Orion Shields - Defense is a One-Way Street

Discussion in 'Corporations Archive' started by JStheguy, Dec 11, 2013.

1. JStheguy

JStheguy Void-Bound Voyager

Orion Shields
    Defense is a One-Way Street(tm)
    Orion Shields is exactly what it says in them name, we specialize in the best shields this side of the universe (Disclaimer: May not be the best shields this side of the universe.)! However, we also manufacture all manners of knives and handguns.
    Corporation News:
    -12/10 Orion Shields is now live!
    -1/24 A trade agreement has been reached between Orion Shields and MinervaTech
    -11/15 Revolvers and handguns have been added to the product line.
    Product Line:
    Shields
    -Riot Shields: 700px
    -Collapsible Riot Shields: 900px
    -Ironsilver Alloy Light Shields: 600px
    -Collapsible Ironsilver Alloy Light Shields: 700px
    -Ironsilver Alloy Standard Shields: 700px
    -Ironsilver Alloy Heavy Shields: 800px
    -Platinum Light Shields: 800px
    -Collapsible Platinum Light Shields: 900px
    -Platinum Standard Shields: 1,010px
    -Platinum Heavy Shields: 1,300px
    -Durasteel Light Shields: 4,050px
    -Collapsible Durasteel Light Shields: 4,250px
    -Durasteel Standard Shields: 4,500px
    -Durasteel Heavy Shields: 5,050px
    -N-THVIST Shields: 4000px (Limited supply from external supplier, MinervaTech)
    Knives
    -Penknife: 200px
    -Hunting Knife: 300px
    -Ironsilver Alloy Dagger: 400px
    -Platinum Dagger: 800px
    -Durasteel Dagger: 1,300px
    Revolvers
    -Robin-5 Revolver: 600px
    -Sparrow-6 Revolver: 800px
    -Falcon-7 Revolver: 1,000px
    Handguns
    -Type-R Handgun: 700px
    -Mark 20 Handgun: 900px
    -Winter Falcon Hand Cannon: 1,2000px
    Transaction Log:

-12/12 Root Industries Order for 50 Standard Platinum Shields from Orion Shields for purpose of protecting explorers
    -1/15 "Kubastach" Order for 5 Heavy Durasteel Shields from Orion Shields for purpose of defending mining operations
    -1/24 Orion Shields Order for 20 N-THVIST Sheilds from MinervaTech for purpose of resale

Last edited: Nov 15, 2014
  2. FearPool

FearPool Poptop Tamer

Rhandome Nayme was alone in his ivory tower.

(At least, according to the Spook-nometer, which, although correct 400% of the time, The info it affords is open to interpretation... Amongst other strange things.)

He was brooding.
    (Or perhaps thinking. It's kinda hard to tell.)

What was apparent, was the the outraged surprise on his face when the Warp Hole appeared before him. Through the rift came a Dark, Misshapen figure clad in a neon green hazmat suit.

(Even we aren't sure why he/she wears the suit. But one can guess it's either because he/she needs to keep something out... or in.)

He/She was flanked by what appeared to be LASER CHEETAHS, so that Rhandome Nayme would be quite aware that the DBI meant SERIOUS business.

(In actual Truth, The DBI Takes the phrase "Waste not, want not to heart" and also has a tendancy to group their project together according to danger level )

The figure began speaking in a hash electronic tone.

The DunkelBlick Research Corporation wants to offer Orion Shieldsss the opportunity of an exissstance. It is the kind of offer that sssshouldn't be taken lightly.

The figure pauses. One could have heard ticking coming from him/her.

They simply want a shield. One that can block the end of a universe.

The figure starts making clicking sounds. One could have easily mistaken it for laughter.

Not this one of course. The DBI has discovered an old alternative reality. One in its deathrows, about to pop. The DBI simply want to preserve a bit of it for research, and for that to happen, they are going to need a shield. One strong enough to last 13 point 89 miliseconds. Surely your corporation can build a shield like that. You will of course be paid for the service...

The figure leans forward menacingly and says.

Just make sure to be discreet in doing so.

The figure vanishes back into the warp portal, as quick as he arrived. The Portal itself closes with a loud snap.

3. JStheguy

We are pretty sure Orion Shields, or any corporation for that matter, is capable of stopping the end of the universe. The logistics alone would be insane, the shield would need to be the size of Australia in order to actually protect something worth while, and there probably isn't an material that can withstand and stop the end of the universe anyways. Your order has been denied on the grounds of impossibility and we recommend that you seek mental help. (Also your warp portal and Laser Cheetahs damaged the faux-ivory exterior of our office building.)

4. Ehlek

Ehlek Subatomic Cosmonaut

Since Root Industries is constantly exploring new planets, and therefore our surface crews constantly experience hostile life forms, Us here are Root would like to order an industrial crate of 50 Platinum Standard Shields. There is no rush in our order, but we would very much like to receive it in a timely manner.
    What would an order like this cost?

5. JStheguy

Let's see, with the production cost of 1000px and 10px so we actually get some profit off of it per shield, it should cost you about 50,500px. This is all not counting shipping and handling, which will depend on your sector.

6. Ehlek

We are located within the Gamma sector, or at least our offices are, and we would prefer them delivered there.
    We can more than handle the costs.
    Our main office is located in the Venator Solar System, on planet Venator IV-N. A common sector-marker near this system is the resort planet, Alpha Dexter III-A.

7. JStheguy

Okay, Shipping to the Gamma Sector is 30px per item, so that adds a 1500px to your cost.

8. Ehlek

Once again, not a problem. I'm grateful for these items, and wish upon you good fortune.

9. Kubastach

Kubastach Industrial Terraformer

Hello, let's make it's short, i'm need five very durable shields capable to defend me and my workers while mining in Sector X, our main magazine is in alpha sector, second one is in gamma. Only thing that we need those shields as fast as possible. I can also manage to get materials for those shields if this will decrease price. Material isn't important as long as those shields will effectively protect my workers.

10. JStheguy

Okay, would Heavy Durasteel shields work? It's around 15 pounds, but is damn near unbreakable. Costs about 5050px per shield, though if you can provide us with the Durasteel (Around 200 bars for it all) we can cut it down to 1500px per shield.

11. Kubastach

good, actually it's all my reserve, so 200 durasteel and 7500 pix right?
    *gives credit card
    Truck with Durasteel will arrive tomorrow

Last edited: Jan 17, 2014
  12. JStheguy

Well, good doing buisness with you. We'll just load the shields onto the truck your sending the Durasteel in and send it back to you.

13. Kubastach

*Truck arrives with 200 durasteel
    Driver shout: Okay i'm here for those shields, and hurry, i'm need to deliver some other things

14. LeeJohn

LeeJohn Phantasmal Quasar

Would you be interested in Nano-tech high velocity impact shielding technology? Lately my company managed to decrease it's size so that it can be mounted into hand-held shields. It consumes very little energy, and is resistant to any currently known kind of projectile. What makes it better than it's counterparts is it's adjustability (You can set it up so it stops only high velocity projectiles such as bullets in sabots or low velocity object such as fist or even knife) and reliability. Along with power system it costs 4300px per piece (based on costs of materials and labor).

Last edited: Jan 21, 2014
  15. The_Nuker

The_Nuker Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Interdimensional Industries: Our crew can be replaced, your package not.
    Hello I'm representative of the President, of Interdimensional Industries. We offer you the best quality materials, for reduced prices (we're talking about 12,5% off). We can also make a deal, that we'll be delivering you materials for every order in exchange for a good percent (based on material cost) of your profit for the order. If you are interested in either of forementioned options, just PM me or post a replay.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2014
  16. JStheguy

Why yes, I am interested. Very interested, in fact.
    *Loads shields onto the Truck*

17. LeeJohn

So let's discuss the details. Shall we? Would you like to order some amount now, sign a contract, or maybe just add them to your products list and buy some amount each time you need it for an order? Contract would work pretty much like the former option (But you wouldn't need to send me a message each time you need to replenish your supplies).

18. JStheguy

You know what, a contract would work well, I just need to know the terms

19. LeeJohn

*MinervaTech representative arrives*
    Greetings. On behalf of the president of my company, i would like to deliver this contract, to be signed, after reading by a suitable person.
    *Opens his suitcase, takes out a tablet with contract on it, and hands it over*

MinervaTech
    The following contract estabilishes a trade route between MinervaTech and Orion Shields. It's object is Nano-technology high velocity impact shielding technology, hereafter known as "N-THVIST". The contract is valid and binding for 2 years from the sign date on and obligates both sides to:

§ MinervaTech to ship specified amount of N-THVIST in designated time of two days (the operation is seamless, doesn't need to be confirmed via PM or post, happens automatically)

§ Orion Shields to pay specified amount of money for the N-THVIST delivered (the operation is seamless, doesn't need to be confirmed via PM or post, happens automatically after the delivery)

§ MinervaTech to grant a discount of:
    - 9 pieces or less: 5% off
    - 10 - 14 pieces: 10% off
    - 15 - 19 pieces: 15% off
    - 20 and more: 20% off

§ MinervaTech to terminate the contract if both sides agree to do so.

Signed:

_________LeeJohn________
    (President of MinervaTech)

20. JStheguy

MinervaTech
    The following contract estabilishes a trade route between MinervaTech and Orion Shields. It's object is Nano-technology high velocity impact shielding technology, hereafter known as "N-THVIST". The contract is valid and binding for 2 years from the sign date on and obligates both sides to:

§ MinervaTech to ship specified amount of N-THVIST in designated time of two days (the operation is seamless, doesn't need to be confirmed via PM or post, happens automatically)

§ Orion Shields to pay specified amount of money for the N-THVIST delivered (the operation is seamless, doesn't need to be confirmed via PM or post, happens automatically after the delivery)

§ MinervaTech to grant a discount of:
    - 9 pieces or less: 5% off
    - 10 - 14 pieces: 10% off
    - 15 - 19 pieces: 15% off
    - 20 and more: 20% off

§ MinervaTech to terminate the contract if both sides agree to do so.

Signed:

_________LeeJohn________
    (President of MinervaTech)

_________JStheguy________
    (President of Orion Shields)​

Pleasure doing buisness with you, now how much would one of these shields cost?