RELEASED Longevity v1.5->v1.6 (DNPCD_BETA) [@v1.6.9]

Discussion in 'Mods' started by RTGOAT, Mar 13, 2017.

1. Sable19

Sable19 Void-Bound Voyager

Is there a way to change the key to bring up the menu? I alt tab a lot and it is slightly annoying me to alt tab when I'm cooking and I have to go out of the menu to get back into the stove. I'm not familiar with things like this so I thought I would ask.

• RTGOAT

RTGOAT Cosmic Narwhal

@Sable19

Not at this current moment.
      Next patch I will be introducing a configurable key.

• Sable19

Sable19 Void-Bound Voyager

Okay, thank you! ^^

RTGOAT likes this.
        • GameHo

GameHo Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I downloaded the Longetivity mod and after I installed it as the instructions say this is what I get every time I try to open it

[00:50:57 INFO SMAPI] SMAPI 1.9 with Stardew Valley 1.11 on Microsoft Windows 10 Home
          [00:50:57 DEBUG SMAPI] Mods go here: C:\GOG Games\Stardew Valley\Mods
          [00:50:57 DEBUG SMAPI] Loading SMAPI...
          [00:50:57 DEBUG SMAPI] Loading game...
          [00:50:58 DEBUG SMAPI] Loading mods...
          [00:51:00 TRACE SMAPI] Loading BirthdayMail.dll...
          [00:51:00 INFO SMAPI] Loaded BirthdayMail by KathrynHazuka, v1.2.2 | Places mail from Lewis in the mailbox to remind the player birthdays of all viligers the player knows
          [00:51:00 TRACE SMAPI] Loading GiftTasteHelper.dll...
          [00:51:00 INFO SMAPI] Loaded GiftTasteHelper by tstaples (aka catman), v2.3.1 | Displays NPC gift tastes in a handy tooltip.
          [00:51:01 TRACE SMAPI] Loading Longevity.dll...
          [00:51:01 INFO SMAPI] Loaded Longevity by RTGOAT, v1.6.1 | Platform that will be used to continually add longevity to the game.
          [00:51:01 TRACE SMAPI] Loading LookupAnything.dll...
          [00:51:02 INFO SMAPI] Loaded LookupAnything by Pathoschild, v1.12 | View metadata about anything by pressing a button.
          [00:51:02 TRACE SMAPI] Loading NoSoilDecayRedux.dll...
          [00:51:02 INFO SMAPI] Loaded No Soil Decay Redux by Platonymous, v1.0 | Stops soil from decaying
          [00:51:02 TRACE SMAPI] Loading NPCMapLocations.dll...
          [00:51:02 INFO SMAPI] Loaded NPC Map Locations Mod by Bouhm, v1.4.6 | Shows NPC locations on the map
          [00:51:03 TRACE SMAPI] Loading Portraiture.dll...
          [00:51:03 INFO SMAPI] Loaded Portraiture by Platonymous, v1.0.1 | Helper Mod for Portraits. For SDV 1.11.
          [00:51:03 TRACE SMAPI] Loading SB_PotC.dll...
          [00:51:03 INFO SMAPI] Loaded Part of the Community by Brandon Marquis Markail Green (Space Baby), v1.0.8 | This mod will allow the Farmer to increase Friendship by supporting the community
          [00:51:03 TRACE SMAPI] Loading CJBShowItemSellPrice.dll...
          [00:51:03 INFO SMAPI] Loaded CJB Show Item Sell Price by CJ Bok, v1.7 | Show item sell price in your inventory!
          [00:51:04 TRACE SMAPI] Loading TrainerMod.dll...
          [00:51:04 INFO SMAPI] Loaded Trainer Mod by SMAPI, v1.9 | Adds SMAPI console commands that let you manipulate the game.
          [00:51:05 DEBUG SMAPI] Loaded 10 mods.
          [00:51:05 DEBUG SMAPI] Starting game...
          [00:51:06 DEBUG SMAPI] Starting console...
          [00:51:06 INFO SMAPI] Type 'help' for help, or 'help <cmd>' for a command's usage
          [00:51:18 INFO SMAPI] The following commands are registered: help, list_items, load, player_additem, player_addmelee, player_addring, player_changecolor, player_changestyle, player_sethealth, player_setimmunity, player_setlevel, player_setmaxhealth, player_setmaxstamina, player_setmoney, player_setname, player_setspeed, player_setstamina, save, show_data_files, show_game_files, world_downminelevel, world_freezetime, world_setday, world_setminelevel, world_setseason, world_settime.
          [00:51:18 INFO SMAPI] For more information about a command, type 'help command_name'.
          [00:51:34 ERROR SMAPI] There's no command with that name.
          [00:51:35 ERROR SMAPI] A mod failed handling the MenuEvents.MenuChanged event:
          System.MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'StardewValley.Farmer StardewValley.Game1.get_player()'.
          at Longevity.DiminishingReturn.CopyPlayerMoney()
          at Longevity.Main.MenuChanged(Object sender, EventArgs e)
          at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.InternalExtensions.SafelyRaiseGenericEvent[TEventArgs](IMonitor monitor, String name, IEnumerable`1 handlers, Object sender, TEventArgs args) in D:\source\_Stardew\SMAPI\src\StardewModdingAPI\Framework\InternalExtensions.cs:line 71
          [00:51:39 ALERT SMAPI] You can update SMAPI from version 1.9 to 1.10
          [00:51:45 ALERT LookupAnything] Update to version 1.13 available.
          [00:51:46 ERROR SMAPI] A mod failed handling the GameEvents.UpdateTick event:
          System.MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'StardewValley.Farmer StardewValley.Game1.get_player()'.
          at Longevity.Main.UpdateTick(Object sender, EventArgs e)
          at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.InternalExtensions.SafelyRaisePlainEvent(IMonitor monitor, String name, IEnumerable`1 handlers, Object sender, EventArgs args) in D:\source\_Stardew\SMAPI\src\StardewModdingAPI\Framework\InternalExtensions.cs:line 46
          [00:51:48 ERROR SMAPI] A mod failed handling the GameEvents.UpdateTick event:
          at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.InternalExtensions.SafelyRaisePlainEvent(IMonitor monitor, String name, IEnumerable`1 handlers, Object sender, EventArgs args) in D:\source\_Stardew\SMAPI\src\StardewModdingAPI\Framework\InternalExtensions.cs:line 46
          [00:51:50 ERROR SMAPI] A mod failed handling the GameEvents.UpdateTick event:
          [00:51:50 ERROR SMAPI] A mod failed handling the GameEvents.UpdateTick event:

:scissors:
          Edit by Iris Blanche: I removed a great portion of the log. Errormessages were all the same and spammed over this amount of time.
          :scissors:

[00:55:03 ERROR SMAPI] A mod failed handling the GameEvents.UpdateTick event:
          [00:55:03 ERROR SMAPI] A mod failed handling the GameEvents.UpdateTick event:
          [00:55:04 ERROR SMAPI] A mod failed handling the GameEvents.UpdateTick event:

I'd really appreciate some help with this

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 28, 2017
          • BrandonPotter0

BrandonPotter0 Big Damn Hero

Holy shit, spam much?

• LoneW01f84

LoneW01f84 Yeah, You!

@RTGOAT
              Sweet! Thanks so much for getting back to me so quick! :)
              I'll reinstall DNPCC tonight to clear up any potential installation errors. That's probably more thank likely what it was, but just in case here's my mod list:
              Happy Birthday
              Medieval Modern Buildings
              Tuxedo Cat
              Cute Long Hairstyles
              Cuter, Fatter Cows & Cuter Fatter Baby Cows
              Lightsabers
              Babies Take After Their Parents (specifically Sebastian's Babies)
              The Amazing Deathicorn
              Just A New Map Recolor
              Skull Cavern Elevator
              Experience Bars​

Again, you rock! Thank you so much for putting my mind at ease! Back to farming it up for me. :)

@GameHo
              I see it shows SMAPI v1.9 and SDV v1.11. I'd suggest updating SMAPI to v1.10 and SDV to v1.2 and try loading the game again. :)

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 27, 2017
              • RTGOAT

RTGOAT Cosmic Narwhal

@GameHo

I only need 1 of the reoccurring errors, not all of them.
                The issue is because v1.6.1 is for SMAPI v1.10 and SDV v1.2.
                Updating will fix the issue.

For future reference, if you have a log this long and think 100% of it should be reviewed,
                attach the text document instead of pasting to the forum.

@LoneW01f84

DNPCC doesn't require installation. Just leave the DNPCC folder inside the Longevity folder.
                The only files that need to be moved out of Longevity's folder are MCM files. (Menu & DNPCC should be left untouched)

• Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

@GameHo
                  Put this amount of log either in a spoiler tag or even better attach it as a file to your post. I edited your post for you (took a while cuz of the amount of data).

Edit: i also reduced your log a bit.

@LoneW01f84
                  *merges doublepost* :nurukappa:

Regards
                  Iris Blanche

Last edited: Apr 28, 2017
                    RTGOAT likes this.
                  • tinkerbelljln

tinkerbelljln Pangalactic Porcupine

For some reason, I can't plant the trees from MCM. I've put the files in the right place and everything. There's no error, so I have no log to post, but I can plant the six that came with the game, but as soon as I try to plant one of the ones from MCM the placement thing just stays red. I haven't tried the other crops yet.

• RTGOAT

RTGOAT Cosmic Narwhal

@tinkerbelljln

I'm not sure what the issue would be.
                      If anyone else could confirm the same issue I could look deeper into it.

If you're the only one, attempt to reinstall the mod.
                      Also, try other crops for me as well if you could.

• tinkerbelljln

That actually was with a reinstall unfortunately, and I just checked, I can plant the regular crops, tried with the pineapple. So it's just the trees.
                        EDIT: I have seen people saying there's something new with the ObjectInformation.xnb, maybe that's it? The thread I saw it mentioned in is here, because it's all gibberish to me unfortunately.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2017
                        • RTGOAT

RTGOAT Cosmic Narwhal

@tinkerbelljln

That was a formatting change that I believe I addressed in v1.6.1.
                          If I can get a confirmation from someone else I'll begin a general overview.

If it works for all others, I will take your case as unique.

• tinkerbelljln

So it occurred to me, what if I dug a spot for the tree as if it was a crop? So I did that, and the tree plants as normal, like it just turns into the sapling like a normal tree. So I have a work around that I am completely fine with, it's such a minor thing I don't mind at all. Still don't know what could possibly be causing it.

RTGOAT likes this.
                            • McMagnus

McMagnus Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hey, this is pretty minor, but Pierre's shop didn't update for Fall. Fall 1, I went to buy seeds and he was still selling summer seeds. A restart seems to have fixed it. I quickl scanned through SMAPI before restarting and saw no warnings or errors.

• BrandonPotter0

BrandonPotter0 Big Damn Hero

I have had this issue with the spring/Summer seeds as well.

• KThxBye910

KThxBye910 Void-Bound Voyager

Same. It updates on the second day on the season though.

• Aveloren

Aveloren Subatomic Cosmonaut

I love all the work that has gone into this, easily a good reason to start a new save.
                                    I am curious if there is still the intent of adding the meat crops in an upcoming version as mentioned way back on page 1 and 2 of the post.

McMagnus likes this.
                                    • RTGOAT

RTGOAT Cosmic Narwhal

@McMagnus & @BrandonPotter0 & @KThxBye910

I will implement a fix for this when i release v1.6.2.
                                      I've been out of town for the past few days so i'll need some time.

@Aveloren

Thanks for the positive feedback!
                                      I can still add meat crops and will look to place that in my long list of to-dos.

McMagnus and Aveloren like this.
                                      • McMagnus

McMagnus Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I heartily agree with Aveloren. I had put in roughly 300 hours into the game before I finally got bored. Longevity was the reason I decided to come back to Stardew and I'm not regretting it. The taxes and prices give power-players like myself the extra time to appreciate the fantastic looking DNPC additions (+ Eemie's map recolour and seasonal immersion). Thanks for your hard work!

• RTGOAT

RTGOAT Cosmic Narwhal

@McMagnus

Again, I appreciate the positive feedback. The aim was to always expand and bring more value to the game itself.
                                          As long as I am developing Longevity, I will continue to look for and create new ways to make the game's content more rewarding.

Thanks!