New Collectables

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by AureusWolf, Apr 16, 2017.

?

Would you like to see this in the game

1. Yes!

100.0%
  2. Maybe

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Not really

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. NO!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. AureusWolf

AureusWolf Subatomic Cosmonaut

There’s a few new collectable items I’d like to see added to the game.

Bird feathers. We see birds in Stardew Valley all the time but we can’t do anything with them. I was thinking birds could drop feathers when taking off in flight after being scared away by the player. These could be donated to the museum in a new expansion to the exhibit. Please read my post here if you haven’t already. http://community.playstarbound.com/threads/museum-expansion.132157/

Town map pieces. I also had the idea of there being a giant overview-like map of Stardew Valley that has somehow been ripped to pieces and scattered all over. These can be found either digging or on the ground like a forageable item but can be blown away by wind so grab it as fast as you can.

Town photographs. Like with the map pieces and missing books, the photos have somehow ended up all over the valley. Photos from only about 10 years ago to up to 70 years ago of different events involving different villagers. These can be found by digging or can be found like forage items but like the map pieces can be blown away by the wind so grab them quickly.

I could think the photos could be intractable, you can click to examine them closely and see what's on it. You can either give them to Lewis to display at the community center “Town Events”, give them to the museum “Town History Events” or give them back to their proper owners.

One picture could be “George and Evelyn’s Wedding Day” ‘They both look very happy.’

An old black and white photo of young George wearing a tuxedo and young Evelyn in a beautiful white wedding gown, wearing a flower wreath on her head and holding a tulip bouquet. Both are grinning happily.

“Lewis as a Child” ‘It’s a picture of Lewis at about 5 years old.’

An old black and white photo of Lewis as a young child standing next to a woman’s legs, possibly his mother, holding a teddy bear and wearing overalls and a leather cap that’s far too big for his head.

“Kent Leaving for War.” ‘This picture is very heartbreaking’

A colored photo, maybe 7 years old. Jodi, younger Sam and newborn Vincent say goodbye to Kent who is wearing a military uniform and a beret. Jodi is very tearful in the picture.

“The Flower Dance” ‘Haley and Emily actually look happy together.’

A colored photo of younger Emily and Haley, both are dressed up in flower dance dresses and hugging each other.

Do you like these ideas? Do any of you have suggestions for new collectables to add to the game? Feedback is much appreciated.

• Surenu

Surenu The End of Time

I like the photos, especially if they could give us more background on the world, its history, the villagers and their history etc. More background is something I always want.^^

That would be interesting if completing that collection could result in different events depending on whom you give it to, kind of like a mini "JoJa contra Community Center" questline of sorts.