More news from your relatives

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Marco93, Jun 15, 2017.

1. Marco93

Marco93 Star Wrangler

Hello,

I hope this wasn't suggested before.
    In my game I am in my second year, I married Leah and we got a baby, who's growing up. In all of this time, I got no mail from my mother nor from Leah's parents.
    That's quite weird: They became grandparents and they don't care about their niece, or they don't care about knowing the guy their daughter married? (In the case of Leah, that could be a way to discover about her past)
    Also, why not giving us the chance to reply?
    I think that could be interesting.
    Thanks,

Marco

Focean likes this.
    • Odd Farmer

Odd Farmer Big Damn Hero

Personally, I support the idea of integrating the relatives of your character and those of your wife/ husband more. I got trouble with the idea of replying to letters, though. How is the game supposed to process what we reply? Typing in random garbage kind fo ruins the idea behind it.

In general, I so support ideas of more NPCs

• TheSilverSpade

TheSilverSpade Void-Bound Voyager

Well, I just thought so about how replying could work

So lets say the send you a letter, there may be a reply button, when you click it it pops up a screen with a sentance box, you can create a letter by choosing what you put in it. It gives you different responses so you could be rude, or nice, or such, and depending on what you selected, you may please or upset these people, making them either reply, visit or ignore. There is a set amount of choices to click until the letter is full, and what you choose for your first choice depends on what choices you get next, lets say you get 5 spaces for words

You get these choices, and it effects your choices this way, there should be a lot more, but this is an example

Thank you Papa for the cookies | Hey dad, those cookies were alright | Ugh, dad never send me cookies again
        They were great | They were nice | I love you I appreciate it | It was nice of you | You did better this time They taste like garbage | Mom makes them better | Do you hate me?

I could go on, but making coming up with stuff is not easy, basically, when you choose a mean one, you get rude choices to put in next, and the other way around. Every choice gives you points, since there is 5 phrases in total, you can score up to 25 points, 5 for the nice, 3 for ok/neutral 1 for mean

So the perfect nice would be Thanks Papa for the cookie, They were great. ect, The npc reacts according to the points scored

Thats just my thought

Focean likes this.
        • Odd Farmer

Odd Farmer Big Damn Hero

Not a bad idea, but I'm not sure if it'll happen. Sounds like a lot of work to make it work. I have no idea of programming, so I may be mistaken, though.

• Marco93

Marco93 Star Wrangler

Well, your idea is simply great, but I fear that it requires a lot of work; instead, I'd like a simple version where you can reply to emails the same way you interact with other people during dialogues.