Ruby (Overgrowth HP Gem)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Herja, Aug 24, 2015.

1. Herja

Herja Space Hobo

I was wondering if any one besides a friend and I, have trouble finding this gem recipe?
    We have opened so many chests in the Overgrowth by now, and it's the last gem recipe from Overgrowth we're missing.

• Jelkan

Jelkan Void-Bound Voyager

I came on to post about this same issue. I have opened hundreds of chests in overgrowth specifically to look for this recipe. I've easily opened over 500, but probably not quite 1,000. I have spent many hours in Overgrowth specifically farming for this on various difficulties, but I have more or less given up. I feel like it literally can't drop, as if the game thinks I have it already or something. I was with a friend in multiplayer when he found it shortly after entering overgrowth for the first time, but it has never dropped for me.

It has been hundreds of chests since I got the rest of the recipes here. I leveled a pet almost all the way to 25 with the ingredients found during farming. I feel a bit dejected as this is THE #1 gem I've been searching for. I need it for 4 pieces of my gear.
      I'm pretty much done with the game at this point though (beat the game without much trouble on epic with my friends). It would have been nice to have this recipe during my heavy playing days.

• Leth

Leth Risk of Rain & Wanderlust

Ruby? I'll check it out.

• charraznable

charraznable Space Hobo

I'm 72 hours into the game and the ruby gem recipe is the only recipe that hasn't dropped. It could possibly be unobtainable in the overgrowth since I have spent at least 8 hours in overgrowth trying to get it but no luck as of yet. My brother also helped me farm overgrowth dungeons and overworld areas around Mother and he couldn't find one either.

• Leth

Leth Risk of Rain & Wanderlust

I double checked with my beta testers. They have the Ruby. I also looked over the code and everything looks like it should be working.

I'm not sure how else to put your concerns to the test - but I know some people have got the Ruby design drop.

Dunto likes this.
            • charraznable

charraznable Space Hobo

I figured out how to fix the bug and it worked for my brother and I. What we did was create a different character and farmed the overgrowth for a few maps and it dropped within the first 10 minutes (We got it from the ooze dungeon on the first run through lol). Reason is still unknown why it did not drop for our original characters (we did about 20+ ooze dungeon runs not to mention overworld farming) but if I had to guess it was that if the ruby recipe drops and you fail to pick it up then it will not drop again for that character again.

• Herja

Herja Space Hobo

I can confirm that it works by creating a new character, both my friend and I created a new level 1 character and both had the recipe within 10 minutes.