Modding Community Rules/Guidelines [Updated Feb 24 2015]

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by mollygos, Dec 24, 2013.

1. The | Suit

The | Suit Agent S. Forum Moderator

Many of the mods are like that.
    As long as it is used only for the Starbound Game - no one will mind.

2. Mjollna

Mjollna Phantasmal Quasar

Ok then it's cool :) Thank you for your answer !

3. Mackinz

Mackinz The Waste of Time

What is the policy on mod reviews? Are there rules specifically for them? Would a review saying "it doesn't work" be in violation of any rules and be subject to removal?

4. U.N.Owen

U.N.Owen Big Damn Hero

Before I publish my first mod here
    I have a question.

I want allow anyone to alter/redistribute/fork my mods.
    But I don't want allow them to close modified versions from me.
    I want that anyone who alter/redistribute/fork my mods granted me permission for altering/redistributing/forking his mods.

Actually I want to use GPL, but it's probably impossible because mod is derivative work.

Which option should I choose for this?
    «Anyone can alter/redistribute the mod's assets without the author's consent» or «You must get the author's consent before altering/redistributing any assets included in this mod»?

5. splitwires

splitwires Space Hobo

the second, simply because it allows you to talk to them and come to an agreement

i gotta wonder, if mods here were to be nexus mod manager compatible, would it be possible to make it check here for their updates? it's actually kinda unfortunate that all the mods are here

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 16, 2017
  6. Nexus Of Chaos

Nexus Of Chaos Parsec Taste Tester

there is not any genitals and its playing on real (with genitals) art that kids are legally allowed to see (doesn't mean parents will let them, tho)

7. Sinte Monterne

Sinte Monterne Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Мод хороший, но есть проблема. При попытке использовать Vanity shop я получаю ошибку (No such item "darkguardhead")[​IMG] .

Fashion is good, but there is a problem. When I try to use Vanity shop, I get an error (No such item "darkguardhead")[​IMG] .

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 11, 2018
  8. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

Please keep in mind that all posts have to be in english or at least provide an english translation as stated in our forum rules. I added a translation for you this time.
    Also you might want to be a bit more specific with your description. If it is a mod you are creating you might want to open your own topic. If it is a problem with a mod itself then post the issue in the respective mod discussion.

9. JohnSmith13345

JohnSmith13345 Void-Bound Voyager

Forgive me for bumping this dead thread, but I have a related question.

Does this also apply to vanilla JSON and Lua?