1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Maverick-Hunters MMX 11.0.3

Featuring Armors, Techs (Ride Armors, Zero- and X-"Modes") and Weapons of the MMX/Z/ZX games

1. Crystan

Crystan Maverick Hunter

Not anytime soon,sorry.

2. SacredCaedeus

SacredCaedeus Phantasmal Quasar

Yeah, I didn't think so. Ah well. Glad to have an answer either way though.

3. Erm... care to clarify? I'm not exactly sure what your question is.

4. Dennis el Azul

Dennis el Azul Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I'm liking the mod! Thanks a lot for making it! :)
    If I can help in something, let me know.

5. Omega0

Omega0 Void-Bound Voyager

When I crafted the X and Zero data it showed that X buster and Z saber were unlocked, but I can't find them. :wut:

6. Crystan

Crystan Maverick Hunter

Weapons are not ingame atm. They're unlocked already, so that you can craft them when they're back in game.

7. Omega0

Omega0 Void-Bound Voyager

8. Roskii Heiral

Roskii Heiral Heliosphere

It would probably be a huge help if you made and submitted them. Most authors with mods as large as this are usually busy keeping up with all the updates. I don't wanna speak for anyone, but usually that seems to be the case =3

9. SacredCaedeus

Yes, I'm aware of such things; I'm not new to the modding scene. Suffice it to say, I'm slowly looking into things in order to submit something for use.

Roskii Heiral likes this.
  10. Aimlessimp05

Aimlessimp05 Pangalactic Porcupine

I
    f you need help I can try atleast. I cant say im any good any lua coding but i can atleast give some advice on what i do know.

SacredCaedeus likes this.
  11. SacredCaedeus

At the moment I'm more focused on figuring out where I can pull weapon samples to create it graphically. From there I can probably make something usable.

12. Roskii Heiral

The best place is to unpack the assets provided with the game itself. Other than that you can try unpacking a mod that makes whatever you're trying to make and reverse engineer it.

13. Crystan

Crystan Maverick Hunter

Please keep in mind that we have a certain art standart and that we won't add anything from the other series. Also make sure you contact us before you create something specific for the mod, before you waste any work on things we just don't want to include or already have our own plans for.

SacredCaedeus and Roskii Heiral like this.
  14. Roskii Heiral

You can also just keep it for yourself if its rejected =3

Crystan likes this.
  15. SacredCaedeus

Fair enough on all counts. For all I know those pole arms are planned for a later time. I'm just a bit hooked on the weapon type, and since I didn't see any of them in the weapon list on the front page, I asked about them initially. If there isn't anything for them yet, I'd like to try my hand to at least put a sprite out there for one of them. Though if there are plans for them (at who knows what time) and I'd be wasting my time, that would be nice to know. \o/

16. Crystan

Crystan Maverick Hunter

Like I said, not very soon. But I want to add them at some point to the mod, thats for certain. Sorry I cant give you a better time window. :(

SacredCaedeus likes this.
  17. XelSlime

XelSlime Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Using this would mean my friends would have to as well, so I might not right now, but I have played with the busters and sabers before, and I preferred messing with the X tech 'cause of all those various special weapons X has. There were problems scaling walls though, and it was strange not being able to control myself in the air like the regular games, but I guess that's just a tech issue.

How's the damage balance nowadays? Pre-1.0, I kinda felt that X's weaponry didn't hit very hard (or maybe it was my equipment at the time...?), and the buster n' saber equipment was a little too powerful.

I think the ride armor was perfectly fine though.

Roskii Heiral likes this.
  18. Roskii Heiral

I usually just dl it from this site and adjust the damage manually. I was going to share my balances last time the mod was released, but it didn't seem that appropriate since 1.0 was coming out so quickly. Honestly, I don't worry about things hitting too hard though, since bullet sponges don't make the game any more fun for me (i just try to keep the boss fights interesting).

19. SacredCaedeus

Nah, it's fine. You have things going on and that's more important; I understand. Sorry for kinda jumping on it like I did. : x I hope things are going well though.

20. Crystan

Crystan Maverick Hunter

There's no need to be sorry, it's really awesome that you guys want to help. :) But melee weapons are a special case: It's not only we require new weapon sprites, I also want to add new slash effects that fits to the weapon. Anyway Drago and I are currently getting the chocobo mod working again. When we're done with that I'm going to fix the broken stuff of the MMX mod and then I'll add new stuff (no new armors for now).

SacredCaedeus and Roskii Heiral like this.