1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Lucario Race Mod PG V0.1

Now you too can be a fuzzy lucario!

1. Zancuno

Zancuno Existential Complex

It's been a long time since I have updated this. Life has been busy with work and so many other things. Making an animation is still rather new to me and I had many scrapped attempts at creating the respawn animation.

Although I have finally done it!!! I got a product for the respawn animation. It may not be the best, but it will work until I can update it one day.

I have also finished the jackal ship pet. This is still a beta sprite, so it may seem slightly rough when walking. I was able to make almost all of the animations fluid except the walk. Although for some reason the jackal refuses to swim to test the swimming animation even if I flood the ship :rofl:. The jackal no longer meows, in fact the game files existed some unused canine sounds which I used.

While talking with Dilrax, who you may remember from RenTek: Reni's Armoury and also RenTek: Project Armory (Delta Armoury is in the make), we were discussing the character creation on our sprites. So I ended up redoing the entire color selection of the sprites. The first option now changes the blue parts and the chest fur. The Mask option changes the black parts that now match with the hair color, and the Eye option still changes the eyes. This should make a whole lot more color choices be possible and also make NPCs more color matched than a random mix.

The tier 5 armors and the tier 6 armors will have to wait, but I filled all the requirements I promised before to post a new mod page.

I just have some tweaking to values to do to fix the massively overpowered features or under powered features and the mod will be released as a 1.3.2 beta build for the public. It'll be up to community responses and later updates to get it ready for Steam Workshop!!

Last edited: Aug 13, 2017
  2. Pokemorphedplayer

Pokemorphedplayer Subatomic Cosmonaut

This is wonderful news! It's nice to know this mod's coming back after all this time. I loved the Lucario and I really liked how you gave them unique armor. :3

3. Lucai

Lucai Void-Bound Voyager

wow, i thought this mod was dead

4. Lucai

Lucai Void-Bound Voyager

when will it be released?

5. 7x9000

7x9000 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I really wish that I could help with this mod!
    Sadly, I like that skill (and motivation) to really do much aside from spread this about.

6. Lucai

Lucai Void-Bound Voyager

Also, how come the current version crashes on startup?

7. Zancuno

The last version posted in this thread was way back in time. There are several factors that are causing it to crash. Although I just got done zipping up the first 1.3.2 beta. I have to apologize for the long wait as life is known to slap you in the face when you try to do something. I had many times where I could not actively work on the mod. Although when I couldn't work on it, I at least thought of ideas and discussed it with Dilrax. Also the 1.3.2 Starbound build is finally allowing me to play like previous to 1.0 (I can finally get past the first boss!!). I will be setting up the new mod page ASAP. It will first be only on the forums and then once another list of things are complete, it'll be ready for Steam Workshop. It's going to be fun designing the new armors and the ship. (Yes I remember the suggestions from way back in time. Egyptian Ion Armor, Master Chief Based, and Energy Suit.)

I have to say I hate that this was pushed off for so long...

Once it is out, just simply replace your existing file with the new one. I hope to get the page set up tonight.

Dilrax likes this.
  8. Zancuno

9. Lucai

Lucai Void-Bound Voyager

oh wow, you responded so fast. I'm impressed. Keep on the good work, i think you did very well. You have done very well balancing this mod and other stuff.

10. Pokemorphedplayer

There might be some issues with this mod.

When I play with it, it appears to cause npcs do die randomly. I've also noticed this with other modded races, like the Felin.

Of course it could just be me, anyone else having these issues?

11. Zancuno

Up a few posts is the link to the new mod page. There should be some new releases as I have already had to update it twice. If you find this problem again, please leave me a log file so I can find the cause of the problem. This is why I decided to post it on these forums first. To make sure nothing is buggy upon steam release. I want to make sure everything is compatible with other mods.

12. Pokemorphedplayer

The problems seems to have gotten worse as I can't even speak to vanillia races as my Avain character.

I'm not sure if it is the mod or not but I was able to save this from the last time I played.

I hope this helps.

Attached Files:

13. Zancuno

It was the combat patch I made for the Lucario. That file has been temporarily removed with a new config file to fix this whole mess. You might want to download the new 0.4 update

14. Pokemorphedplayer

I appear to still be having issues with the other races.

On my human character people die just by talking to them but my Lucario character doesn't have this issue.

I have no idea what's going on and I 'm using 0.4. Maybe there's something else that's the cause of this?

Attached Files:

15. Dilrax

Dilrax Ketchup Robot

try the newer version, all work has been moved to a new mod page;
    https://community.playstarbound.com/resources/lucario-race.4940/ because it sounds like you've got dialog problems which was something that was recently fixed, so get the new version from the new modpage and see if that fixes it.

16. Zancuno

Hmmm thanks for pointing this out.. I may have an idea to fix it.

17. Pokemorphedplayer

Considering the fact that it's not my Lucario having these issues, I think it might be another mod conflicting with this. Maybe Frackin Races or the RPG mod I added in too. I don't think it's entirely the Lucario mod at this point...

I'm sorry I'm not more help. Computers and I don't mix well... >.<

18. Dilrax

Dilrax Ketchup Robot

there is a way to check, please load your game and go re-enact the problem again so it happens once more, once it happens then Please immediately find and open your starbound.txt log file at Steam/steamapps/common/Starbound/storage/starbound.txt if your unsure of which file, look at the image provided below[​IMG]
    and submit its contents in a post, just copy/paste it here, don't need to do anything else and we'll look through it for you to find and figure out what the problem is

19. Pokemorphedplayer

Alright, here's from my most recent playthrough.

Thank you very much for taking the time to help and I'm sorry for any trouble I've caused.

Attached Files:

20. Zancuno

Sorry for the recent inactivity on my end. They had me training new hires last week and this week. They had scheduled me to work on all of the shifts to train the new guys at work. Today is the last day of training I have to do so I will have more than a hour to be awake when I get home.

I'll be working on fixes to update off that temporary update soon.

Thanks everyone for the input on errors!!!!