1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED More Saplings For Starbound 1.2.2

EVERY tree in the game now drops 2 saplings or more, even the ones that never dropped a sapling

1. qualiyah

qualiyah Phantasmal Quasar

Oh, oops. Oh well, shouldn't be hard to find them in new places.

2. LazerRay

LazerRay Cosmic Narwhal

Or you could cut down and replant the trees, but that might take a lot of work.

3. Mooncalf99

Mooncalf99 Spaceman Spiff

Point of note: Geode trees (spiky green crystal trees found in Geode biomes) still don't give more than one sapling per tree. Since these are good for farming (they drop geodes), I'd very much like them to be covered in this mod, please.

4. KateisLost

KateisLost Cosmic Narwhal

Thanks for letting me know about that one! I'll get to work on it soon.

5. qualiyah

qualiyah Phantasmal Quasar

The leafless desert trees are currently not dropping any saplings. Attaching a picture of the ones I mean (the coloring is a bit weird since the sun was going down).

Attached Files:

Dragon_Tom005 likes this.
  6. Mooncalf99

Rust/Foundry biome trees (the ones that drop metal-coated wood) aren't dropping saplings either.

7. KateisLost

It seems CF added quite a few trees without foliage in the 1.0 update that I was not aware of. I was looking on volcanic worlds for a geode biome and ran across 3 or 4 trees with just a stem there. Needless to say I will have an update out to fix these leafless trees, it just might be a little while longer.

8. KateisLost

So I finally had some time to do a little testing and the Geode trees are working just fine for me. If it was a world you had already visited before you installed the mod then that might have been your problem.

9. Mooncalf99

Afraid not. It was a fresh new volcanic world, unsullied by my greedy presence. I harvested the geode trees... and each still only dropped one sapling each.

I also noticed something odd when cutting down those froze-planet trees that look like big ice spheres. Not every tree dropped saplings, but some did. Maybe they're two different trees, or something. (I really wish I understood the code better.)

10. KateisLost

Odd about the Geode trees, I can't think of a reason for them not to be working on your end. As for the big ice sphere trees, I think that has to do with some of them spawning "foliage" and others not. I should be able to fix that pretty easily.

Onward to more testing!!!!

11. Markelius

Markelius Space Kumquat

Hey there, I was just wondering if you were planning on making another update for 1.2.2 any time soon. A number of the trees, such as Ice Sphere and Rust/Metal Coated trees either don't spawn any saplings or only drop one. The seed crafting mod helped me duplicate a number of trees that were only dropping one sapling each, but having your mod working again would be a huge boon to quality of life.

Regardless of what your plans are right now, thanks a lot for the great mod!

12. KateisLost

KateisLost updated More Saplings with a new update entry:

Finally!

Read the rest of this update entry...

DarthTrethon likes this.
  13. KateisLost

Seems a poke was all I needed to get my butt in gear and make me finish and upload the update. A small issue was being caused by the very mod you reminded me of. The Sapling Maker mod has some sapling icons that overwrite a few of mine with blank images, mostly the kelp trees. I will try to contact the author of that mod and let them know about it, and hopefully we can get compatibility fix together.

14. Altered_Nova

Altered_Nova Big Damn Hero

Any chance you could upload this mod to the steam workshop?

15. KingMigi

KingMigi Space Hobo

EDIT: Nevermind, I'm slow and didn't assure my Furniture tab wasn't at max and couldn't see the Saplings on the ground. lol

Hi. I'm running Windows 10, Starbound on Steam. v1.2.2

If I understand correctly all I need to do is move the downloaded More Saplings.pak file to the directory and it should work, correct? There's no toggle anywhere or enabling manually installed mods I'm missing somewhere? Right now it definitely is not working. I am to understand every tree harvested should drop at least 2 saplings correct? If so, it's not active or is not working.

16. ContinuedAsh

ContinuedAsh Aquatic Astronaut

the trees can be seen in this picture from the the wiki.

17. ContinuedAsh

ContinuedAsh Aquatic Astronaut

18. KateisLost

I'll look into getting a fix out soonish

19. KateisLost

Well I have fixed the Rust trees, and while doing so found out the volcanic trees where also messed up, so I fixed them as well. Tried posting an update but the site hates me tonight, i'll try again in the morning/afternoon.

20. KateisLost

Dragon_Tom005 likes this.