Modding Help Peglaci Rebirth - Discussion

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by Gratuitous Lurking, Jul 11, 2016.

1. Ixantir

Ixantir Ketchup Robot

Yay Back on windows

2. Luthor614

Luthor614 Cosmic Narwhal

@Djinn & @Mackinz :
    Guys, what's on the to-do-list? I see you've got 3 folders listed in the repo for old assets, Peglaci & Peglaci-Rebirth...which one are you working out of? I helped out previously on the ship if you recall or not Djinn so maybe I can pick away at the update along with you guys :)

3. Luthor614

Luthor614 Cosmic Narwhal

Slowly working my way through the assets in the \Peglaci folder. Have melee weapons mostly done, still probably need some balancing and determine which ones to keep seeing as how's there's only 5 tiers now and an upgrade to 6. Not too sure about the Cestus though, currently applied to the fist code but not too sure about the aesthetics of it.

Have guns done up to Aesisalt tier currently... needs lots of testing though, was slapped together hastily and is going to need some intense balancing. Charge fire mechanics are still mostly in place, with a few exceptions, but haven't touched alt abilities... yet.

Took a break from that and am going through the objects currently to get the basics up to snuff.

See what happens when you get invested with the Community :)

4. Gratuitous Lurking

Gratuitous Lurking Space Kumquat

Oh shit, I totally forgot about this, sorry :<

I'll see what I can do/have left to do about the Queris logs I was working with, but glad to see someone was still working on updating the old code. Need help testing stuff out Luthor? Minus basically devolving into playing Ark constantly as of late I'd be willing to help out with some Starbound mod tests.

Luthor614 likes this.
  5. Luthor614

Luthor614 Cosmic Narwhal

I haven't completely updated my copy of the GitRepo - just working locally on my own laptop as I go but will be sure get it updated as soon as I can! It's going to need fine tuning but once I get a good chunk done I'll post here with a direct link to my forked copy of the Repo for testing/bug hunting :)

6. Luthor614

Luthor614 Cosmic Narwhal

Reaching out here people...need a proper way to integrate properties of "drain.lua" with "door.lua" to properly recreate the airlock object. It might as well be written in Chinese to me :(

7. Wartavian

Wartavian Pangalactic Porcupine

Has this thread died already? :/
    Checked the github file, no commits since 2016.

8. Luthor614

Luthor614 Cosmic Narwhal

MAJOR update in the works - I just haven't updated my repo yet. Once I do they're will be some thorough rounds of testing.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2017
  9. Luthor614

Luthor614 Cosmic Narwhal

Progress Report:

Holy crap! She boots up with no errors! Just need to run a bit more tests to avoid being inundated with "it doesn't work" messages :facepalm:

Got a few new objects to boot! @Djinn got the Cryodenser and Guncrafter up and running (knock on wood) as well as a few other items. Still a few things to do but should be worth the wait.

10. Luthor614

Luthor614 Cosmic Narwhal

So I keep getting this pop-up after making my character and now I'm stumped, not a clue where to look to begin troubleshooting, clearly it's the ship BUT I'm not entirely sure what I'm looking for...

upload_2017-4-24_0-11-55.png

Also, here's a copy of the log with pertinent information if anyone would would care to take a stab at it to point me in the right place to look :)

[00:21:55.024] [Error] UniverseServer: error during world create: (JsonException) Improper conversion to int from null
    [0] 7ff616b54403 Star::captureStack
    [1] 7ff616b5318e Star::StarException::StarException
    [2] 7ff616aed2da Star::JsonException::format<Star::String>
    [3] 7ff616afbcf1 Star::Json::toInt
    [4] 7ff617121fce Star::ContainerObject::ContainerObject
    [5] 7ff616dd7028 std::make_shared<Star::ContainerObject,std::shared_ptr<Star::ObjectConfig> & __ptr64,Star::Json const & __ptr64>
    [6] 7ff616ddb68d Star::ObjectDatabase::createObject
    [7] 7ff616ddb49a Star::ObjectDatabase::createForPlacement
    [8] 7ff6170aa58c Star::WorldServer::setCentralStructure
    [9] 7ff616fc4dbc <lambda_3012f1dc3c5bcc97b0caf59ebefaf107>::eek:perator()
    [10] 7ff616fb521f std::_Invoker_functor::_Call<<lambda_3012f1dc3c5bcc97b0caf59ebefaf107> & __ptr64>
    [11] 7ff616fbb2b6 std::invoke<<lambda_3012f1dc3c5bcc97b0caf59ebefaf107> & __ptr64>
    [12] 7ff616fb7719 std::_Invoke_ret<std::shared_ptr<Star::WorldServerThread>,<lambda_3012f1dc3c5bcc97b0caf59ebefaf107> & __ptr64>
    [13] 7ff616fca966 std::_Func_impl<<lambda_3012f1dc3c5bcc97b0caf59ebefaf107>,std::allocator<int>,std::shared_ptr<Star::WorldServerThread> >::_Do_call
    [14] 7ff617253787 std::_Func_class<Star::WidgetConstructResult,Star::String const & __ptr64,Star::Json const & __ptr64>::eek:perator()
    [15] 7ff616fc6fd2 <lambda_770d99c769b4950d94783c330804382d>::eek:perator()
    [16] 7ff616b4bc42 Star::WorkerPool::WorkerThread::run
    [17] 7ff616b50f2e Star::ThreadImpl::runThread
    [18] 7ffc2e838364 BaseThreadInitThunk
    [19] 7ffc2ebf70d1 RtlUserThreadStart
    [00:21:55.120] [Info] UniverseServer: Client 'Benj' <1> (local) disconnected for reason: Client ship world has errored
    [00:21:55.124] [Error] You were disconnected from the server for the following reason:
    Client ship world has errored

Here's a link to the Git: https://github.com/Luthor614/Peglaci-Rebirth

11. Luthor614

Luthor614 Cosmic Narwhal

Just bug hunting currently. Using the /peglacistarterbox to test out objects one at a time.

I know there's a few issues with firearms - will slowly be working through them to see what needs to be fixed, etc.

Still no idea what the issue is with the ship :-( and I'm hoping someone else can take the time to look it over and tell me what's up with it, hint hint hint.

All in all things are progressing along nicely, I think LOL.

12. Byzantine

Byzantine Phantasmal Quasar

With my limited knowledge of Starbound code, I think it has to do with line 1-2 in the error log, though I'm not sure what that relates at the moment. I'm not exactly an experienced modder, but Peglaci is my favourite race, so I'll see if I can't figure it out! Anything that means I can play my totally not space goats again.

Luthor614 likes this.
  13. Ixantir

Ixantir Ketchup Robot

Let me know if I can help, miss you guys a ton; asked elsewhere but: Do we have a discord channel?

14. projectmayhem

projectmayhem Spaceman Spiff

How are things going with the mod? Do you have an updated version of the files for downloading for people that want to help? I been updating outdated mod recently, so might as well help revive this one

15. Ixantir

Ixantir Ketchup Robot

I'd be interested in that for now
    as well would love to help with village building, and where one might find it. Additionally would be interesting to implement oceanic ruins/dungeon. its also been a while for me will have to re-orient to using non-steam mods alongside the others.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2017
  16. VultureOnAcid

VultureOnAcid Void-Bound Voyager

Hi, everyone! Currently stuck in the new ship and I have no idea how to boot up the computer system so I can't warp down to explore! Help please!

17. Byzantine

Byzantine Phantasmal Quasar

Ah-ha! Finally remembered my password.

If you haven't found the problem yet, Luthor, I'm convinced that it's something small, perhaps a misspelled file name somewhere?

Luthor did post a link to his branch of the GitHub. That's as good a place to start as any, if you want to help, I think.

18. Gratuitous Lurking

Gratuitous Lurking Space Kumquat

I admit, for starting this thread, I don't know much about the development, but I would hedge a guess that the Github version didn't get the 1.3 mech cinimatic yet, so that may be the issue for that.

...Bleh. Need to get off my ass and finish those old codexes and maybe see what I can do about description text. I can't sprite but I did decent with the racial attitudes previously :S

19. Ixantir

Ixantir Ketchup Robot

@Luthor614 I'll take a look and parse code, running the rebirth file. I've missed our ship for too long to resist. Do we have a discord? if not I can offer a private section in my own.

20. eksynn

eksynn Giant Laser Beams

nice! =D i'm so glad this is being updated and that i actually found out about it ^^ this used to be my favourite race mod back in beta xD

some questions for the knowledgeable:

1. where can we follow the progress?
    2. do we have a trello?
    3. what about discord?
    4. any plans on uploading it to steam?
    5. is the github link in the first page the same?
    6. can we get the first post updated with whatever info we have so far?
    i have zero experience with updating old mods or scripting in lua, and no idea how to use github xD but i'm a fairly decent lore writer and pixel artist if anyone need any of that.

all the work is much appreciated - good job everyone!

side note, i'm kinda used to playing as an avian now, so i was wondering... how could i play with all of the peglaci stuff AS an avian?

Last edited: Jun 29, 2017
    Ixantir likes this.