1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED [FFS]Feast of Fire and Smoke 2.0hotfix6

Last generation of gunshop/gunners mod

1. YaBro

YaBro Scruffy Nerf-Herder

So I was fiddling with the codes trying to find how to make the bullets use energy by percentage and I figured out how to do it. You just have to set the "energyUsage" of the gun to 0 and then create a "gunshopgunfire.lua" for every gun then at line 32 of "gunshopgunfire.lua" change "("energy", self:energyPerShot())" to "("energy", (status.resourceMax("energy")/number of bullets))".

2. leyhan

leyhan Cosmic Narwhal

Thank you.
    but I can't changing it for now. If I use it to next update, I need to revamp whole guns's balance. maybe MG will be OP.

and If I have to add magazine system, I'll use unique magazine system. there are many free-mod to modder for making magazine systems but I didn't used it.
    because of being lore friendly is what I seek.

I don't want to change it right now.
    If starbound developer update magazine system, I'll update it too.

Sorry about that.
    and Thank you.

Toa_Derax, johnbas16 and YaBro like this.
  3. johnbas16

johnbas16 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

If you guys are worried about the Energy usage, how about add an "Ammo counter" Just like in the other mod called 'Barrett's armory'?

4. I think that leyhan wanting the mod to be lore-friendly is what, in the end, result in there not being some kind of ammo counter system.

I think the state of the mod right now is completely fine really if you think about it. Energy has always restored itself and having a way to replenish it is pretty cool. I also think it would be a dis-service to try and make it ultra-realistic. It will become much too complicated, and will further delay updates undoubtedly.

The best thing to do here is if someone who wants a ammo count system implemented bad enough, is to make a companion mod to this one. That way, everyone will be happy. If you couldn't tell, I don't want an ammo system. I think it should just stay the way it is.

5. Mackatosh

Mackatosh Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Do you think you could change the energy depletion sound to something like an overheating sound? I think that would be pretty lore friendly and wouldn't be too misplaced with vanilla items too, though it may be weird with swords.

6. Kejikus

Kejikus Void-Bound Voyager

Maybe it will be cool if there will be an addon to this mod, that adds realistic ammo-counting or dynamic energy usage, without need to change the main mod

7. MinorRU

MinorRU Void-Bound Voyager

Hi! It seems to me that need to change the shooting sounds at part of weapons, because the shooting sound of M249 for example are terrible. This sound is quiet compared to other sounds. Another example: other sound is dominated by the right or left speaker. And in General not very high quality. (Sry for my english.) Love this mod and waiting for new updates. Thx for autor and good luck!

8. SlashUC

SlashUC Void-Bound Voyager

Any chance that we can test vehicles before the planed release date?

9. johnbas16

johnbas16 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Not sure if this is a bug or something but i'll say it anyway; I just noticed the the "Vltimecia's messiah" Doesn't have a brass eject sound like the other guns.

Edit: Maybe others as well like the M4A1.

10. leyhan

leyhan Cosmic Narwhal

leyhan updated Lyetzi's Gunshop Mod with a new update entry:

GUNSHOP 1.0.5 UPDATE

Read the rest of this update entry...

11. oddone160

oddone160 Void-Bound Voyager

no weapon firing sound, shell castings and bullet projection on the MK.18 mod.0 CQBR rifle

12. @leyhan I can confirm that Mk. 18 Mod. 0 CQBR fires, but no sound or bullets.

Also, I may just be lacking sleep but are some of the guns sitting a little higher than before? It may have always been like that, but for some reason I feel like some of the guns sit too high when aiming and it looks a little strange.

Adding to the unrelated note, some shotguns including Auto 5 and Franchi SPAS-15 kick a little while later after firing, also do not know if this is intentional or if it was like that before.

Colt Single Action Army has a strange firing animation and can no longer reload.

There could be other similar bugs related to the Mk. 18 Rifle, but I did not check everything. Would most likely be best to check all newly added weapons to see if any other issues exist.

13. SurealLustHunter

SurealLustHunter Subatomic Cosmonaut

I can confirm the Mk.18 Mod.0 CQBR and the the Colt Single Action and the Auto 5.
    On a side note, Winchester M1897 doesnt have a firing noise

14. JT`

JT` Phantasmal Quasar

Does anyone else receive 10-15 fps or so slowdown whenever the Lyetzi assets are currently on the list on the crafting menu? I suspect it's something to do with the fact that it's using the full-sized graphics as icons, instead of special icons or placeholders..

Before the beta ends, it would be nice if all of the shops instead appeared at a new outpost and/or were added (with mini shield generators) to planetary generation, since they tend to clutter up the crafting menu. I get that it's a beta right now, though. =)

konokai likes this.
  15. konokai

konokai Scruffy Nerf-Herder

yes, i can also confirm it is unbelievably laggy whenever i open up a menu... even though I run GTA V on high settings I can't run this at all in a menu.

I just wish bullets were faster but the developer already said something about it. I just really liked how cool it was to just unleash 30 - 40 bullets whizzing into whatever I'm shooting at, but instead I'm able to see the bullets with their tracers and it makes me feel like I'm shooting lasers instead.

16. Mackatosh

Mackatosh Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I tried replacing all the shop icons with crappy 3x3 icons which were really small in size, it didn't help the lag.

17. @JT` @konokai @Mackatosh
    I can confirm this as well, which is strange since I have a crafting menu that is longer than most weapon lists and do not experience this lag. The lag goes away when I scroll the menu away from the crafting stations which leads me to believe that this is not a menu problem, but possibly a coding problem with the items themselves. Could it be the multi-colored text?

18. MinorRU

MinorRU Void-Bound Voyager

Perhaps many have not noticed a thing, I must say about this - in process of reloading animation Barret M107 mag that changing have a black color, but after this animation it has a sand-like color (same as the gun). Thx for update, it's cool.

19. Toa_Derax

Toa_Derax Pangalactic Porcupine

Very small bug to report: the texture for the Philadelphia Derringer (T1 pistol) is fullbright at all times. Nothing broken, just a texture bug.
    I'll try to post any more I find as I continue playing.

20. alecsander

alecsander Subatomic Cosmonaut

to those commenting about the menu lag it is a known issue that we haven't been able to solve, vehicles are essentially broken due to starbounds bas vehicle system being shit anyways (to explain it this way the hoverbike works like ass when on planetside anyway and is only semi useful since it hovers over the top of blocks, take the hover away and you get stuck on lots of spots in the terrain this is why the vehicles are being reworked)