1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Ore Plants+ (RAM's version) v1.64

Converts stuff into seeds. Farm stuff!

1. greenRAM

greenRAM Giant Laser Beams

gagadoliano likes this.
  2. greenRAM

3. greenRAM

4. Riversand

Riversand Scruffy Nerf-Herder

From what I can gather, This will yield a net loss, no matter the crop yield, as each seed requires 20 ore, and the best you can get, at 10% is 16 ore from each single seed. At this point, the mod is a flop if that is true.

That is unless, the plant does not actually get uprooted by some chance, but if so, why is it not listed in the description? I think that would be a major feature to list.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2015
  5. Cheezemaniac

Cheezemaniac Pangalactic Porcupine

Exactly, seed drops have to be a thing. Or just persistent plants in any way.

6. Xacris

Xacris Pangalactic Porcupine

I know the very very similar mod that this one sites has persistent plants, I assume this one does as well. Comparing the two based on that assumption... I think this one is a bit more forgiving, as the other one requires pixels per seed, with the higher tier seeds costing thousands of pixels per seed in addition to 25 ore (with solarium costing 10k pixels per seed). The upside of that one is that they have a 10% chance to drop seeds, allowing it to become self sustaining without further crafting after a point.

I think I may try this one to compare the two when I get home.

Also, question for the mod maker: since you based this on previous mods, what are the growth times like when compared with the other currently available ore plant mod?

7. Jacen47

Jacen47 Void-Bound Voyager

The plants are persistent so there is no ore loss without seed drops.

8. Xacris

Another thing that I was wondering that you may not be able to answer, but did you use all of the same assets as the other ore plants mod? I ask this because I broke down all of my previous ore plants, stuck the seeds in a chest, deleted the other mod, installed yours and then launched the game, and I still have those seeds.

EDIT: Okay, yeah they seem to use the same assets. I had forgotten some ore plants from the previous mod, and they all had the drop rate of this mod after I uninstalled the other one and installed this one. Kept all of my seeds and they were plantable and whatnot.

My findings after comparing the two: this one is more generous. It costs less to make the seeds (5 less ore and only a 1000 pixel start-up cost, rather than thousands of pixels per seed), they produce more (the other one only ever gives one per harvest, with a small chance of producing another seed), and can be placed closer together. Haven't compared the growth times yet, but this one will allow your farms to snowball much faster than the other one, if that's what you're after. I think I'll stick with this one. The other one is... more balanced. But I don't particularly care about that.[DOUBLEPOST=1423444795][/DOUBLEPOST]okay, I came across a bug- uranium plants only drop uranium seeds.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2015
  9. greenRAM

KateisLost likes this.
  10. KateisLost

KateisLost Cosmic Narwhal

Liquid plants now too?:party: I knew you could do a much better job with this mod than I could! Thumbs up!:up::up::up:

11. greenRAM

lol My goal is to have the strangest farm the galaxy has ever seen.

12. KateisLost

Now that is an honorable goal.

13. greenRAM

14. KateisLost

Snowflakes!!!!!!!!! as a plant!!!!! you are now my favorite person ever!!!! So glad you took this mod and ran with it:kitten::kitten2:

15. JessHorserage

JessHorserage Void-Bound Voyager

Um as a request could you try and fix the uranium bug with it only dropping seeds. I'm at the durasteel tier and I would like to farm uranium like the other ores.

-JHR

EDIT: Thanks :D

Last edited: Feb 10, 2015
  16. Magnusito

Magnusito Subatomic Cosmonaut

What's the growing speed of the plants?

17. Riversand

Riversand Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Okay, I can further Confirm that it does indeed keep the existing plants. I would like the Mod Author to add this info to the Mod info. It would probably get more people to use the mod.

18. Caudyr

Caudyr Black Hole Surfer

On line 57 of the harvest.treasurepools.patch file (if you open it in Notepad++ that is), there's an issue (as was pointed out by others) with the Uranium Ore entry. Currently it reads:
    Code:
    {"op":"add","path":"/uraniumHarvest","value":[[0,{"pool":[{"weight":0.1,"item":"uraniumseed"}],"poolRounds":[[0.4,1],[0.3,2],[0.2,4],[0.1,16]]}]]},
    Instead it should read (I already confirmed that this is where the problem is, too :D):
    Code:
    {"op":"add","path":"/uraniumHarvest","value":[[0,{"pool":[{"weight":0.1,"item":"uraniumore"}],"poolRounds":[[0.4,1],[0.3,2],[0.2,4],[0.1,16]]}]]},
    Still, a pretty nice mod...though I think I would've kept the startup costs the same as the other one, personally. ^^

greenRAM likes this.
  19. Whitlinger Doodle Do

Whitlinger Doodle Do Pangalactic Porcupine

Any chance of adding tiers to the ores as well?

greenRAM likes this.
  20. Xacris

Love the idea for the liquid and snowflake/crystal plants. I feel like the liquid plants may have a bit too much variance, though. If you only have a couple of plants it may take quite awhile to get another 200 to make another seed, but if you get to about 10 plants then you tend to snowball like no one's business because of that 256 rare drop. Maybe up the minimum a bit or rework the cost/production?