1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Restored Beta Dungeons 2016-09-24

USED DUNGEONS BETTER THAN NEW CONDITION

1. tehcavy

tehcavy Ketchup Robot

tehcavy submitted a new mod:

Restored Beta Dungeons - USED DUNGEONS BETTER THAN NEW CONDITION

Read more about this mod...

2. CaptainFoxx

CaptainFoxx Pangalactic Porcupine

[Error] Application: exception thrown, shutting down: (NpcException) Error loading npc type '/npcs/dungeon/humanbunker/bunkerguard.npctype

This is what I get when I try to load this mod, I think you need to do some fine tweaking

3. tehcavy

tehcavy Ketchup Robot

Strange, I supplied a bunkerguard NPCtype as well. Try to delete mod and unpack it once more; Also, do you have mods which add new dungeons or change NPCs in some way?

4. bk3k

bk3k Oxygen Tank

[​IMG]

5. tehcavy

tehcavy Ketchup Robot

Uh, that actually was a snippet of a log.

6. tehcavy

tehcavy Ketchup Robot

7. bk3k

bk3k Oxygen Tank

I know. However...

is a question you wouldn't need to ask if you had the whole log. I expect there is more useful information in that log too. Such as JSON parsing errors, etc.
    Now on occasion I've been guilty of snipping the log instead of providing the whole thing, but I'm so used to dealing with them and I'm fairly confident that I can pull the useful information out. Perhaps I'm setting a bad example though.

And I don't really need a firm reason to drop a Ren and Stimpy reference, do I? That aside,

I have a lot of old assets at various points dating back to Enraged Koala (but missing the last Koala build). Any requests? Of course the string name would be most useful to accompany any requests.

8. BlueLeafeon

BlueLeafeon Cosmic Narwhal

Does this add new underground dungeons? Because I swear, I get so tired of going underground to find the same old junk time and time again.

Also, does it add new items, or just implement old ones that are still in the game? I ask because I'm currently using a mod that implements legacy items:
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=761604102

9. Rukrio

Rukrio Pangalactic Porcupine

but will it blend with SentientSupper's weapon mod? asking this because it too, adds the old school dungeons.

10. CaptainFoxx

CaptainFoxx Pangalactic Porcupine

It just seems to be that one error that crashes the game, as for other mods being in conflict, I doubt it, the only mod I have that ADDS dungeons would be the Avali Race Mod and More God Dame Space Stations

11. tehcavy

tehcavy Ketchup Robot

No. Most underground minidungeons stayed the same anyway, at least I can't think of any minidungeon that got removed between Giraffe and 1.0.

Depends. NPC types, electrogrenades and human droids were added, since their files are gone. Rest is just reused from default files.

It would, since I used default loottables (only exception are USCM marines, since they wouldn't drop costume suit, 'nades and frying pans as is); if that mod added weapons to loottables, they would appear. As for dungeons, that depends on how they're labeled in that mod, 'cause we can get name collision. why would you want my mod if that mod adds old dungeons is a mystery

I really can't tell anything unless you add more info. That error wouldn't appear unless you deleted or corrupted the bunkerguard.npctype file I provided along with mod. Only other explanation is name collision with some other mod.

12. Rukrio

well, where would i figure out the dungeon names?
    terrestial world config or the dungeons folder?

main reason i can ask is i can check compatibility with your dungeon addon by glancing at the names. (supper's mod is not pak'd)

13. tehcavy

tehcavy Ketchup Robot

Both, albeit Dungeons would be easier to navigate.

EDIT: will conflict due to ElectroGrenades and also due to fact that 5 out of 6 dungeons collide (well, he has no sci-fi dungeon, I decided not to include avian tower 'cause it is folded into one of Avian villages now). Honestly, if I knew that existed, I wouldn't made this mod.

EDIT2: Also, if I had to say so myself, his .patch file style is dirtier than mine, though. He replaces entire sections of terrestrial config and treasure pools instead of adding, which can theoretically make that mod incompatible with other mods that add dungeons. And he uses older treasure tables, which are yelding far lower amounts of loot than newer ones; part of the reason why I overhauled loottables there.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2016
  14. Rukrio

well shazbot.

15. tehcavy

tehcavy Ketchup Robot

Hey, only difference between my mod and his mod (beyond the obvious, like beta weapons) are Sci-Fi dungeons (well, and loot tables). Just use that mod and call it a day.

16. Imperitus

Imperitus Aquatic Astronaut

My game doesn't like this mod, the game crashes upon start up. The only mods I could see conflicting with this would be extra dungeons or FrakinUniverse. Do you have any idea? Thanks

Edit: Yup it's FrakinUniverse, here's the log if you're interested.

http://pastebin.com/xBaG8fqS

Last edited: Sep 27, 2016
    Sir Wilfrey likes this.
  17. Sir Wilfrey

Sir Wilfrey Spaceman Spiff

I can second that, it's Frackin. Which is a shame. I'm gonna try merging the files into Frackin itself, maybe make a patch of some sort.

Edit: Directly caused with some sort of conflict with the NPCs, I just deleted that entire folder and now it works with Frackin Universe, lol.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2016
  18. tehcavy

tehcavy Ketchup Robot

Be aware that I modify only default planets and add only default items. And also that missing monster or NPC type will be cause for soft-crash even during loading the planet. Other than that, happy hunting!

Sir Wilfrey likes this.
  19. jGamer

jGamer Intergalactic Tourist

I have a problem with the mod is the
    following:

I can not land on the planets where there are dungeons
    It's just me or what?

20. bonathan_b

bonathan_b Void-Bound Voyager

I agree with jGamer; I haven't seen any dungeons to know if this works or not. techcavy, any advice?