1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Penguin Piracy (SUSPENDED DEVELOPMENT) V11.2.1

Pirates! Plunderers! Penguins! This mod adds penguin affiliated content, and much more!

1. ManicRykker

ManicRykker Phantasmal Quasar

You can if you want. You should find them in place of the player teleport spritesheets in /animations/teleport (there's other generic animations too if you want to grab those.)

2. ManicRykker

That does remind me though:

As some of you may have noticed, I have changed the mod's permissions not too long ago. I have always been fairly transparent with my mod work, but I have required permission up until recently (in terms of the mod's permissions on the front page) until I felt it was stable enough... Well that time was a few days ago. Rofl

So here's what this means for you:

-Without my consent, you may make your own addons and patch mods for Penguin Piracy. You may add additional accessories, make your own penguin types, whatever you want! If a big mod is conflicting/incompatible with Penguin Piracy, and you know what the issue is, you may release a patch mod that fixes it if I haven't already. (preferably without compromising content please.. >_<)

-See something in my assets that I made, that you want to work off of for something? Be my guest. HOWEVER, pay attention to my mod's credits. If you're doing something for personal use, that's fine. But if you plan on uploading whatever you do, keep other mod authors in mind. I may be transparent with my assets, but you may have to ask another user or mod author for permission if something in my mod uses a script or something made by someone else.

jonathonspy likes this.
  3. jonathonspy

jonathonspy Existential Complex

Neat!
    ...don't know how to mod, but still...all those ideas...

...speaking of ideas, any idea if its possible to give the penguins an eating animation and emotes?

4. ManicRykker

In all honesty, I"m not entirely sure what their emotes would be like... their emote sheet is blank in vanilla. I also don't know if they would translate well in some frames. (Like during the swimming animations)

5. jonathonspy

well, we know what one of them would be at least
    [​IMG]

still, the eating animation wouldnt be that hard, right?

6. ManicRykker

ManicRykker updated Penguin Piracy with a new update entry:

PenguinPiracy V10.1 - The Blue Penguin Update

Read the rest of this update entry...

7. ManicRykker

Hey guys! Time for a bit of a status update. I wanted to give a bit of a roadmap for some things I'm planning.

Penguin Piracy V10.2

The next update is going to be fairly small. It's mostly going to contain a couple of tweaks, a bugfix, as well as a few new little things
    I've been working on. I wanted to get it's fixes and what not out sooner rather than later.

Penguin Piracy V11

With Penguin Piracy V11, I'm going to start working on a new feature.

It's going to be penguin race exclusive, and tie in some parts of the penguin lore that have been fairly implied, but intangible.

I can't really say when V11 would be finished (It's nothing too extravagant.. It'll use stuff I'm familiar with. ).. but I have plans.

Anyway, that's pretty much what I wanted to get out there. See you guys later.

jonathonspy likes this.
  8. Guru-Jr

Guru-Jr Space Hobo

Question, what's the crystal item Id that's dropped by Dreadwing the second time you fight him? Because I sold it thinking you can redo the bossfight.

9. jonathonspy

i thought you can craft/buy it afterwards?

10. Guru-Jr

Guru-Jr Space Hobo

Yep just saw that you can buy it from the penguin king, my mistake. But I suggest making the Dreadwing V2 a bit easier as he is was way to hard, plus a bit buggy. I had him going underground and me having to dig him up to fight him or him just going extremely high in the sky. He even despawned a few times I think, that or he was just really well hidden so I had to spawn in more beacons. Finally killed him but I once had three of them on my tail cause two hidden previous ones were uncovered when I was fighting the new one. Btw I was wearing the Aegisalt path highest tier armour and had very good weapons and healing.

11. ManicRykker

The Dreadwing UFO Rematch is designed to be cheese-resistant. He floats in front of tiles and what not to keep from potentially getting stuck (especially on spawn, in case the player tries to spawn him inside a mountain/tiles), and is persistent. (You'll find that even if you lose em, you'll still find em again. Just go to the last area where you saw em.)

I intended for the player to do some terraforming and modifications to the area before spawning him in. (It's what's suggested in the codex too.)

Since the lore and identity around that particular "Dreadwing" has been changed, I might implement a way to be able to craft new beacons/rechallenge the boss after the Penguin King Questline's finished by the player!

jonathonspy likes this.
  12. ManicRykker

To add, it's also supposed to be a bulkier version of the previous boss. Dreadwing's taken the previous encounter in account when sending this UFO out. You'll actually notice that it's not only stronger, uses all of it's strong attacks from the start. (Not to mention no longer slams into the ground like a doof.. rofl)

13. jonathonspy

he's a clone or android, isnt he?
    and would this mean you could have multiple dreadwing crewmates?

14. Guru-Jr

Guru-Jr Space Hobo

Yeah I see that, I just have a problem with two of his attacks. The one where he runs into you as it's an instant kill and when he fires the lasers on to the ground which is also an instant kill. But I do love the gun he drops as it is so much fun to use, also question what does the crystal he drops actually do?

15. ManicRykker

Yeah it's pretty difficult to hit that sweetspot level wise...

If it goes too low it'll just be at the same level as the normal Dreadwing (And with the gear players have by the point the rematch would be challenged, it would melt like butter)

Pretty sure the crystal's used in a crafting recipe.

and yep, it does mean that Jon. If players want they will be able to rematch the ufo as many times as they want. (getting the dreadbot at the end each time)

The rechallenging will be handled by a different object though.

jonathonspy likes this.
  16. Guru-Jr

Guru-Jr Space Hobo

A suggestion I have is that the Gourmet Penguin should have a special quest line where you have to cook special exotic foods for him to eat and that after you make him the food he gives you a reward. You could make it a quest line or a randomly generated quest each time so it gives you something todo even after you have finished the penguin king quest line and he could give you some exclusive things rarely and just useful stuff in general. Also must say your sprites are very good, I havent seen such good Starbound sprites that fit so well, I hope to be a good as spriter as you some day.

17. ManicRykker

Well, many of the sprites I use are either tweaks of existing ones, or custom (there's a couple, but not many) I still attribute many of the sprites to Chucklefish (which are mostly what I use)

Many of the sprites tweaked for use in the mod are

-From the game assets
    -Really old/obscure dev blogs from the game's early days that featured stuff penguin related
    -The logos of the old forum theme.

As I said there are customs ones in there (like the dart board)

But I'd say the tweaking and what not is what makes the stuff mesh so well with vanilla I suppose

On another note, I have wanted to give Gourmand some sort of quests.. I just haven't thought of a good niche for ones from him yet.

jonathonspy likes this.
  18. Guru-Jr

Guru-Jr Space Hobo

Btw do you have a discord server for this mod? I would be really interested in helping also if you need any. Can you also make penguin furnishings sell blue vending machines for the Penguin Infinity Express? Would help a lot in time saving. Also how many penguin plushest are there? Also I suggest adding figurines for dead wings scouts/minions as they would be hella fun to collect. Here's another suggestion, what about a Penguin collector that you can give figurines and plushies for special rewards?

19. ManicRykker

It sure does, hasn't gotten much activity though.. if at all. :rofl:

No one really bothered to join it. (Here's an invite if you're interested. https://discord.gg/EQ5GrVA )

As for the other stuff:

Good idea on the vending machines.
    There's quite a few plushies, almost one for every unique penguin.
    Figurines are doable I'd bet, but I'd have too look into it I guess. That'd require some custom ones
    As for the last one... maybe? Then again they'd be collectables so I don't really know :rofl:

jonathonspy likes this.
  20. Guru-Jr

Guru-Jr Space Hobo

Capture.PNG
    Please make these mini/gnome buildings and such craft-able or purchasable as they look so adorable for the penguins and are the right size. Also thanks for answering my question and taking a few of my suggestions in account. :D