Notable character pages

Discussion in 'Wiki Discussion' started by Guest0241525, Jul 24, 2017.

1. Guest0241525

Guest0241525 Guest

With some characters appearing in more than one codex, you can no longer link to the single codex they appear in when mentioning them in other articles - and yet, many of said characters are still not be notable enough to deserve their own article.

Then, the next obvious solution would be to create pages that cover such characters, presumably categorized by their species. But how should such articles be named? It's somewhat tempting to just say "Avian Characters", for example, but... With how data-oriented the wiki has been so far, a page name like that would seem somewhat out of place. I wonder, would there be any better way to name it?

Additionally, should these pages also include characters that do get their own pages, such as Hiraki Corale, with a short summary and a link to their main articles, or should such pages be exclusive to minor characters?

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 24, 2017
  2. Katzeus

Katzeus Chucklefisherman Chucklefish

Hmmm, I think maybe a page formatted like 'Floran Characters' or 'Notable Floran' may be more appropriate than a page for each character. There aren't enough details to justify entire articles for most of these characters, but I agree - it'd be nice to have a place to expand on each one a bit.

What do you think? Also pinging @M_Sipher who has has been deep into organizing racial info the past couple weeks.

3. Guest0241525

Guest0241525 Guest

Well yeah, that's basically the idea, following up on what you said on the wiki earlier.

What should be noted is that "Notable Floran" or "Floran Characters" would also most likely include Nuru, despite her already having an article... Though I'm actually starting to warm up to that idea. I'd say "Floran Characters" format would be for the best, since the other option would lead to some confusion as to whether it should be "Notable Hylotl" or "Notable Hylotls".

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 24, 2017
  4. Katzeus

Katzeus Chucklefisherman Chucklefish

True.

And I agree, Nuru should definitely be there, prob with a brief summary and link to the main article. It would make sense for a page like that to include all characters, not just the minor ones.

5. M_Sipher

M_Sipher Oxygen Tank

I'm down. Yeah, drop the "notable", and replace those sections with a "See: _____ Characters" link on the Race pages.

And yeah, MOST of these characters would only need a short paragraph, and a link to where they "appear" (even if it's only one Codex). More important folks like Nuru and Esther and Hiraki should have a one-or-two-sentence deal then a "For more info see _____" link.