1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Perennial Crops 1.7 for Starbound 1.0+

Avoid the annoying chore of replanting your crops, keeping the annoying chore of watering them!

1. darkmega

darkmega Phantasmal Quasar

roger that. and sorry for bothering you. but I think that .pak thing happened a little while ago more than that. since I had people using .paks since earlier this week i'm pretty sure. :<

2. NeoVanAlemania

NeoVanAlemania Space Kumquat

3. Silent Strider

Silent Strider Pangalactic Porcupine

Not sure if this falls into the scope of this mod, but maybe you would want to make wild plants not consume moisture (i.e., add "consumeSoilMoisture": false to them).

Right now, having wild crops as perennial isn't exactly helpful because with a few exceptions (such as the normally unobtainable flowers and mushrooms) even the wild version of crops need irrigated, tiled soil to grow; as they don't spawn on irrigated soil, that means wild plants will never get to regrow after being harvested once, even if they are perennial.

4. Toyi85

Toyi85 Phantasmal Quasar

First of all, sorry if I was rude last night, I was tired and frustrated, the last minute change to the pak system really rustled my jimmies.

No problem friend, the pak thing started last sunday on nighties as far as I could gather from the forum, the point is, the devs decided to break the system twice in an unstable release instead of waiting to set the new system in the first place, besides, I have never played nighties so didn't have a way to know... not cool, to say the least.

Thanks for the confirmation! I will be on vacations next Wednesday so I may give a try to the full game then. I saw the new manager and already did the change to the _metadata file, but will hold it to see how it fares after the release first , do you know how to set the url for the "open mod homepage" thing? I tried with "url" = "myurl.com" but it didn't work...
    The update title came from my heart, really! :D

It is indeed outside the scope of the mod, but it is also a disadvantage to the system it established. I will give it a readin' to the code and see what I can do.

5. darkmega

darkmega Phantasmal Quasar

Thats quite alright. Shit happens, and yeah, even for the mod users it can be a pain in unstable cause the more you use the more things you gotta pay attention to when they update and get new versions. and it was indeed a good update name. Gave me a good chuckle thats for sure. xD

6. NeoVanAlemania

NeoVanAlemania Space Kumquat

Nope, I can't get it to work right now. We have to wait I think. :)

7. LuckyRare

LuckyRare Phantasmal Quasar

Will this mod be available on steam workshop? It's really great.

8. Toyi85

Toyi85 Phantasmal Quasar

Toyi85 updated Perennial Crops with a new update entry:

Starbound Release version + Steam workshop

Read the rest of this update entry...
    --- Post updated ---
    Ready pal, go and grab it while is hot! http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=730378641
    --- Post updated ---
    Found out the magic word is "link" : "yoururl.com"

Zalexard likes this.
  9. Toyi85

Toyi85 Phantasmal Quasar

Perennial wild crops fixed!

--- Post updated ---
    To Frackin' Universe users interested in Perennial Crops compatibility:

Sayter granted me permission to add perennial compatibility to Frackin' Universe and in fact, the mod (Perennial Crops FU Edition) is already done.

The thing is... I have never played FU before, and while I plan to do it in the future, it would take a fair amount of time from my part to set everything in order and check that the mod is working as intended (besides I'm still in my first playthrough checking the new things ChuckleFish added to 1.0) .

So the compatibility mod is theorically ready, but remains untested.

Here is where I want to ask your for help. If you have the time and are willing, you just need to beta test that the FU crops are really perennial and that the wild plants regrow without watering them; and report any bug you find or confirm everything is working as intended.

Installing and removing the mod should not have any negative impact in your savefiles (backup anyway!) . The new version includes the base changes of Perennial Crops, so you don't need it (but there will be no problem if you leave it installed either), but Frackin' Universe is a hard dependency (for obvious reasons).

I will take up to five testers for the beta version, if anyone wants to participate, post in the steam comment section saying you are interested and I will send you a friend's invitation to give you access to the mod. For now it is Steam Workshop only, once verified I will upload it here in starbound forums as well.

Thanks in advance!

10. Toyi85

Toyi85 Phantasmal Quasar

Mushroom and flowers support

11. Toyi85

Toyi85 Phantasmal Quasar

12. MelOzone

MelOzone Big Damn Hero

How about Thorny plants? :)

13. Toyi85

Toyi85 Phantasmal Quasar

They were patched in v. 1.5

MelOzone likes this.
  14. MelOzone

MelOzone Big Damn Hero

Still not plantable though?
    I know it's not the point of this mod.

15. Toyi85

Toyi85 Phantasmal Quasar

No, that's outside the scope of Perennial Crops. If you want some plantable capabilities, I recommend you Plantable Flowers (for red, blue and yellow flowers) and Craftable Seeds (for mushrooms and thornys, plus some trees and an easier way to kickstart your farming operation), the links are in the description.

MelOzone likes this.
  16. Toyi85

Toyi85 Phantasmal Quasar

Fixes, code optimizing & Craftable Seeds full support

17. amirmiked12

amirmiked12 Parsec Taste Tester

Can u add mfm support cause this mod adds lots of cool fruits and seed?

18. Toyi85

Toyi85 Phantasmal Quasar

Tomorroy is my day of rest, I will see what I can do

19. pristo2007

pristo2007 Void-Bound Voyager

It's not working for me, for some reason or am I doing something wrong :nuruconfused: