RELEASED Longevity v1.5->v1.6 (DNPCD_BETA) [@v1.6.9]

Discussion in 'Mods' started by RTGOAT, Mar 13, 2017.

1. TQRiver

TQRiver Void-Bound Voyager

So I recently got the updated Longevity mod to the newest, from 1.3. Now there are sodas but how do you make them? With my fruit trees, the fruit that comes off of them doesn't say whether its fermented or not.

• Seismothesaurus

Seismothesaurus Scruffy Nerf-Herder

All tree fruits will become sodas instead of wines when placed into kegs.

RTGOAT likes this.
      • TQRiver

TQRiver Void-Bound Voyager

So then how do you make wine?

• Seismothesaurus

Seismothesaurus Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Crops other than fruit trees will still make wines and juices as usual (including MCM crops).

RTGOAT likes this.
          • mrslowly

mrslowly Void-Bound Voyager

Can you disclose the source code somewhere? Like on github?
            If you don't provide a license you still retain the copyright and no one can fork it.

• KThxBye910

KThxBye910 Void-Bound Voyager

I don't know why I couldn't understand this... took me about 15 minutes to realize that only trees make soda. I'm over here like, "But I needs wine, I'm an adult, it is fuel," having an existential crisis. Riiiight, grapes can still make wine because they don't grow on trees.... doh...

Great work as always, RTGOAT. I'm at the point where vanilla SDV just feels pointless, and I can't play save files without this mod.

Seismothesaurus likes this.
              • RTGOAT

RTGOAT Cosmic Narwhal

@mrslowly

Source code for Longevity will remain private for sometime.
                If you have questions or would like programming insights, I would be happy to share with you.

@KThxBye910

Love to hear it, mate! Lets continue to expand on that outlook :)

KThxBye910 likes this.
                • quanc22

quanc22 Void-Bound Voyager

there is a bug here, in version 1.6.5, when I caught a bullhead fish and sold it, a tax/bill of sprinkler number increased 2g for every bullhead fish I got, after I quit and loaded again, that number became normal but if I slept again and the next day, it would save the number. Sorry for my bad english

• RTGOAT

RTGOAT Cosmic Narwhal

@quanc22

Was it just bullhead?
                    I'll have to double check it for you as that seems very odd.

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

• Midaychi

Midaychi Scruffy Nerf-Herder

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

Quite clearly you are not paying any attention to the actual bug report, since its still looking for /mods/Longevity/xxxx, just not in the correct *spot*.... and that has to do with where OSX puts its Content files...

• RTGOAT

RTGOAT Cosmic Narwhal

@Entoarox

You would be correct, I appreciate the solution.
                        I've never owned or even really used OSX so I wasn't much help for those users when trying to determine where they needed those files.

I've not seen an issue with DNPCC files until now, only my menu content files. I suppose I should now properly address this for my mac users :p

@Midaychi

The issue for mac users is when I load textures.
                        The start of the directory begins in content files. I just back up from there based on PC directory to find my files.

"Content\..\Mods\Longevity\DNPCC\JojaMart\Winter"

Since mac content is stored elsewhere... the path doesn't work this way.

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

Code:
                                  public static string GetPlatformRelativeContent(this IContentHelper helper)
                                  {
                                      return File.Exists(Path.Combine(AppDomain.CurrentDomain.BaseDirectory, "..", "Resources", Game1.content.RootDirectory, "XACT", "FarmerSounds.xgs")) ? Path.Combine(AppDomain.CurrentDomain.BaseDirectory, "..", "Resources", Game1.content.RootDirectory) : Path.Combine(AppDomain.CurrentDomain.BaseDirectory, "Content");
                                  }
                          That is the code I use in EntoaroxFramework to always get the correct location of Content, but SMAPI's IContentHelper::Load<T> will probably work a lot better for you, since it lets you load the textures using paths relative to where your mod DLL is :)

• RTGOAT

RTGOAT Cosmic Narwhal

@Entoarox

This is very helpful actually! Thanks a bunch; I don't keep up with SMAPI updates so I'm likely not using many tools I could be.
                            I appreciate it again :)

• lightbowser1

lightbowser1 Void-Bound Voyager

@RTGOAT its possible to make giant crops?, because I will like to see a "giant watermelon".

Edit: please tell me it wasnt you who put those descriptions on pear and cucumber.

• RTGOAT

RTGOAT Cosmic Narwhal

I'm not sure how those are done. Possible, sure, a focus, not at this time.

The descriptions are being rewrote as they are a part of the original MCM that I haven't changed.
                                I've already mentioned that I will be changing them since I would agree that they are not the greatest of quality.

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

CA's crops during DayUpdate perform a check to see if there are fully grown crops with the checking crop in the corner, if so, the checking crop & the other 3 are all deleted, and a giant crop spawned in their place.
                                  Due to the way this code works, only the Farm map can have giant crops (Greenhouse for example will never have giant crops at all)

• RTGOAT

RTGOAT Cosmic Narwhal

@Entoarox

Not far off from my assumptions, thanks for the insight.

• Fyuriya

Fyuriya Void-Bound Voyager

ive got a question about the textures, im currently using "Rue's creepy curious and spooky aesthetics fruit trees" and id like to keep the the textures from that and edit the file so i can have the trees from this mod aswell. How would I go about doing this? Ive tried to extract the files but I just keep getting .yaml files, and im not sure what to do with these, so is it not possible or am I doing something wrong?