1. Welcome to the Art + Literature sections! Some things to keep in mind:
    • It's a good idea to specify whether or not you're looking for critique from your fellow members. Please don't let friendly criticism turn into an all-out flame war.
    • Art and literature often deal with mature subjects. This is fine, but please keep in mind that we'd like to keep things PG-13. Don't let discussions get out of hand, and if they do, please alert a moderator.
    • If you've got a request, please use the [REQUEST] prefix!

Digital My attempt to satisfy myself. (Those are drawings ofc D:)

Discussion in 'Art' started by Meursing, Jan 14, 2016.

1. Meursing

Meursing Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I created this thread to share my few drawings, which I think is just better than the rest... Maybe the thread name sounds a little bit weird, but I work hard on my digital-artworks and I have no satisfaction after making them. So here goes the better pictures:
    Glitch - Kopia.jpg Starbound.png MUDAMUDA.jpg

I want to get better and I thought, if I keep my work to myself, I'll never get better, though I'd like to. TEACH ME!
    So yeah - I want to know your opinion, guys!

2. rhomboid

rhomboid 0118 999 881 99 9119 725... 3

\o/
    art! art improvement! woo! i think they look rly nice :B i never do backgrounds so anything with a background always looks sweet and complete. i hope you share more!

Alkanthe and Meursing like this.
  3. Meursing

... Wow. Thanks! I think I'll start taking small requests. It can be a very nice training for me and in the meantime I can also acquire experience and practise.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2016
    rhomboid likes this.
  4. Meursing

Fastdrawing.png
    I tried to draw really fast and above you can see the result of my experiment!

Lodish, Owl_Stalker and rhomboid like this.
  5. rhomboid

requests yassss
    lamine.png
    can you draw me lamine? ;u; she is a novakid with no brand, and a kitty tail and gnoma hat ;u;

also that speedsketch looks p good. i'm also trying to get faster but i usually give up long before that stage haha

6. Meursing

There you go!

request.png

7. rhomboid

so adorable eue

tytytyty!

Meursing likes this.
  8. Meursing

IGNORE PART BELOW
    \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/

Well. I think I've should been the thanking one. You gave me work. And if someone gives me a purpuse or a challenge in drawing I do my best to fulfill someone's expectations/beat the other competitors. Though I never take a part in a contests, because I think I'm not that good and artworks don't even satisfy me.

/\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\
    IGNORE PART ABOVE

I'm still taking requests!

Last edited: Jan 15, 2016
    rhomboid likes this.
  9. rhomboid

Kaiachi and Meursing like this.
  10. Meursing

rhomboid likes this.
  11. Kaiachi

Kaiachi Tiy's Beard

Whoa whoa hey there, this is an interesting style!
    Lineless but clear drawings always have a more three dimensional effect to them, and the basic shading helps! I definitely suggest a bit more gradient shading, and variance in hues, but goodness I love the textures to it!
    If I may make a request:

KaiaRedux.png

I'd like your rendition of my Novakid, Kaia!

Crossfang likes this.
  12. Crossfang

Crossfang Supernova

Nice art! And.. I like your spirit!
    Another new art style in the thread! [​IMG]

Alkanthe likes this.
  13. Meursing

Of course, I didn't ignore your request! I'm already on it! And I'm happy, that you gave me advice on which things I've should focus more. Thanks!

Thank you! I didn't know I created something that is sort of... unsual and it's nice!

Thank you all, once again!

Crossfang likes this.
  14. Owl_Stalker

Owl_Stalker Guest

Aye, another art thread?
    So far it looks pretty nice. I like this.

*returns to lurking*

15. Kaiachi

Kaiachi Tiy's Beard

Oh, I didn't think you had ignored it. :D Thank you very much for accepting it!
    Sure thing though, on that advice. Friendly but helpful critique can make a world of difference, sometimes. It did for me (I got better at wrinkles and coloring through critiques, but I've still got a way to go. :p)

Meursing likes this.
  16. Meursing

request2.png
    Here it is, Kaiachi!

Lodish, rhomboid and Owl_Stalker like this.
  17. Meursing

quickart.jpg
    My next quick artwork. I need requeests! >~<

rhomboid likes this.
  18. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

What's that stuff that she's in? And sure, how do you feel about drawing a frog person?

19. Meursing

I'm completely fine with that. If I don't try, I'm not going to make progress! Is that your request, Ms. Alkane?

rhomboid likes this.
  20. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

Indeedy! I was thinking something similar to the Frog race in Starbound. Or my avatar. Which is kind of the same thing, except for clothing.

rhomboid likes this.