance sprite as well. Alex' legs are really a bit too long in that suit..

I also started a flower dance portrait for Shane a while ago. It's far from being ready now but to avoid we're making twice the work, we should decide which one we like to use. Or if we should combine them somehow. Mine would look like this:

Shane Flower Dance.png

There is one more thing: We have the permission to use Royalyspookys Lolita Sprites. I like to use some of them for festivals, but I saw he also make small edits to the flower dance stuff. Perhaps you like to go through them and look if there are some dresses, you could use as a base for the rest of the sprites? Not a must of course. ^^

Last edited: Aug 6, 2017
                  Ailin likes this.
                • Ailin

Ailin Title Not Found

@Alvadea oh, my~ you even changed his hair, I love it! Yours is definitely better, the shape of the shirt is really nice!
                  I was thinking no one would be thinking about doing something for the flower dance, or festivals in general, I'm glad to be wrong! Maybe we can use some of my portraits as a base and improve them, especially the guys xD

• geckobud

geckobud Master Chief

//sneaks in and contributes some art for my girl Maru
                    I did a version with and without gloves. I figured they could either be inside/outside, or maybe she only puts on her gloves on windy days?

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

RTGOAT likes this.
                    • Alvadea

Hey pretty nice. This looks good. We probably need to make a little change to the sprites, since we decided to add fixes for those characters, whose sprites don't matches the portraits. In Marus case the haircolour isn't the same as on her portrait. But apart from that - I like it. I think it will look best for fall, right?

RTGOAT likes this.
                      • Seismothesaurus

Seismothesaurus Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Oh sorry, I must have missed your Kent when I made a similar hat for him! It looks good! I really like the idea of military earflaps in winter.

• Alvadea

If you're ready with your work at Maru and like to see it in Longevity after the next update, can you send us the files as xnb please? :)

• geckobud

geckobud Master Chief

@Alvadea Of course! I fixed the sprite colors and also made a summer outfit for her. Let me know what you think 0-:
                            Maru_summer_portrait.png Maru_summer_sprite.png

If y'all like this one too I'll put both of them up as xnb files!

Alvadea and Seismothesaurus like this.
                            • Alvadea

Oh beautiful!! I like your work! And thanks for fixing the hair yourself. :D
                              If you like to make more pixelart for DNPCC you're welcome to our discord channel.

• geckobud

geckobud Master Chief

Thank you!! I'll pop in sometime soon to say hi. :D
                                Here's a zip with all the xnb files, including a color-corrected version of Maru's regular sprite (which I thought could be her spring outfit maybe?)

Attached Files:

Alvadea likes this.
                                • Kyogoku Drack

Kyogoku Drack Big Damn Hero

Hello there, is there any possibility to replace any cloth by that coat she is wearing?

Attached Files:

• Alvadea

Of course, you can do this with what ever you want. Just go in the Longevity/DNPCC folder, copy the xnb file which you like to see in your game in the other folder as well and rename it.
                                    Example:
                                    This coat she wears in winter indoors and together with the cap outdoors. It's named RT_S_Emily_Winter_Indoors (or Outdoors). Copy it to the folder Spring/Indoors and rename it to RT_S_Emily_Spring_Indoors and she will wear it in Spring every time she's in any house.

Although If you really like to see only one sprite all year long, perhaps it's easier to remove every Sprites or Portraits from Emily out of the DNPCC folders and copy the file you like to see directly to content/Character with the name "Emily".

• Kyogoku Drack

Kyogoku Drack Big Damn Hero

Oh sorry, my bad i missed an important detail. (Sorry for my bad english too.)
                                      I actually don't want to replace it for Emily, but for my character. ^^'

• Alvadea

Oh.. okay. That I don't know. :confused: I never touched the farmer clothes. Perhaps ask someone who already did mods for farmer clothes?
                                        But it's probably not that easy. The coat is just painted for Emilys walking animation. And the farmer does much more as just walking around...

• nerd50

nerd50 Void-Bound Voyager

im happy to help you on artwork
                                          this is vincent summer clothe

Attached Files: