RELEASED Makeshift Multiplayer 0.3.7

A temporary solution.

1. DraLUSAD

DraLUSAD Giant Laser Beams

Are you and your girlfriend in the same room whiles doing this, or separate locations
    • If separate, are you trying to connect to her, or she trying to connect to you
      • If you (Client) trying to connect to her (Host) she needs to open port 24644
    • If same room, do the internal IP, something like 192.168.1.<Host end IP>
    • You could try "Hamachi" or "Evolve" (Not recommended) that might help a little

• Sun_Moon

Sun_Moon Yeah, You!

I tried it with hamachi and also did not work

• Sun_Moon

Sun_Moon Yeah, You!

i test for tungle dont work

my new log

Attached Files:

• LugTee

LugTee Void-Bound Voyager

Any news for an update or progress ? :)

• bremlo

bremlo Aquatic Astronaut

Hi SpaceChase0, been playing your mod for about a week now; my friend and I are around the end of the first year. Aside from some (trivial) minor issues, here's my biggest concern - The "Monster Eradication Goals" progress in the Adventurer's Guild seems to reset daily and/or not track my progress correctly.

I believe it might be trying to sync with my friend's progress which is causing the problem (but I'm not the programmer here :p). I have no logs, I just wanted to make it known. Also I must ask your thoughts on syncing instances in the Mine and/or the Skull Cavern in the future? Thanks for your work.

• Sun_Moon

Sun_Moon Yeah, You!

Hi SpaceChase0 The error would be when the stopping listening port to load, it seems to me that the server does not return open the port so it becomes impossible to new connections how to fix ?

• Ryang27

Ryang27 Void-Bound Voyager

so im having this problem going to bed with my friend, he is the one hosting. i have to leave the game no matter what i do i cant go to sleep. we have tried to wait till 2am but i just get the same error.
                here is the log

[14:20:30 DEBUG Makeshift Multiplayer] [] Randy is in bed.
                [14:20:30 DEBUG Makeshift Multiplayer] Exception transitioning to next day: System.InvalidOperationException: There was an error generating the XML document. ---> System.InvalidOperationException: The type StardewValley.Monsters.ShadowBrute was not expected. Use the XmlInclude or SoapInclude attribute to specify types that are not known statically.
                at Microsoft.Xml.Serialization.GeneratedAssembly.XmlSerializationWriterSaveGame.Write38_NPC(String n, String ns, NPC o, Boolean isNullable, Boolean needType)
                at Microsoft.Xml.Serialization.GeneratedAssembly.XmlSerializationWriterSaveGame.Write63_Farm(String n, String ns, Farm o, Boolean isNullable, Boolean needType)
                at Microsoft.Xml.Serialization.GeneratedAssembly.XmlSerializationWriterSaveGame.Write90_GameLocation(String n, String ns, GameLocation o, Boolean isNullable, Boolean needType)
                at Microsoft.Xml.Serialization.GeneratedAssembly.XmlSerializationWriterSaveGame.Write132_SaveGame(String n, String ns, SaveGame o, Boolean isNullable, Boolean needType)
                at Microsoft.Xml.Serialization.GeneratedAssembly.XmlSerializationWriterSaveGame.Write133_SaveGame(Object o)
                --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
                at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer.Serialize(XmlWriter xmlWriter, Object o, XmlSerializerNamespaces namespaces, String encodingStyle, String id)
                at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer.Serialize(Stream stream, Object o, XmlSerializerNamespaces namespaces)
                at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer.Serialize(Stream stream, Object o)
                at StardewValleyMP.Multiplayer.update() in C:\Users\space\Desktop\SDV-Mods\StardewValleyMP\StardewValleyMP\Multiplayer.cs:line 504
                [14:20:30 DEBUG Makeshift Multiplayer] [] Something went wrong transitioning days.
                [14:20:30 DEBUG Makeshift Multiplayer] [] Report this bug, providing the full log file.
                [14:20:30 DEBUG Makeshift Multiplayer] [] You might be stuck in bed now. Attempting to unstuck you, more stuff might go wrong though.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2017
                • awkwardginger

awkwardginger Space Hobo

I'm having this same issue. I'm the one hosting, but my friend is having the issue sleeping. We've tried having him sleep first, which did not work, and then tried the other way around with still no luck. I don't have the log currently, but the next time it happens I could grab it for you if you would like. If anyone finds a fix, please let us know!

• Ryang27

Ryang27 Void-Bound Voyager

so i was looking at the error (im not a coder at all) but it says "The type StardewValley.Monsters.ShadowBrute was not expected." we are playing on the wilderness map so we started to go to bed around 7pm so that no monsters are on the ground. its worked so far. hope this helps!

• awkwardginger

awkwardginger Space Hobo

DUDE OMG okay yes that would make sense. We are also playing on the Wilderness map. Will be trying this out when he gets home from work. Thank you!!

• Katzvielle

Katzvielle Scruffy Nerf-Herder

The same thing happened to me a long time ago but it was a bat that was causing it.
                        I killed the bat and went back to bed and it worked.
                        So maybe you have to do the same thing. Kill the monsters then go to sleep?

• iDuck

iDuck Void-Bound Voyager

I would strongly support this. My sisters have Mac computers, and I would love to play them.

Awesome mod!

• kroW_Urven

kroW_Urven Space Hobo

Having trouble getting the mod to work with my wife, so close yet so far away. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

[21:32:41 INFO SMAPI] SMAPI 1.8 with Stardew Valley 1.11 on Microsoft Windows NT 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1
                            [21:32:41 DEBUG SMAPI] Mods go here: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Stardew Valley\Mods
                            [21:32:41 DEBUG SMAPI] Loading SMAPI...
                            [21:32:42 DEBUG SMAPI] Loading game...
                            [21:32:42 DEBUG SMAPI] Loading mods...
                            [21:32:42 TRACE SMAPI] Loading StardewValleyMP.dll...
                            [21:32:42 INFO SMAPI] Loaded mod: Makeshift Multiplayer by spacechase0, v0.2.10 | Multiplayer test
                            [21:32:42 TRACE SMAPI] Loading TrainerMod.dll...
                            [21:32:42 INFO SMAPI] Loaded mod: Trainer Mod by Zoryn, v1.0 | Registers several commands to use. Most commands are trainer-like in that they offer forms of cheating.
                            [21:32:42 TRACE SMAPI] Makeshift Multiplayer used Manifest.Authour, which is deprecated since SMAPI 1.0. This will break in a future version of SMAPI.
                            [21:32:42 TRACE SMAPI] Makeshift Multiplayer used the Log class, which is deprecated since SMAPI 1.1. This will break in a future version of SMAPI.
                            [21:32:42 DEBUG Makeshift Multiplayer] Loading Config
                            [21:32:42 TRACE SMAPI] Makeshift Multiplayer used the Config class, which is deprecated since SMAPI 1.0. This will break in a future version of SMAPI.
                            [21:32:42 TRACE SMAPI] Makeshift Multiplayer used Mod.Entry(object[]) instead of Mod.Entry(IModHelper), which is deprecated since SMAPI 1.0. This will break in a future version of SMAPI.
                            [21:32:42 DEBUG SMAPI] Loaded 2 mods.
                            [21:32:42 DEBUG SMAPI] Starting game...
                            [21:32:42 DEBUG SMAPI] Starting console...
                            [21:32:42 INFO SMAPI] Type 'help' for help, or 'help <cmd>' for a command's usage
                            [21:33:11 DEBUG Makeshift Multiplayer] Saving Config file
                            [21:33:11 DEBUG Makeshift Multiplayer] [] NOTE: Chat doesn't work on the connection menu.
                            [21:33:11 DEBUG Makeshift Multiplayer] Waiting for connection...
                            [21:33:17 DEBUG Makeshift Multiplayer] Got new client.
                            [21:33:17 DEBUG Makeshift Multiplayer] Waiting for connection...
                            [21:33:19 DEBUG Makeshift Multiplayer] Got farmer data for client 1
                            [21:33:20 DEBUG Makeshift Multiplayer] [] Brittany has connected.
                            [21:33:27 DEBUG Makeshift Multiplayer] Stopping listener, beginning loading
                            [21:33:27 DEBUG Makeshift Multiplayer] Initial loading done
                            [21:33:27 DEBUG Makeshift Multiplayer] Adding: FarmHouse -> FarmHouse_Brittany (StardewValley.Locations.FarmHouse)
                            [21:33:27 DEBUG Makeshift Multiplayer] Adding: Cellar -> Cellar_Brittany (StardewValley.Locations.Cellar)
                            [21:33:27 DEBUG Makeshift Multiplayer] Getting information on the clients.
                            [21:33:27 DEBUG Makeshift Multiplayer] Broadcasting world info.
                            [21:33:41 DEBUG Makeshift Multiplayer] Exception while receiving: System.IO.IOException: Unable to read data from the transport connection: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond. ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond
                            at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Receive(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size, SocketFlags socketFlags)
                            at System.Net.Sockets.NetworkStream.Read(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size)
                            at System.Net.Sockets.NetworkStream.Read(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size)
                            at System.IO.Stream.ReadByte()
                            at System.IO.BinaryReader.ReadByte()
                            at StardewValleyMP.Packets.Packet.readFrom(Stream s) in C:\Users\space\Desktop\SDV-Mods\StardewValleyMP\StardewValleyMP\Packets\Packet.cs:line 76
                            at StardewValleyMP.Server.Client.receiveAndQueue() in C:\Users\space\Desktop\SDV-Mods\StardewValleyMP\StardewValleyMP\Server.cs:line 314
                            [21:33:41 ERROR SMAPI] An error occured in the base update loop: System.IO.IOException: Unable to write data to the transport connection: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host. ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host
                            at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Send(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size, SocketFlags socketFlags)
                            at System.Net.Sockets.NetworkStream.Write(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size)
                            at System.Net.Sockets.NetworkStream.Write(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size)
                            at StardewValleyMP.Packets.Packet.writeTo(Stream s) in C:\Users\space\Desktop\SDV-Mods\StardewValleyMP\StardewValleyMP\Packets\Packet.cs:line 147
                            at StardewValleyMP.Server.Client.send(Packet packet) in C:\Users\space\Desktop\SDV-Mods\StardewValleyMP\StardewValleyMP\Server.cs:line 304
                            at StardewValleyMP.Server.broadcastInfo() in C:\Users\space\Desktop\SDV-Mods\StardewValleyMP\StardewValleyMP\Server.cs:line 149
                            at StardewValleyMP.Vanilla.NewSaveGame.<getLoadEnumerator>d__1.MoveNext() in C:\Users\space\Desktop\SDV-Mods\StardewValleyMP\StardewValleyMP\Vanilla\NewSaveGame.cs:line 101
                            at StardewValley.Game1.UpdateTitleScreen(GameTime time)
                            at StardewValley.Game1.Update(GameTime gameTime)
                            at StardewModdingAPI.Inheritance.SGame.Update(GameTime gameTime) in D:\source\_Stardew\SMAPI\src\StardewModdingAPI\Inheritance\SGame.cs:line 338

• Androxilogin

Androxilogin Giant Laser Beams

I was testing this the other day, not sure if it's meant to work this way, but the second player is only shown in the doorway of places. When swinging an axe or any other tools the player is shown doing so but only in that position, not where they actually are. So crops will be harvested and things but the second player is "invisible" (actually in a stationary position such as a doorway).

• Androxilogin

Are you waiting until she connects to start the game? For me this was the initial problem. Also be sure to back up your saves! I used one of my test characters and they are now a part of my farm permanently.

• kroW_Urven

kroW_Urven Space Hobo

It says she has connected but the game crashes shortly after I click start. Thanks for the advice I made us both alternate accounts and backed up the saves before trying this mod.

• Androxilogin

On top of things! Good good. Unfortunately that's all I have to offer.

kroW_Urven likes this.
                                    • Kazaaar

Kazaaar Space Hobo

Is it possible to use the house together? :)

• EmissaryOfInfinity

EmissaryOfInfinity Subatomic Cosmonaut

So is there any chance of an update or someone making a patch to make NPC relationships separate? My friend and I are rather uncomfortable with the fact that we have to share a romance with an NPC, and I was hoping there was some hope of that being fixed.

• Syna

Syna Space Hobo

I keep receiving this error from the SMAPI (1.8) Console: http://imgur.com/a/cD5no - this occurs every time I try to start a game as host, it black screens and stays at the loading screen, and this pops up. Any fixes possible? Or should I wait for the next update to the mod?