RELEASED Longevity v1.5->v1.6 (DNPCD_BETA) [@v1.6.9]

Discussion in 'Mods' started by RTGOAT, Mar 13, 2017.

1. RTGOAT

RTGOAT Cosmic Narwhal

Longevity v1.6:

Longevity v1.6 is an early release/form of what it was fully intended to be.
    I want to make sure and note that the introduced menu is still a work in process.

Below, I'll explain what to expect from this release and an updated timeline of Longevity's future versions.

[​IMG]
    Information Menu:
    • Trigger: The menu can be accessed through the hotkey "Tab".
      • In v1.6.1 I will add a config option to set this hotkey to your desire.
      • In a later patch I would like to add a clickable button that sticks on the game's main HUD.
    • Content: There are currently 11 pages that serve to present information.
      • Page 1 is currently inactive, but it will show information related to the mod in v1.6.1.
      • Page 2 is currently inactive, but it will show information related to taxes in v1.6.1.
      • Pages 3-11 display item pricing information on most items.
        • Items pages are categorized by item type (vegetables, fruits, etc).
          • I will introduce sorting options in v1.6.1 (seasonal, high/low price, etc).
    • Item pages can be scrolled using a mouse wheel.
      • I will introduce clickable buttons to scroll in v1.6.1.
    • Final Price = Base Price + Influencers + DR + Random
    • I will be introducing some other drill down/hover text methods in future patches.
    Changes:
    • DNPCC folder is now read from the Longevity mod folder instead of your game's content folder.
    • Potentially fixed a rare issue causing errors with DNPCC and festivals.
    • Other small improvements.

Dynamic NPC Clothing:
    • New content for Leah (Content by @IronZelly):
      • Fall clothing that comes with outdoor, indoor, and rain variations (Using dyed hair and no hat as current default).
      • Hat and hair color variations will be fully implemented with unique triggers in v1.6.1.

Updated Timeline:

• v1.6 Patches (Releasing for the next few weeks):
      • Additional content and further development of the in-game menu.
      • Updating the DNPCC trigger system (Introduced Leah content requires a more dynamic system to fully utilize IronZelly's awesome work).
      • Reworking the tax system's code (It is a simple feature that isn't very compatible with upcoming features).
      • Changes to MCM and Pricing to support upcoming features.
    • v1.7 (After v1.6 patches):
      • DNPCD will be released in patch v1.7 (This will be a simple form that progresses overtime and as content is finished by dialogue writers)

Installation:

1. Place 'Longevity' folder into your SMAPI 'Mods' folder.
    2. Use content in 'MCM' folder to overwrite your game's vanilla content.
    3. Use the provided configuration file to enable/disable Longevity's features.

*DNPCC is now read through the mod folder, NOT the game's content folder

Download: Longevity v1.6
    Previous Version Threads: Longevity v1.0->v1.2 | Longevity v1.3->v1.4

Feel free to PM me your thoughts, suggestions, or feedback.
    Thank you!

Last edited: Apr 17, 2017
      losersophie and GelowRamos like this.
    • GelowRamos

GelowRamos What do you get if you multiply six by nine?

No errors now during festivals. Thanks for the fix. One thing though, I noticed something strange when I click the tab button while riding a horse and then exit the menu, the character would be displayed running and the horse is gliding (character not mounted on the horse). And I can't right click my mouse to unmount on the horse with this so I have to press the tab button again and it would be fixed. Hope this 'bug' would be fixed. Thanks. :)

• RTGOAT

RTGOAT Cosmic Narwhal

@GelowRamos

Yes, I noticed an issue with the menu not properly closing in certain cases.
        I will fix this in v1.6.1.

Thanks for the feedback, glad to hear festivals are working for you.

GelowRamos likes this.
        • Lakekoocanusa

Lakekoocanusa Void-Bound Voyager

Hello. I just updated to 1.6.0, I've been enjoying this mod for a short while now. I did find a small error however. I went to remove a simple "wild honey" out of a bee house, not only did I get the honey, no problems, but I also got big wall of red text from Smapi. I haven't noticed any other problems so far, but I just put the honey in a chest, (community center whenever I get around to it)
          error as follows:

[05:50:13 ERROR SMAPI] A mod failed handling the PlayerEvents.InventoryChanged event:
          System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
          at Longevity.Price.UpdateInventory()
          at Longevity.Main.InventoryChanged(Object sender, EventArgs e)
          at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.InternalExtensions.SafelyRaiseGenericEvent[TEventArgs](IMonitor monitor, String name, IEnumerable`1 handlers, Object sender, TEventArgs args) in D:\source\_Stardew\SMAPI\src\StardewModdingAPI\Framework\InternalExtensions.cs:line 57

EDIT: hmm... so a capital d followed by a colon makes an emote...

• RTGOAT

RTGOAT Cosmic Narwhal

@Lakekoocanusa

Thanks for the report, this is a simple issue due to my time constraints...

I'll have this fixed for v1.6.1

• GelowRamos

I was shocked when I saw that my tax is over 1 million now. I think it's a little too much for me given that I'm only at Year 3 haha. Though I inderstand it since my farm is almost filled with manykegs and crystallarium. Haha

• RTGOAT

RTGOAT Cosmic Narwhal

@GelowRamos

Yes! Taxes certainly scale, however, they scale fairly.

Fairly means that you should be able to make more than enough money to satisfy tax demands.
                If you cannot, you are either overspending money you do not have, or you are not being productive with your capital.

v2.0 is going to really bring more depth to this business style way of running your farm :)

• GelowRamos

@RTGOAT

Yeah. I could see that I still get a decent amount of income with that. Will be waiting for the update.

RTGOAT likes this.
                  • jaieet

jaieet Intergalactic Tourist

Hey RTGOAT. So I recently made a request thread enquiring about backpack upgrades and how to modify their values. I've only been playing for a short while (like a few days), and have been using your mod. I like the taxes and diminishing return effects. They sort've encourage me to deviate from my standard playstyle, which is fun. I still ended up making anywhere between 1-2k a day by the 15th of spring, though, and ended up stumbling across the backpack upgrade which I kind've sort've didn't know existed (I just assumed you unlocked more slots by levelling up or something! :p )

And, well, I'll just use the same quote I used in my thread:

Now, lemme preface by saying that a game being easy or hard isn't a big deal. But once I bought that backpack, I no longer needed to switch out tools, or plan my routes. I could just run from place to place - foraging, mining, fishing, whatever - and rarely hit my inventory cap. And even if I did, I could just throw some slimes, sap, or seeds away. It really sucked the fun out of foraging and exploring; and, now, I'm more or less avoiding the backpack upgrade. And I think that's kind of silly - because I WOULD like more space. Just not so much, so early.

ANYWAY:

I was advised by Entoarox that, without a grasp of C#, my attempt to add in extra backpacks would be difficult, and I should ask you for help - as it might synergise with your longevity mod. Essentially, I was thinking something along the lines of making the 1st rucksack upgrade cost 1 or 2 thousand gold; and giving the player 3 additional inventory slots. Each subsequent purchase of the backpack would cost 1k more gold than the last upgrade did, offering the player 3 more spaces each time, until the player's entire inventory was open for use.

I feel like this could definitely slow down the game's progress and add longevity. But more than anything, I just don't want to insta-power spike and accomplish every task every day. I want to have to plan a little, y'know?! But I digress.

Would you be interested in making something like this? Entoarox implied it might not take a long time; and it's killing me to avoid game mechanics just because they're a little inflated.

• BrandonPotter0

BrandonPotter0 Big Damn Hero

WOo, Stardew Valley 1.2 has been released :D

Hopefully the new SMAPI and Longevity will be out soon <3

• RTGOAT

RTGOAT Cosmic Narwhal

@jaieet

This is a nice idea, and thanks to @Entoarox for pointing you here.

I have a couple of ideas on how it could be done; I'll do my best to make some time for it.
                        Keep in mind that I have quite a bit of work already in progress so I can't promise it will be anytime too soon.

@BrandonPotter0

It looks like I'll be scheduling v1.6.1 changes to v1.6.2, and instead, releasing v1.6.1 as an update for SDV 1.2...

• BrandonPotter0

I cant wait :D SMAPI has already been released. NOw its just the waiting game for all the good mods to update :D

• Pastverb

Pastverb Space Hobo

Thank you for the work that you've put into this. I running the 1.6.0 with SMAPI 1.10 and Pierre is "out of stock". Below is the error I'm seeing in the terminal.

[13:09:15 ERROR SMAPI] A mod failed handling the LocationEvents.CurrentLocationChanged event:
                            System.MissingMethodException: Method 'Item.set_Name' not found.
                            at Longevity.Main.CurrentLocationChanged (System.Object sender, System.EventArgs e) <0x41f1a6b0 + 0x0011b> in <filename unknown>:0
                            at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.InternalExtensions.SafelyRaiseGenericEvent[TEventArgs] (IMonitor monitor, System.String name, IEnumerable`1 handlers, System.Object sender, StardewModdingAPI.Framework.TEventArgs args) <0x41cff060 + 0x000d3> in <filename unknown>:0

Any help would be appreciated, and thank you again.

• Pastverb

Pastverb Space Hobo

Fixed the issue by setting MCM to "false" in the config. If that's a known issue or just a noob issue please forgive me.

Cheers.

• RTGOAT

RTGOAT Cosmic Narwhal

@Pastverb

SDV v1.2 has broken Longevity.

Could you tell me all of your config settings... Most of Longevity's systems are broken as of SDV v1.2.
                                I have most of it updated; I should have Longevity running and ready for v1.2 soon.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2017
                                  KThxBye910 likes this.
                                • Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

Replace the `Action=BuyBackpack` with a custom one in the SeedShop map, then just react to your custom action as you want, I checked, and none of CA's code breaks if you increase inventory size in amounts smaller then 12 slots at once, the only thing that happens is that the second upgrade will be used as the visible backpack multiple times (due to how CA coded things)

RTGOAT likes this.
                                  • BrandonPotter0

• KThxBye910

KThxBye910 Void-Bound Voyager

Dang, so disappointed when I tried to launch today and realized v1.2 blew everything up. Thanks for letting us know you're working on an update, and for all your hard work!

• RTGOAT

RTGOAT Cosmic Narwhal

@BrandonPotter0

It should. Give it a try and report results!
                                      *When I can get an update of course...

@KThxBye910

A bit unfortunate, but yes, I'm working quickly in my currently busy schedule to get things updated.
                                      Finals week and graduation is time consuming :p

KThxBye910 likes this.
                                      • RTGOAT

RTGOAT Cosmic Narwhal

I will have an update for SDV v1.2 compatibility released by this time tomorrow.

Thanks for your patience!