Remove timer on block creation

Discussion in 'Blocks and Crafting' started by BlueLeafeon, Aug 3, 2016.

1. BlueLeafeon

BlueLeafeon Cosmic Narwhal

I know there's a mod that makes ALL items have instant creation, but let's say I want to keep the timing on building stuff like anvils and foraging tables.

However, I recently wanted to build an ice fortress. I dug around, found about 1000 ice material blocks, and then went to crafting the ice bricks/blocks by pressing <- and making the maximum amount available.

Imagine my annoyance when the game started SLOWLY creating those blocks...one set at a time. This is absolutely stupid and ridiculous, and I shouldn't have to wait around doing nothing FOREVER to craft blocks. Especially when other types of building materials are crafted at an incredibly fast pace, and I'm stuck in the item creation screen for over 10 minutes waiting on those ice blocks to finish. :(

STCW262, Jerln and guyverlord like this.
  2. Lord Sinclair

Lord Sinclair Scruffy Nerf-Herder

A good solution to this would be an exponential crafting time decrease per consecutive item.

Using the above post as an example, the first ice block you craft would take a long time to craft, but the one after that would be crafted in half the time. Then, the third block would be crafted in half the time of the second block, and so on, so forth. Eventually, blocks would be crafted almost instantaneously.

This exponential crafting time decrease would keep the spirit of the crafting timer whilst not making it overly annoying.

Centonux likes this.
  3. BlueLeafeon

BlueLeafeon Cosmic Narwhal

I like that idea. Would definitely make things a lot better for crafting building materials.

Centonux likes this.
  4. oinkgamer

oinkgamer Cosmic Narwhal

Personally i just tab out of the game for bulk crafting and do other stuff until i stop hearing crafting noises.

5. Jerln

Jerln Oxygen Tank

I don't understand why crafting takes time anyways. Is it to make sure you're not crafting mid-combat?

STCW262 likes this.