1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Racial Perks 0.4

Add different perks to each race to make them play uniquely.

1. sleepy123

sleepy123 Big Damn Hero

Just that. Thanks! Glad they're in

2. khaotil

khaotil Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Thanks, and take your time; the main goal of making a mod is also to have fun creating it :p

Alocer likes this.
  3. jonathonspy

jonathonspy Existential Complex

Ah, ok.
    do you know the name of the mod?

Salok are crocodiles, and the Argonians come from a marsh/swamp, and can breath underwater.

4. Chofranc

Chofranc Pangalactic Porcupine

Hi, i'm creating a custom race(looks like my avatar) and took your racial perks as example to add a custom racial perk to my custom race and test it and works like a charm, i learned a little of lua too :) since i never had touched a lua script in starbound, anyway, i find a bug that can happen with the spike sphere tech, if you reduce the speedMultiplier below 1.0 to make a race slower, the spike sphere will stuck on the corner of some tiles that are made of 1 cube or that doesn't have a cube next to it.

Permission question too: If at some point in a far future, if i upload my custom race, can i have your permission to add the custom perk that i modified for my custom race using your mod as an example? If i upload my race i will give you the credit for that obviously.

PD : I'm still trying to figure out how to make it 20% weaker to elemental damage(Fire, electric, ice)

My race is already unique since is short than vanilla races, with the perks is more unique :3 and fits well with the lore of my race. I added debuff for balancing.

Perks:
    - Poison inmunity.
    - Radiation inmunity.
    - Don't breath.
    - More base energy and energy regen.

- Slower movement speed.
    - Weaker to elements.
    - Less base health.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 31, 2016
  5. Alocer

Alocer Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I don't know the name, I only heard it mentioned off-hand in a comment on the Steam Workshop page for it. I did some light internet searching and didn't find much either. I might be able to help you out though, if you're interested send me a PM.

jonathonspy likes this.
  6. Alocer

Alocer Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I'm glad I could help you learn something new! I haven't messed with the speedMultiplier yet but I plan to, so if I find a solution to the spike sphere I'll let you know. I haven't tried it yet, but you might be able to use negative immunities? Their names are:
    Code:
    Burning = "fireStatusImmunity"
    Electrified = "electricStatusImmunity"
    Frost = "iceStatusImmunity"
    You can see how I use it with my Avali perks, but basically you'd want something in init() like:
    Code:
    effect.addStatModifierGroup({{stat = "iceStatusImmunity", amount = -0.2}})
    As mentioned, I haven't tried it so a negative immunity might crash the game. Never hurts to back up your player and universe folders either. If that doesn't work, instead of "amount = -0.2" you can try "effectiveMultiplier = 0.8". And if that doesn't work, I was just looking at the code for the spike sphere and there's a damage listener you could probably use instead somehow.

For permissions, I set my mods to be freely used/altered/distributed by anyone without my consent, so use it to your heart's content. But if you'd like to credit me for helping with that aspect of your mod then it's appreciated. If you're curious about permissions on other mods, you can find them on the mod's Overview page near the bottom (just above the Recent Updates and Reviews).

Good luck with your race, I like how it looks! I'll keep my eye out for it.

Edit: I misread the elemental question and originally read +20%

Last edited: Sep 1, 2016
    jonathonspy likes this.
  7. Chofranc

Question: Is this mod multiplayer friendly? I mean, since you are modifying some stat that are from the player.config like the maxhealthbase through LUA code, or each player.config is independent and only affect the client?

I already made my custom race slower, it can be done through a custom humanoid.config instead of lua code and i think that you can make it to jump more or less too.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2016
  8. ibigfire

ibigfire Void-Bound Voyager

This is a very cool idea. I hope it gets worked on further, if you find yourself able to do so. Just letting you know that there is a desire for it.

9. Chofranc

Yeah, is a very cool idea, but i think that maybe the dev will not continue to work in this mod since Frankin Races do the same. But i think that the way that this mod add the perks are cleaner than FR since if you uninstall this mod in mid-game is like if you never have installed this mod, in FR if you uninstall it mid-game it will spam a lot of warnings.

I hope so that the dev continue to work in this mod, always is good to have different choices for something that already exist.

ibigfire likes this.
  10. ibigfire

ibigfire Void-Bound Voyager

Yeah, the value of retaining compatibility and cleanliness is a pretty big deal, imo.

11. Marinebeast

Marinebeast Existential Complex

Compatibility with other mods that give racial perks, like Frackin Races, is easy as long as the status effects aren't given the same name.. and that they don't explicitly conflict in their effects.
    So just use different naming schemes (Frackin Races uses "racespecies" from what I recall) and you should be fine.

jonathonspy likes this.
  12. Chum42

Chum42 Void-Bound Voyager

Is the dev still dead? I really want this mod to continue, it's very unfinished.

notanaccount2 likes this.
  13. Goldenmadman

Goldenmadman Orbital Explorer

Just found this mod, hopes are up that I can replace Frackin races with this one somewhen...
    @khaotil I personally would replace "increased jump" with something that is similar to the gravity augmentfor the Avians. For the reverse engineering of the florans one could maybe decrease the costs of the pixel printer.