RELEASED Rue's Creepy Curios and Spooky Aesthetics [UPDATED: 11/7]

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Ruevian, Oct 30, 2016.

1. Ruevian

Ruevian Big Damn Hero

Sorry, friend, I'm not doing mods right now. I might pick it up again later, but you're right that off-putting is the point of my mods. :D I'd probably just make a whole new non-creepy thread if I were to do what you want.

Might I suggest this mod if you haven't checked it out yet?

• joopetter

joopetter Void-Bound Voyager

Aw, man... but thanks for reading and replying. I've decided to use your mod anyway. Those cherries and apricots are just too hard to pass. I can probably hide the apple tree roots with grass or something for now. In the meantime, I'll just keep an eye out for any new mods of yours. You've done such a great job already, and I look forward to more! :up:

Ruevian likes this.
      • Ba.mbieBam

Ba.mbieBam Master Chief

Hello may I ask when the fruit is ripe will it show on the tree ?

• Ruevian

Ruevian Big Damn Hero

It does! The files are separate, so no worries about that.

• pink_stardrop

pink_stardrop Void-Bound Voyager

Beautiful! Absolutely beautiful!!, I downloaded them all and will try them out in a minute! I really love the scarecrows!

• watermelonbabytea

watermelonbabytea Void-Bound Voyager

this is the best thing i have come across while searching for mods. thank you so so so much for these beautiful things<3

Ruevian likes this.
              • Avionne

Avionne Intergalactic Tourist

Hi! Anyone got a copy of the Iron Fence with the gate? Mine won't show the gate in the photo. It always show the default SV ones.

• Kaunisenkeli

Kaunisenkeli Void-Bound Voyager

I just downloaded this lovely mod, and I love the trees. I am having a bit of an issue with Craftables.xnb as any mod which uses this (and boy have I tested many) doesn't work on anything besides the Preserves Jars. As a Linux user, I'm having trouble converting xnb to png (XNBNode only spits syntax errors at me) so I'm unsure what to do. All other aspects that I downloaded work fine.

Stelarinna likes this.
                  • anothersarah

anothersarah Scruffy Nerf-Herder

This might be helpful in getting conversions going, as it lists the Wine pre-req (1.7 or later) and gives a linux version. I don't have any problems with craftables.xnb mods as long as they're up-to-date, but I haven't used this one specifically. (I think I'm using eemie's right now.)

(For what it's worth, I just checked out these craftables in-game too, and all seems in order on my version...)

Last edited: Oct 29, 2017
                    • Kaunisenkeli

Thank you! This does work for extracting .xnb files in Linux. Unfortunately, it's managed to raise more questions than answers. I can't see any reason why only the Preserves Jars are changing. Oh well. Hopefully I'll figure out why things aren't working now that I can extract files. Thank you again!

• anothersarah

Are you using Seasonal Immersion or any other SMAPI mod that might be overriding your change somewhere else? (SI allows indoor/outdoor craftables for each season, for example.)

• Kaunisenkeli

That may be it. I have SI as a pre-req for another mod, and the Preserves Jars are inside the house. I hadn't even thought about SI. It looks like the fix is to replace the png files for the zipped content pack for the other mod. I'll edit if that works. Either way, thank you for pointing me to SI for the issue!

Edit: It worked! :D

• anothersarah

Nice! In the future, I think if you only have the one craftables you want to use, you can also just delete them from SI -- my understanding is that it only tries to replace if a replacement exists. I kinda like being able to seasonify scarecrows and outdoor machines, though.

• eri.e.h

eri.e.h Void-Bound Voyager

Would it be possible to release the fruit tree mod under a rar or zip file? ive been dying to use it but my mac can't open xnb :(

• sunnrock

sunnrock Void-Bound Voyager

Hi! I migrated the fruit trees over to Content Patcher (link: https://community.playstarbound.com...ent-patcher-packs.141577/page-50#post-3301344). (Although I'm willing to take it down if OP would like.)

However, I haven't been able to convert the other trees, as much as I really want to use them in my own game. To my understanding, this is because those trees also require edits to the four <season>_outdoorsTileSheet.xnb files, and I don't have the design skills to create edited versions of them. I know that OP said they weren't modding, so no pressure to make those edits. However, I would be super grateful if someone (OP included) could do that. Even if you don't want to make a content patcher version, all I would need are the XNB or PNG files in order to do that part myself.

Anyway, thank you for the cool mod! I'm loving the fruit trees.

• hatmouse

hatmouse Subatomic Cosmonaut

Do you mean the non-fruit trees? They still work for me. These are the trees in TerrainFeatures, is that where you are targeting? You should just be able to throw the xnbs in that folder to test. Not that I am encouraging that sort of rampant overwriting ;)

• sunnrock

sunnrock Void-Bound Voyager

Oh wait, you're totally right! I thought I'd turned off all conflicting replacements, but it turns out I hadn't, oops. I'm kinda glad I was wrong, because it's great to have the regular trees in my game now, too. Thanks a bunch!

On that note, here's the content pack with the three non-fruit trees! It's also configurable, although so far I haven't been able to configure the fruit trees individually. If I manage that, I'll post an update.

Edit: Fixed an issue where the vanilla pine trees were showing up during summer.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 22, 2018
                                      Cynicat, Medicell and hatmouse like this.
                                    • coldazrael

coldazrael Existential Complex

Hey, thanks for the mod here
                                      I made the content patcher for the fences and gates. I also added the vanilla black gate and the white wood gate that doesn't mentioned on your thread but it was actually in one of the xnb.
                                      the values for the all the fences are : barbedwire, darkiron, fadedwhite, mossyoldstone, oldstone, picket
                                      and the gates : woodgate, irongate, vanillablackgate, whitewoodgate
                                      you can also toggle to enable or disable the replace for each fences and the gate.

Edit :
                                      Here goes the lamps and braziers as well. Gold brazier, Skull brazier and Marble brazier are disabled in default, but it's still configurable.
                                      the values for the braziers are : blackwood, blackstone, twistedstump, darkcarved, blackbarrel
                                      and the lamps : hangedlamp, bentlamp

Another Edit :
                                      And finally, the scarecrows and processing equipments!
                                      allowed values (Scarecrows) : ruggedcrow, invisibleman, stinkyjack, rackabones, bloodysnowman, woodspecter, hangedcrow, wight, eviltiki
                                      There's only enable/disable toggle for processing equipments, though.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 13, 2018
                                        sugary-stardust, Cynicat and Medicell like this.
                                      • Ruevian

Ruevian Big Damn Hero

Hey guys....it's been awhile! Just logging on to say thank you to those users who patched my stuff for continued use. I'm not sure if I'll ever come back to modding but I appreciate and feel thankful that people might still wanna use mine.

I'll add a note on the top post to check for updates on this page.

hatmouse likes this.
                                        • qinif

qinif Space Spelunker

super big favor @Ruevian but I love the cherry fruit tree so much. Is it possible to save it as a non-fruit tree file and post that? >.<

I tried editing the mod myself but I can't