More or less Milk?

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by SephGamer, May 27, 2017.

1. SephGamer

SephGamer Intergalactic Tourist

Hi there,

I absolutely adore Stardew Valley, but there's something that's been bugging me for a while now. I have a lovely little farm, some crops, couple of trusty animal buddies, and my gorgeous wife Abigail. All set for happiness you'd say....

However, lately I've been trying to cook some more recipes than I usually would have. And I found out that I needed milk for many of the recipes. "Well, no biggie" I thought as I walked to my chest full of lovely cows milk, grabbed me a handful of jugs and headed back to the kitchen. Alas, no go, as the recipes require 'Milk', while all I seem to have is 'Large Milk'. And that's my problem. Since I've had my cows for quite a while, I never get regular milk anymore, and now it feels as though I am being punished for having treated my animals as well as I could by not being able to complete some of the cooking recipes.

In my opinion, there shouldn't really be a difference between a Large Milk or a regular one when it comes to cooking recipes, so I'd be very happy and grateful if this could be changed in the near future. If for some reason you want to keep the difference there, perhaps it would be a solution to add a recipe to the game that allows you to break down a Large Milk into two regular ones for instance. And then perhaps make that a reward for befriending enough cows or something.

Anyway, I hope this gets taken into consideration. Thank you regardless for your effort and devotion creating this amazing game!

Kind regards,

Seph

MsMeiriona likes this.
    • LuthienNightwolf

LuthienNightwolf Oxygen Tank

I completely agree, this has frustrated me as well.

• Chris776

Chris776 Subatomic Cosmonaut

didnt know that large milk weren't the same type sa regular cow's milk.

• ishizu29

ishizu29 Subatomic Cosmonaut

made a post about this issue a few days ago, after i experienced the same problem.
          the thing is, that when it comes to eggs, thereĀ“s no issue with the size. so why is there one with milk?

• Eristae

Eristae Void-Bound Voyager

I really, really, really want this to happen; I want to go fishing for high level fish, and I just discovered that lobster bisque (the best fishing food) requires, you guessed it) small milk! And even though my cows are still relatively low hearted, they are sometimes giving out large milk, making it hard to save my small milk for this recipe.

EDIT: OMG, it seems that some recipes (such as omelet) will allow for any milk, but other recipes (such as lobster bisque) require small milk. Perhaps this is a clue that someday all recipes will allow all milk, or that it was originally meant to allow all milk?! Please, allow all milk in all recipes! I must be able to make more lobster bisque!

Last edited: Jul 13, 2017
              LuthienNightwolf likes this.
            • LuthienNightwolf

LuthienNightwolf Oxygen Tank

Yeah it really does need to be fixed, I'm having the same issue right now, needing small milk for cooking but my cow is just too darned happy.

• DagmarNA

DagmarNA Void-Bound Voyager

This is really frustrating. I don't understand the logic in orchestrating game design that literally punishes progression in this way and at this point I have to assume that it's intentional game design because ConcernedApe is well aware of this restriction on milk size for premium boosting foods like Lobster Bisque and has known about it for a long long time.

• Fuzzyman

Fuzzyman Scruffy Nerf-Herder

a simple crafting recipe of turning one large milk into 2 small milks would fix it

• Icewinde

Icewinde Space Spelunker

You can always sell a cow and buy a new one instead.
                    And ofc, keep those first milks from the young cow for cooking
                    I'm sure Marnie will take good care of your oldie!