Penguin Weapon Shop closed

Discussion in 'Starbound FAQs, Q&A, and General Help' started by Preday, Jun 10, 2017.

1. Preday

Preday Starship Captain

I finished the main quest and all the side-quests that were there before the Spacefarer update. And now the Penguin's Weapons Shop is closed.

I'm not sure if this was caused by the update or if it was something I did. I only installed very few mods and I removed them after the update caused them to slow the game down a lot.

I may have reset the universe at one point for a second character that I had, but I'm not sure. Is there a way to check or to restore the penguin shop to the "open" state?

2. Shippo

Shippo Existential Complex

This is happening to me too. The weapon shop was open until the game updated. It's closed now.

I'm not using any mods.

3. Shippo

4. Preday

Preday Starship Captain

I'd also like to know

Shippo likes this.
  5. Shippo

Anyone have some answers?
    ...please? :catconfused:

6. D.M.G.

D.M.G. Master Astronaut

Shippo likes this.
  7. Starbounder82

Starbounder82 Space Spelunker

Have any of you tried completing the mech quests for Dr. Akaggy (or however you spell it), at some point he asks you to take on the Shockhopper, you beat that, and it opens up the Penguin Weapon shop again. Although.. why you'd need/want to open the shop is sort of weird, seeing as how you can't just buy the weaponry.

8. Shippo

I used this in admin mode
    /startquest '"penguin2"'
    Disabled admin mode and fought the boss...
    The shop is now open!