1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Bug/Issue [MODDED] Can't Approach Planetary Ancient Gate

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Void The Violet, Apr 27, 2017.

1. Void The Violet

Void The Violet Scruffy Nerf-Herder

To be brief: I cannot have the Ancient Gate appear on screen without crashing. However, it's only the one that spawns on the planet, needed for the first quest. The one at the Outpost is fine (I /warp'd there), any ancient gates or consoles I spawn in are fine - even though they don't function - and I can't do anything because now I'm stuck in this one system and I cannot leave. Here's a list of my mods as a collection: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=912220474
    I don't have the Intro Scream mod installed. Otherwise, those are all in my game.

UPDATE: I don't know what did it, but after I made the mod changes and a new character, everything seems to be better. I've attached the newest log in case it holds the key to what changed that fixed it for people who view this later on. Until someone comments with what exactly was doing it, I recommend blacklisting any of the mods I said I removed below.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 29, 2017
  2. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

Please attach your starbound.log located in the storage folder of your starbound install.

~ Iris ~

3. Void The Violet

If you did not see, I edited the post to have a file attached.

4. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

Remove everything in the assets folder except packed.pak and the user folder. It should at least cleanup a lot of the errors you have in your log. Maybe it also fixes your issue.
    If not attach a new log after you performed this step.

~ Iris ~

5. Void The Violet

I have updated the .log file. It didn't work.

6. lazarus78

lazarus78 The Waste of Time

You have a lot of broken mods. You need to resolve those. Having as many mods as you do is asking for problems.

7. Void The Violet

Could you be more specific, please? Which mods are broken?

8. lazarus78

lazarus78 The Waste of Time

Hard to tell given you have so many. The log isnt specific on where the broken files are, only what files are broken. From the looks of one, one mod relating to food is broken, probably Tanz Hunger Overhaul. Another broken one is relating to a weapon ability "elementalspray" so whichever mod adds that.

The mod wvr_hatchplatform has broken recipe files. The mod author was smart enough to tag all their file names with "wvr" so that one is easy enough to point out.

Some mod has duplicat instances of "oldwoodtable"

Some mod that relates to I believe an "obsidian" weapon, has bad projectile files.

Deveral other instances of duplicate defined files. manipulatoraddon, acceleratoraddon.

The best thing to do is to either unsubscribe from all your mods and slowly re-add them and take note of any errors that pop up in the logs as you do this, or, start disabeling mods and taking notes on when errors start to disappear and what mods you removed which would tell you what mods were causing the specific errors.

I really don't understand why you, and many others have 100+ mods. Plus, you have two character creation menu extension mods. xbawks and "Character Creation Extender 100". It looks almost like you just slapped in any mod without thinking of comparability.

9. Void The Violet

I've sorted through my mods. I've removed Tanz Hunger Overhaul and Elemental Flashlights, which should cover those first two errors. Platform Hatches by Weaver has been removed. I've assumed that the "oldwoodtable" error came from the mod, "Old Stuff", so it's gone. However, those last two have me confused. The last two duplicates may have had to do with Magnorbs, which I need to check; also, I can't find anything pertaining to an obsidian weapon.I've also removed Xbawks. I didn't realize I'd left it in there after finding Character Creation Extender 100. I'm about to update the attached log, could you see what's changed? I try to make sense of it, but it's all beyond my current understand of the inner workings of games.

EDIT: The log is now updated.