Question re: New Game++ Mode

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Durandal00, Oct 30, 2014.

1. Durandal00

Durandal00 Void-Bound Voyager

First off, I must say, excellent game guys! I beat the entire game and unlocked every single achievement a few weeks ago, but now I am doing a second playthrough on New Game++ Mode and it is quite difficult and a good challenge. :notworthy:

I am on the mission where you have to save Schaffer and I have not used one stimpack yet (I have about 10 stored away until I get a few more characters so I can decide how I want to develop everyone...see attached screens). It is also a good challenge to see how far you can make it without any boosts by creatively using the environment.

I wanted to ask the development team that aside form the enhanced difficulty, which I can definitely feel, what are the additional rewards the player gets in New Game++? Do you get access to higher level guns and armor earlier on?

I noticed that you get the Tank Suit MK-II quicker than in the normal game but is that random or is every object placed by hand? I would just like to know more of the "Rewards" players get when playing New Game++ (or at least a teaser of what we can expect for enduring this challenge) Thanks so much! :up:

Attached Files:

• Seminus

Seminus Halfway Developer Developer

Hey the items are hand placed but with a set of randomness but that is also handset what the result can be.
      The game mode + has some additional items and some that are there earlier on. Also there are some additional stims and enemies give more energy for the store.

In the end the GM+ is for everyone that seeks a really big challenge as the main reason. :)

I hope you like it, I had a hard time to finish it myself when I made it. :D

• Durandal00

Durandal00 Void-Bound Voyager

Thanks for your reply Seminus. I really love this game and hope that it continues to improve and develop with new content, enemies, features and improvements. The pixel art is awesome. This can be an amazing franchise!! Keep up the great work.

ScorpyX likes this.
        • SobeR

SobeR Orbital Explorer

Hi, just starting this great game and I have one question: Does regular game have any randomness or only this "mode" you are mentioning above?
          Thanks.

• Seminus

Seminus Halfway Developer Developer

@SobeR The regular game too has random loot and items yes.