Story Night Sky - A Starbound Story - *Discontinued*

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by Zebe, Jul 13, 2014.

1. Zebe

Zebe Space Kumquat

[​IMG]

Night sky at Fanfiction.net (TBA)
    Shadows from the Abyss, the prequel

NOTE: This story has been discontinued and will no longer be updated.

=== === ===
    Successor of some sort to my previous Starbound story Shadows from the Abyss, I have decided to write Night Sky. Theme is and will be different from SftA, along with many, many other things. You don't need to read Shadows of the Abyss to read this, although I hope you would. :3

NOTE: There may be gore and violent imagery included in the story. I do my best not to overdo it and keep the descriptions vague most of the time.

As always, feedback, criticism, thoughts, and other silly comments are always appreciated.

Story post 1, Book 1: Freedom, Chapters 1 - 10
    http://community.playstarbound.com/threads/81817/#post-2119533

Story post 2, Book 1: Freedom, Chapters 11 - 19
    http://community.playstarbound.com/threads/81817/#post-2122572

Story post 3, Book 2: Conspiracy, Chapters 1 - 4
    http://community.playstarbound.com/threads/81817/#post-2129391

=== === ===
    Summaries

New reader, yearning to start reading the newest chapters? Old reader, coming back but forgotten what has happened? No worries! Here are Book/Act summaries for those who wish to have a look to the past.

Legend:
    Important fact
    Request Character*

[REDACTED]

=== === ===

Here are introductions for the main cast in alphabetical order. These are completely voluntary reading, if you prefer to learn about them via the story, don't read them.

Race - REDACTED
    Description - REDACTED

Race - REDACTED
    Description - REDACTED

Race - REDACTED
    Description - REDACTED

Race - REDACTED
    Description - REDACTED

Race - REDACTED
    Description - REDACTED

Race - REDACTED
    Description - REDACTED

=== === ===

=== === ===

Last edited: Oct 22, 2018
  2. Zebe

Zebe Space Kumquat

The Story 1
    === === ===
    Book 1

[REDACTED]

=== === ===

Last edited: Oct 17, 2018
  3. Presios Saiyan

Presios Saiyan Giant Laser Beams

My chareter Request is:
    Name: Hitaro Namashi (Hito)
    Race: Human (Why his name is japanese is because He's asian.)
    Appearance: He has blue eyes, Long Black hair, He wears his Trainee outfit for sword practice. In his back there were 2 swords that turns into scythes, guns, and staves.
    Personailty and traits: Neutrel good, Smart, And Avoids near death situations. He likes Human food and others: Dose made a lot of bugs in programing. Lives at the Delta sector at The Delta Erani B. Hated the floran but mostly he killed them for avenging most hytols then.
    Gear and Items: He has 2 swords that can turn into guns, scythes and staves.
    Additional wishes: I would love to see him in the story.

By the way I added more traits though. UPDATE: Even more coming right now!

Last edited: Jul 15, 2014
    Zebe likes this.
  4. Zebe

Zebe Space Kumquat

The Story 2
    === === ===
    Book 1

[REDACTED]

=== === ===

5. macodelo

macodelo Scruffy Nerf-Herder

My turn ;).

Name: Cotton Feather
    Race: Avian
    Appearance:
    download (4).jpg
    Personality and traits: A bit meticulous, cautious, flamboyant, and a bit cowardly. Although is learning to be more courageous, despite bad habits. Very thrifty, being a clothing merchant and fashionista himself. A gourmet with some culinary flare. Recently took up hunting and working out, but still is a bit scrawny by normal standards. Although, he can still run pretty well, especially when danger draws near.

Backstory:
    For most of his life, he has been degraded lesser than most Avians due to being different: atheist, effeminate, and cowardly. Because of this, at the young age of 15, he has been shunned by his family, and was forced to leave his village to avoid persecution from the Kluex. He stole a Kluex pastor's personal travel ship and made no almost hesitation to leave, and for a while kept to himself for fear of being mistreated for being "himself".

Because of this, he never bothered to make friends for fear of being mocked and abused. This has made him a loner, pessimist, coward, and even a unsuccessful suicidal case. However, he is drawn to fashion, and being raised by a farm/miner family, food has gained an aptitude for cuisine. To balance his bouts of loneliness, depression, and low self-esteem, he takes refuge designing clothes and cooking as his main trades. Plus, having a dislike for rigorous labor, it is no wonder he takes pride in cleanliness, opposite of what he had to endure in his years under his workaholic and traditional father: but he hated his high expectations of an "ideal" son the most.

For some time, having becoming a decent clothing merchant along the way since the age of 23, he was able to save up enough pixels to settle in his own private cottage on a forest planet in Beta Muliphein 254 III. For a time, it was good, and he thought he has finally escaped his past and his problems. But the universe is vast as it is unforgiving. It would turn out that the Miniknog had plans settling a secret research "medical" facility, and Cotton unfortunately was living not far from their site. With the Miniknog and their crude agenda, they decided to include him in their interracial experiments. The horror he suffered.

Despite all this, he has changed a bit thanks to his fateful meeting with an Apex rebel. It was because of him he had learned to see the good in people through comradery, having the confidence to not give a damn what others think of you, and the bravery to stand up for oneself in the face of danger. In the end, it would be at the cost of that Apex life that Cotton now finds refuge in another planet, in Alpha Malkut 3583 III, an abandoned post that the Apex once used.

Gear and items: An Apex Maul bearing the face of an angry Apex, his fallen friend's Apex rebel uniform, his friend's logbook/diary, a pen that is actually a teleport beacon to his ship, as well as his friend's ship, the common gear of a flashlight, food, etc, and a makeshift matter manipulator made from scratch from schematics found in his friend's old basement. For clothes, he wears an Avian style orange shirt and shorts, having similarities to these:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Additional wishes: Since I am going to be gone for almost half a year for reason that need not be said, it would be interesting to find that my character, no matter how minor, has partaken in a story of great success. I would be honored to have you use my character for WHATEVER you wish to use him for, as long as it doesn't entail him dying--I still intend on using him for extending my story. For that, I am open to whatever would wish him to end up in. This can be good because I can give my half of the story of how you use my character through his eyes, since you already know I use first person narrative.

Also, he has a power, that is unknown to him yet, but it has definitely regarding the experimental program he just has undergone. And in regards to that, with the whole Big Ape incident, I caution you in how you would approach that, but I suggest don't have it conflict with your story. So regarding the incident and the unknown power he has, it is perhaps wise not to include it if it may conflict with your story. Because as you said, I wouldn't want to OP him, and I don't, although, I have OP Beardleon, he is a character with flaws regardless with a lot of experience behind him, so it would make sense that he has some "OP" experience, but Cotton is different for he seems to be under Beardleon's shadow, and thus has big shoes to fill.

I hope to read your stuff soon, but where I am going for a half a year, I would not be able to even have internet. Look forward to reading your finished book. I hope Zach does not die, or any of your Main 6.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2014
    artbot345 and Zebe like this.
  6. macodelo

Just finished editing my entry @Zebe

Zebe likes this.
  7. Zebe

Zebe Space Kumquat

The Story 3
    === === ===
    Book 2

[REDACTED]

=== === ===

Ponamis, macodelo and Presios Saiyan like this.
  8. Zebe

Zebe Space Kumquat

Update! New chapter, Cuna, has been added to the Story –post!

artbot345 likes this.
  9. Zebe

Zebe Space Kumquat

Update! Part 1/3 of the next chapter, Under the Night Sky, has been added to the Story –post!

The next two parts will come soon, as I finish them. It's been hard writing that stuff, trying to keep myself focused. After the next 2 parts of that chapter are there, the first "introduction" arc is done, and the real story can begin!
    I've been drawing the protagonists, half of them done. Just traditional, scanned, no color. Will post later, gotta do editing work!

artbot345 likes this.
  10. macodelo

This may be the last reply I will make in the forums, but I am happy that you will include my character. Your story is flourishing! It had an interesting introduction, which adds much to dramatic irony, but the meet of the characters was an intriguing balance of personality types, but even more so a good team. It seemed expedited, but due to their situation it fits, and the return of what seems to be an aged and battle hardened Zach is awesome! I am going to live this when I get back. Perhaps by Christmas, which by the way Merry Christmas to you in advance, this arc will be done by then? And that I can't wait to get back into my own fanfic as well--I hope it doesn't necro and become deleted though.

Zebe likes this.
  11. Zebe

Zebe Space Kumquat

Whether or not you're still around, I'll answer this.

Your character will have place in the story, and I'm now 100% sure he'll be in the arc 2. I also loosely interpret your wording ("...use my character for WHATEVER you wish...") and think about if he'll briefly appear again, due to planned story progression. The arc 1 is certainly done by Christmas, the whole act 1 will be if nothing goes terribly wrong.
    And yes, frankly, I too think the story is a bit too expedited. I had various ways of telling the story I mind. I even thought I could depict Zach meeting the characters, one by one, for the first time. Then Zach and the character would share their stories in much same vein than now at the campfire. I scrapped that idea because it would've taken like 2 arcs worth of stuff. I wanted to set the things off quickly, and I wanted to keep the same structure (3 chapters in 1 arc) all the way.

And wherever you're going and for whatever reason, I wish good luck! Merry Christmas (and every other possible holidays that there might be during your absence from the forums)!
    The fanfic section threads are never deleted unless requested.

macodelo likes this.
  12. Zebe

Zebe Space Kumquat

Update! Part 2/3 of the chapter Under the Night Sky has been added to the Story –post!

artbot345 likes this.
  13. Zebe

Zebe Space Kumquat

Due to personal reasons I haven't been able to write, but there is now an image of Zach at the introductions. (Been done for long, but I forgot to upload it earlier! :p)
    Aya, Darius and Mercury under work currently!

;)

14. Shadestyle

Shadestyle Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Name: Psymund Seashot

Race: Hylotl

Appearance:
    [​IMG]

Personality and traits:
    - Genuinely uninterested in racial discrimination, for better or worse.
    -Shrewd with money, but not with property
    -Shady, and slightly snarky

Backstory:

Having no interest in the workings of politics, Psymund looked to the stars, wanting to provide something of value to the universe, he decided that guns were the most influential thing he could give, the great equalizer so to speak, and so his journey began,
    He became a smuggler not due to the quality of his weaponry provided, but the quantity, his journey's to abandoned asteroids and other such pieces of space junk, he amassed and re-purposed thousands of guns into feasably working order, before he began to sell and give these guns to anybody who asked, eventually, though his learned tenants of kindness, his gifts of free guns to customers lead to them coming back with far more money and favors they were willing to grant, he has since started a business of which he is the sole employee, "Ultracorp", Eventually, he used his wealth and scrap to build onto his ship, eventually dubbing it the SS "That Dirty Hooker Stole my Wallet", from which he sold and gave guns to all who needed it, from Rebels to Miniknog, Florans to Hylotl, he was a cool dude, even though he no longer gives out weapons -completely- for free.

Gear and items: Dual human made Uzis. A series of small vendor machines that teleport weaponry to them in return for pixels or mission completions. His ship is completely unarmed other than the large amount of sub-par guns that are in storage on board.

Additional wishes: He should only really play the role of a quest giver/salesman, possibly not even appearing in person, or onscreen at one of the many "Ultracorp" brand weapon/gadget vendors. with catchy lines about his products. which are usually exotic weaponry a-la-"ratchet and clank"
    . Basically, put him in the background when he isn't needed.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2014
    Captain Karo and Zebe like this.
  15. Zebe

Zebe Space Kumquat

The part 3/3 of the chapter Under the Night Sky has been added to the Story –post! Now as the first arc is done, the second will begin. It will be a lot different from this "introduction arc". I'll post a more detailed explanations and arc 1 thoughts tomorrow.

Feedback and other things related to arc 1, Stars in the sky, are appreciated! ;D

=== === ===

@Generalbrick
    @Shadestyle

I read your character requests. I already have ideas for them both! You may have to wait a while, but they will be included!

16. MysticMalevolence

MysticMalevolence Oxygen Tank

//Transmitting...
    Name: Professor Micheal Solare Jr.
    Race: Apex
    Appearance:
    Professor Micheal Solare Jr.png
    Personality and traits:

-Is pretty much completely insane
    -Paranoid
    -Doesn't like visitors; isolated
    -Refers to "his friends" often
    -Untrusting
    Backstory: MINIKNOG CLASSIFIED
    Ever heard of Dr. Micheal Solare Sr.? Well, you should have! He discovered Solarium, don'tchaknow! That's one of many stories Prof. Micheal S. Jr. likes to tell himself in his isolated cave-home-lab. He wasn't always a mad hermit scientist, though; he used to be a well-respected professor at the Big Institute of Genetics, Advancement, Psycology & Experimentation (B.I.G. A.P.E.). And you didn't hear this from me, but he was also involved in the MiniKnog. As a MiniKnog scientist, he was responsible for the discovery and outbreak of Ape Flu, designed to kill off the poor and unimportant of Apex society, effectively destroying the rebels. Unfortunately, not all went well with Prof. M. S. Jr. Two years after the first Ape Flu Outbreak (to which most of the Apex elite had the vaccination), a rival scientist by the name of Doctor Gregory Nanner accused Prof. Micheal of impregnating his wife. Despite having no apparent orientation, the accusation greatly affected Micheal's life. On top of that, the public was beginning to think that Ape Flu was the governments fault; that meant they would instantly suspect him. Knowing the MiniKnog would soon try to eliminate him and cover their tracks, he decided to leave. Conveniently, he had no loose ends to tie up before going: Dr. Nanner had been found dead, apparently stabbed to death by his wife who was oh so devastated over what her husband did to her lover. She had then proceeded to jump from their apartment balcony, stabbing herself with the knife in the process. The child was also dead, as the mother took it with her. So, Prof. Micheal packed up his equipment and decided to take a ship to an abandoned planet where he could continue his reasearch. As he left, wouldn't you know, some faulty lab equipment caused the second Ape Flu Outbreak. Conveniently, this prevented his ship's disappearance from being noticed until it was too late.
    Now, alone and isolated in his cave on X Chi Eri 527 Ia, he despises visitors. Especially other scientists. Not going to lie, some of his visitors were never seen again. He may or may not experiment on them. You shouldn't trust him, at all. And do not, under any circumstances, mention Dr. Nanner.
    Gear and items:
    He normally wears a chemical- and blood-stained lab coat. The blood is not his own. He also has a bonesaw and tranquilizer gun. And be careful of his supply of chemicals, one of them may contain Ape Flu...
    Additional wishes: I would prefer it if he betrayed the heroes in some way. If not that, make him die a long and horrible death after trying or suceeding in killing someone, anyone. They don't even need to be important.
    //End Transmission

...Was that... evil enough? Muahaha...

Zebe likes this.
  17. Zebe

Zebe Space Kumquat

[REDACTED]

macodelo and artbot345 like this.
  18. MysticMalevolence

MysticMalevolence Oxygen Tank

Great! I only really picked that planet because I had it's name and coordinates on a sticky-note, anyways :p...

Zebe likes this.
  19. Zebe

Zebe Space Kumquat

[REDACTED]

20. Starbug

Starbug Guest

Always enjoy the fan fiction. We are looking at the future of literature. A new generation of writers from the Internet generation.

Keep up the nice work!

Zebe likes this.