1. When making a thread, please tag your thread accordingly using the menu to the left of the textfield where you name your thread where applicable. Server Advertisements and Mod Releases should be contained to their respective subforums.

Modded Maka Soul's Starbound

Discussion in 'Public Servers' started by makasouleater69, Dec 23, 2015.

• Gonna take it down now it will take like 1 min, if you just want to download the new frackin make sure you delete the old one first, it will take me about 5 mins after that to update the link for the mod.7z

1. K its back up with frackin updated, I have to redownload starbound, and the mods so its gonna take me a bit to test it out. Let me know if you have any problems.

2. seems to be working for me

3. I forgot to shut off windows update, and its gonna restart the server, so I am gonna restart that and disable windows update. Give it like 10 mins.

4. NewMilenium

NewMilenium Void-Bound Voyager

Thanks for the info each time :)

5. All done back up.

6. Some one was saying they couldn't get in, but I had to do something in RL, it still seems to be working for me. I am unsure what is wrong, let me know if any one else is having trouble. Your welcome for the info :)

7. NewMilenium

It's the same to me, yes. I thought it was on my side, because I could get in in the morning, but it was crashing Starbound each time I was loading my base. After some fixes and redownloading the pack and the last Frackin'Universe version (which doesn't seem to have changed), I don't know what's wrong and I can't connect anymore.

8. Did you try downloading the server mod folder from the first post. I updated frackin,but it depends on how you updated it, if you copied over it the frackin folder and it didnt work, then that might beyour problem.

9. Another thing might be if you kept that stock thing mod goes here, that isnt on the server.

10. NewMilenium

Hello,
    I can't connect to the server today. Any idea of the cause?
    The symptom is : "Join failed! Error connecting to '8.26.94.155:21000' (NetworkException) cannot connect to 8.26.94.155:21000: U"

11. meixbonz

meixbonz Orbital Explorer

Hi,

I want to join the server is it still open? It seems amazing for me to have some place like this and find some player cosntruction withing the huge universe.

if yes just some samll question.
    does you guys have some neutral spot to see each other? a space bar? Something like that?
    And do you have a system to protect your stuff for thief?
    I hope to find the time to meet you soon.

by the way I'm french so sorry for my english.

12. NewMilenium

I'll try to answer, but i'm just a player.
    The admin said some days / weeks ago that the server won't close.
    We are not numerous at all, we haven't set a neutral spot. I guess we could have a common planet on which we would all build & meet.
    I don't think there is any protection against thieves. So far we're only using luck; the universe is big and we're not numerous. Maybe talking to the admin will help, I found him very opened to suggestions on this very topic. :)

13. meixbonz

I just reinstall the game and copy all mods on my mods folders (on the root and on giraffe folder) but I still have "Join failed! Error connecting to '8.26.94.155:21000' (NetworkException) cannot connect to 8.26.94.155:21000: U"
    Do you have any idea of what I did wrong?
    Ip = 8.26.94.155
    Port = 21000

Should I put something on server account and password?

Last edited: Apr 4, 2017
  14. NewMilenium

Please read the post that is 3 posts above; the post above your first post, which I posted.

I hope the admin comes and tells us what's happening soon.

15. meixbonz

I thought that your answer inclued the fact that it is working right now.
    Sorry for the misunderstantding.
    Of course I'll wait, Maybe the recents updates of frackin universe can be to blame, at least it seem to be often the causes and there was an update last week and yesterday.
    But maybe I'm wrong,
    In any cases thank you for your answers, long times I haven't play SB and I'm maybe a little too hurry.

16. sylph

sylph Void-Bound Voyager

17. meixbonz

Be careful Sylph, you put twice the link for brawler outfit ans none for lamia.

Other question I have a solo game with lot of mods probably no compatible with the server, but I want also to join you and discover your contructions and share mine.
    So do you know if it 's possible from steam to install twice the game in order to have two different mod files or if another solution is available to decide when we want a mod to be activated or not?

I use the workshop so I think my connecting problemes could come from that (my mods reinstall themself automaticaly)
    just for info here a list of whitch mods I use:
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7e0nworYX9EdjMxYTN6VEJNUWc

Last edited: Apr 7, 2017
  18. NewMilenium

A bit more than 2 weeks now that makasouleater has not come. I'm afraid something happened to him now. He clearly stated that there was no reason for the server to stop, and that error we have is probably because the server is offline. Let's hope he's alright.

About sylph mods > The brawler mod seems cool, but the lamia race probably doesn't fit with the current mechanic where each race has its own stats and modifications (see when creating a new character).

meixbonz > from Steam, I doubt. However it should be possible if you have one installation without steam, as I don't think there is any Starbound file in Documents\My Games, nor Appdata\Roaming, nor Appdata\Local .
    If you want to share your builds, I'm afraid you can only start your own server, or send screenshots, or share your builds via a save file and tell us the list of the mods you use.

To discover the server, you would need to use an installation of Starbound where there are only the mods of the server, once it's back online...

19. meixbonz

Thank you once again for your answer, maybe he is simply on holiday's that common close to Easter. Let see...
    May be I'll buy a DRM free version of Starbound to join you let's see (with close to 200h of gameplay I think I can pay a second time)

My own skills are not high enough to share the way you says. I just want to explore a living universe and maybe to collaborate on a shared planet.

Wait and see if Maka comes back.