RELEASED 6/9/18 FULLY COMPLETED Pencilstab's Portraits (Character sprite edits available!)

Discussion in 'Portraits' started by pencilstab, Mar 24, 2016.

?

Who's next?

Poll closed Mar 31, 2016.
  1. Harvey

7 vote(s)
    9.5%
  2. Leah

19 vote(s)
    25.7%
  3. Sam

5 vote(s)
    6.8%
  4. Alex

12 vote(s)
    16.2%
  5. Haley

6 vote(s)
    8.1%
  6. Maru

5 vote(s)
    6.8%
  7. Sebastian

8 vote(s)
    10.8%
  8. Penny

12 vote(s)
    16.2%
  1. aemilia

aemilia Void-Bound Voyager

Your portraits are by far my favorite! one of the things that really got me interested in playing was seeing your portraits and as soon as I saw them I didnt give a second thought about buying the game like I did when I saw the original art (the vanilla art is good but I didn't consider any of the bachelors handsome except for Alex :c I'm kind of shallow when it comes to these kinds of games lol) after a while I've been looking at tons of other amazing portrait mods but imo nothing can beat yours! thanks for sharing and I was wondering if you were doing anything for Shane? like when he comes out as a marriage candidate? the first time I saw him with your mod I knew who I was marrying and asked my friend if he was a candidate and she said yes buuut unfortunately that wasn't the case... YET.

• pencilstab

pencilstab Pangalactic Porcupine

Awww, thank you so much! And don't worry, I definitely get how you feel, haha... I bought SDV after I saw some portrait mods that fixed some of the bachelors, but normally I don't even give a second glance to an otome if they don't have at least one guy I find fine af!

I will definitely update whenever Shane is updated with Marriage Candidacy! Same with Emily, given i bet she's going to be the female MC added~

• KittyCas

KittyCas Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I absolutely LOVE these portraits! I can't wait to play with this mod ^.^ Also, will you be doing any portraits & sprites for Sandy & The Governor?

• pencilstab

Yup! I just need some time to kick back for a bit, haha, but I definitely plan on doing ALL of the characters in SDV!

Valkjosandi and Colleen95 like this.
          • KittyCas

KittyCas Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Great! :) Can't wait for the rest but take your time. Your art style is so perfect!

• sheetcakeghost

sheetcakeghost Weight of the Sky

It's me again! I made more sprites. Penny with a bun and Sam with reasonable hair. (I actually stole Sam's new hair from your extended hair mod, btw.)

Attached Files:

• pencilstab

Gasp! I can't wait to try these in game, haha :D I will definitely check these out when I get home and update the first post with more examples ;) Ahh, I can't wait~!

• sheetcakeghost

Ack! So it turns out I didn't save the haircut png of Sam before packing so his sprite didn't change at all! Anyway I fixed that as well as made a quick edit of a ponytailed Robin while I was at it.

EDIT: My original ponytailed Robin was cruddy so I made a new version and replaced the attachment. d: She keeps her hair in a bun while doing construction because it's safer and not at all due to me being unable to make a ponytail bounce on the current sprite sheet...

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 14, 2016
                    HiHaHi123 and pencilstab like this.
                  • sheetcakeghost

♫Short haired wizard and the rest, I think that has me dooooone.♪

Attached Files:

HiHaHi123 and pencilstab like this.
                    • sheetcakeghost

I botched it with Robin! One of her animations suddenly has the ponytail in it when it shouldn't. Woops! I fixed it.

Attached Files:

HiHaHi123 likes this.
                      • pencilstab

Thanks so much for doing these edits! I definitely wouldn't have enough patience to, and they look absolutely fantastic!

Updated first post with all of the sprites + pictures of them in game :)

sheetcakeghost likes this.
                        • sheetcakeghost

You're welcome, though I really don't mind it. I would have been doing it for myself anyway since I usually like having the portraits matching the sprites (I've even hacked into RPG maker games just to fix this!) and with the unpacker the modding community made it's super easy to do for Stardew.

Can I also just say your portrait of Morris makes me want to make him a yandereish marraige candidate. Hue hue hue~

Cache likes this.
                          • aemilia

aemilia Void-Bound Voyager

Yay! thank you so much for your hard work. I really appreciate it and am really looking forward to it :) haha yes yes same here! sometimes I feel like I'm too picky but I just cant play a game (ESPECIALLY otomes) if the art isn't my taste but you fixed that for me~

• wafflerie

wafflerie Void-Bound Voyager

This is my absolute favorite portraits mod (complete with sprites too!) because of the way you color the characters. It's discouraging when artists aren't imaginative with drawing and shading brown/dark skin. You, however, did a phenomenal job. Hurray!

Question/Request: would you mind making a different (older-looking) Sebastian? He looks a lot like a young teenager to me compared to the other marriage candidates. It's not bad at all, it's just jarring when I try to woo him. :x

If you are unable or don't want to that's perfectly fine as well.
                              Again, thanks for this lovely mod!

xxxmariixxx and Radhra like this.
                              • pencilstab

Awww! Thank you so much :D I really appreciate that~ I get that feeling too, especially whenever artists end up white washing the character for whatever reason.

Definitely can do! Sebastian's portrait, along with Sam's, are some of the first I've done, and their portraits don't really seem to mesh with the rest of them, so I will probably end up redoing both of them again (especially Sam's). As soon as I finish up with next week, I will be off school for a bit and will probably resume working on my mods :)

• sheetcakeghost

So it turns out the happy dancing Marnie sprite used at your wedding is on the cursor.xnb sheet. So if you want ginger Marnie at your wedding you'd need to edit that.

I have it edited in my game, but I also have other edits on that sheet like a gray cursor, the queen of sauce as a junimo, and the dig spot that looks like the digging x from Animal Crossing.

Here's a png of the edit tho for copy paste convenience.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 26, 2016
                                    Cache and Shellark like this.
                                  • pencilstab

Hi everyone, I just wanted to update you guys on my status on this mod!

There are 10 villagers I haven't done yet, and a good chunk of them only have one portrait that needs to be drawn! I'm going to get started on finishing this mod and then I might be going and redoing some of the LIs AGAIN because some people have been kind of cruel about my interpretations of them... But yeah.

Anyway, not sure when I will pick up the motivation to finish, but it should be pretty soon! So keep an eye out for this mod if anyone here is still interested in it ;D

Cache, Skvisa, dawid.sedlak and 2 others like this.
                                    • Landwalker

Landwalker Pangalactic Porcupine

Yay! Very excited about this.

Wait, what? The Singles' portraits are awesome. I feel like I missed something.

Cache likes this.
                                      • Skvisa

Skvisa Space Spelunker

Looking forward to it! These have been my favorite portraits but not having certain people (such as Sandy) was always a bit weird.

spiritslive99 likes this.
                                        • wafflerie

wafflerie Void-Bound Voyager

I'm so sorry if I came off as cruel with my request. I really love your artwork ;_;

STILL MY FAVORITE PORTRAITS MOD.

Crimsonwingedbird likes this.