1. If you need help with your pre-order or technical support for Starbound, please use the support forum instead. Do not post Starbound-related things here.

Please remove poll from mod discussion thread

Discussion in 'General Forum Help' started by Nemasys, Jun 13, 2017.

1. Nemasys

Nemasys Cosmic Narwhal

Hi. Would it be possible to get a poll removed from the discussion thread of my mod, please?

The Orcana

The poll has been closed and completely irrelevant for quite some time, but I apparently don't have the ability to remove it myself. It also interferes somehow with update posts being automatically added to the thread when I update the mod.

2. Nexus Of Chaos

Nexus Of Chaos Parsec Taste Tester

the update posts are meant to make it easier, and can't really be stopped without stopping it for every1. the poll should b simple to take care of for staff

3. Nemasys

Nemasys Cosmic Narwhal

I want the update post to happen. Currently they do not. It was discovered a while back to be a conflict with polls in discussion threads. I'm hoping that by removing the poll the issue will be resolved.

4. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

Sure, no problem.

5. Nemasys

Nemasys Cosmic Narwhal

Thank you! Now hopefully when I update later tonight the auto-post will work. I'll let you know.

I just updated my mod, and unfortunately the auto post still did not work. Evidently whatever the poll did to my discussion thread is persisting even after the poll's removal. It's been a couple of years now, but @OmnipotentEntity corrected this issue once before. I believe when the forums went through an update/upgrade it broke again. Might it be possible to implement whatever fix was put in place again?

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 14, 2017