1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Bug/Issue Mac 10.12.3 crash on startup

Discussion in 'Mac / Linux Bug Reports' started by B0bthem0n, Mar 26, 2017.

1. B0bthem0n

B0bthem0n Space Hobo

Hi,

I have looked all over for the solution to this problem and I cannot find a fix anywhere. When I open the game from steam, the icon pops up in the toolbar, but then the game crashes after a 1-2 second black screen I have tried the beta and the verifying of the caches. For one, it might just be because I don't have the right beta code, but IDK. I have also tried
    sudo chown username:staff ~/.config
    but it then asks me for a password and when i try to type in my admin password it doesn't show up on screen, there's just a key surrounded by a grey box. I am about to explode and i need help.

thanks,

Distressed would-be farmer

• MysticTempest

MysticTempest Spaceman Spiff

Hrm, not sure about the grey box and key part. But, I don't think it will show you the password(it doesn't on Linux). Just type in the password, and hit enter; disregard that it's invisible.
      And, make sure you're actually substituting the 'username' part of that command for your own. I'd also double check if there's any error logs already in case it's a different issue:

Check here first:
      /Users/yourusername/StardewValley/ErrorLogs

• B0bthem0n

B0bthem0n Space Hobo

So, I looked, and there was not actually a file under that name, I used both terminal and the file explorer to try and find it, but it wasn't there. Then, I tried typing in the password, and again, nothing showed up, but when I tried to open Stardew Valley, it worked!

thanks,
        no longer distressed would-be farmer