Quick Questions

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Charity322, Mar 28, 2017.

1. Charity322

Charity322 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Is it possible to age wine in a shed or do you have to have the cellar? I don't want to upgrade my house past the first upgrade.

• Jerev

Jerev Pangalactic Porcupine

The blueprint for cask is unlocked by building the cellar and they can only be placed in said cellar. Sorry you can't build an aging shed. It would be neat if it was possible.

• Charity322

Crystalariums. Once you put a gem in does it just keep cloning that gem forever and you need a second crystalarium if you want to copy a different gem?

• Jerev

It continues copying until you plant another gem into the machine. You will hear a sound that aknowledges the new gem but you won't get your first gem back.
          So if you put a diamond in and harvest it after a couple of days, only to directly plant a ruby into the machine, you will just have gotten your initial diamond back.

• ellindsey

ellindsey Space Spelunker

You also lose the original gem if you move the crystalarium, which resets it back to its original state.

• Jerev

@Charity322 could you rename the thread to something like "quick questions quick answers"? I think that "stupid questions" does a disservice to people who just want a simple answer to their questions.

blind3rdeye and Borodin like this.
              • Charity322

Heh, I felt that my first question was rather stupid. :rofl: I'll change it. Also thanks for all the help everyone. Everyone has been really helpful!

• Jerev

There are no stupid questions only those which could be answered with wiki articles ;)
                  But even the wiki can be hard to navigate through. So ask away. We have plenty people with hundreds of hours of experience.

Seismothesaurus and Borodin like this.
                  • blind3rdeye

blind3rdeye Big Damn Hero

There are two things happen at the start of the day that I'm unsure about.

The first is exhaustion causes energy not to be full. I don't know exactly what causes this. The wiki says that it's "exhaustion", but how can I know if my character is exhausted? And how can I prevent it? I know that if I spend all my energy, the character becomes slower, and there's a little exhaustion symbol next to the energy bar - but I often get reduced morning energy without that exhaustion symbol ever having been triggered. So I'm not sure how it works.

Secondly, in the last couple of days I've had a message appear at the bottom left of the screen; but both times it has disappeared too quickly for me to read it. I think it mentions something about weeds, or storm, or damage to the farm (or all three). Is there any way I bring those temporary messages up again so that I can actually read them? (It happens in the morning, but it doesn't happen if I reload my save.)

• Charity322

I know that if you go to bed after 12am you don't get the energy bar filling up all the way.

• blind3rdeye

I thought that at first... but it doesn't seem to be consistent at all. For example, I just passed out in the mines at 2am and woke up with full energy.

My next guess was that I just had to go to bed with more than a slither of energy; but that doesn't seem consistent either.

My current theory is that I just have to avoid the energy ever getting too low at any point during the day; but I'm not sure how low.

• Lilliput

Lilliput Supernova

Yes, if you're not in bed at midnight you may not get your full energy/health back from sleep. I suggest eating when you can to make up the difference, you won't become exhausted if you top off the energy meter with food. Also, the message is almost certainly a note that weeds have damaged something on the farm, and if it keeps popping up, then the damage is continuing to spread-- probably a walkway or fence that's being chewed up one space at a time as the weeds spread. Make a run of the property and clear out the weeds if you're able-- use the scythe or your weapon, those don't consume energy and won't make you more exhausted.

EDIT: Passing out in the mines doesn't count as losing sleep, because you're given medical help to get you home. It costs you money, which is the tradeoff, but you'll be at full energy when you wake up after that.

• blind3rdeye

I'm still not totally on top of the exhaustion stuff. Sometimes I pass out in my house and wake up with full energy. Sometimes I go to bed and wake up with full energy. And sometimes I don't. I always go to bed after midnight... Maybe there's a random element? I don't know.

In any case, thanks for the extra information, and thanks for the weeds stuff.

---
                            I have another question!

Is it possible to break up with a someone? I mean, after you give someone a bouquet they become your boyfriend / girlfriend. I know that it's possible to date more than one person at a time, but what if I just want to stop dating someone? How can I return to the original single state? The only way I can think of is a bit extreme: marry someone (which causes you to break up with everyone else), then get a divorce, then use magic and gifts and time to fix up the divorce side effects... Perhaps there's an easier way?

• Charity322

I think that if you are above half energy you do get it back to full after 12.

• Lilliput

Lilliput Supernova

I'm not sure if there's any way to call off a non-marriage relationship. Hmm! Try gifting them totally hated gifts for a while and see what happens!

• Magistrella

Magistrella Big Damn Hero

Sadly there is no way to return to the previous status without changing the savegame itself, and then it probably would return your hearts down to 8/10 - as you never could've progressed past that part if you haven't given that bouqet. Never tried that myself and i can think of a couple of ways how that could break the save at certain points =.=

The marry/divorce route seems like the only one in-game that sounds plausible :/

For the exhaustion matter - I'm pretty sure there is a certain amount of randomization involved depening on how many days in a row you spent past midnight or had low energy (or even the exhaustion status). I had it happen to me a couple of times that, even when exhausted the previous day, i got up and had full energy. Even after i snailed back home and went to bed past 10pm. At other points i got to half even tho i wasn't exhausted and didn't go to bed late, but was working my ass off to water all those plots in my first summer...

Hope that helped a little ^.~

• Sventex

Sventex Pangalactic Porcupine

Quick Question: Is there any trigger to getting money in the mail? Sometimes Mom/Dad, or Mayor Lewis just gives you 500g in the mail. Is this triggered from having a low amount of money? Or does this automatically happen on certain dates?

• Jerev

At least for mom / dad the threshold is your earned money
                                      http://stardewvalleywiki.com/Mom_and_Dad

• Sventex

Sventex Pangalactic Porcupine

• Lilliput

Lilliput Supernova

Pink cake sells for 480g, so the later gift from Mom is almost a comparable value. Of course, the difference is, yes, a female player gets the extra 500g much earlier from Dad, when the extra cash is probably going to be a lot more useful. By the time Mom sends the pink cake you probably don't need that money as much.