New Space content: The Asteroid Baron

Discussion in 'Side Quests' started by voiditect, Jul 10, 2017.

1. voiditect

voiditect Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Space is uneventful. Well, this will hopefully solve that.
    So it starts after you beat the Apex mission, and Dr. Akaggy found something interesting in the data that Lana brought back.
    Dr. Akaggy: "I found these co-ordinates for a mech manufacturing plant, but it's only shut down recently."
    So you get a mission and beam in to inspect it.
    Wow, this looks like a swarm of miners took a drill to anything potentially valuable.
    The gravity is nearly gone, and machines are threatening to kill you or push you into the void of space, and at the end, you find a mech with the Skulduggery body, Astro boosters, Basic legs, and twin drill arms trying to mine up the gravity pillar thing.

Mech Pilot: "Hey! aw man, I was JUST about to be promoted!"
    Mech Pilot: "wait, I got an idea.."
    Pilot: "If I kill you, I'll get promoted extra-hard!"
    Pilot: "For The Baron!"
    The pilot attacks in a boss fight. He has 3 attacks:
    Jump: he leaps and ground-pounds the center of the arena.
    Drill sweep: he walks around the arena and swipes with his drills when you get close.
    Drill charge: his drills sparkle before he rushes along the ground swinging his drills madly. He follows it up by doing in the air during the second phase.

at roughly half health, The Pilot gains new attacks, preceded by him yelling something as a tell.
    Drill Cannon: The pilot says "Catch this!" and launches both his drills as homing missiles. Then they teleport back onto his mech.
    Drill Drop: The pilot says "Here I come!" and leaps into the ceiling. particles drop around your character for a few seconds. There is a moment between when the particles stop tracking you and when the pilot drops down and does heavy damage.
    Shrapnel: The Pilot says "I bet ya can't dodge THIS!" and slams the wall, causing debris to fall down from the ceiling.
    That's all for now, more coming later!

Last edited: Jul 12, 2017