1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Save File Editing Guide (For solving some common issues)

Discussion in 'Support' started by ConcernedApe, Mar 19, 2016.

1. Farmer Veera

Farmer Veera Space Hobo

Thanks so much for this detailed guide. I have several villagers at 4-5 hearts and I've only seen events with Abigail so I suspect I've hit this bug more than once.

• hurrshire

hurrshire Void-Bound Voyager

Right, it has to be while it's raining. Snow doesn't count as rain, so it can't happen in winter

RAINBIRD55 and RushToward like this.
      • Joystiel

Joystiel Void-Bound Voyager

Oh, I see. Guess I'll just have to be patient then.

• Farmy

Farmy Tentacle Wrangler

Thank you for writing this! I just had an encounter with an event not happening because of the Stardew Valley Fair being on the same day.

Thank you for acknowledging!

• Joystiel

Joystiel Void-Bound Voyager

I've tried it again in spring, both when it's raining and when it's not, like every hour after 8pm. Getting a bit impatient lol wondering if I should just give up and marry Sam already.

• Nurio

Nurio Cosmic Narwhal

I have the problem with Demetrius not showing up. I already deleted <int>65</int> from my savefile, but he still doesn't show up! I've had over 25k earnings a long time ago already, so that can't be it...

• KyxL

KyxL Void-Bound Voyager

Abby keep calling my dog(Yoko) as farm for some reason can anyone help it?

Last edited: Apr 9, 2016
                • Spazbane

Spazbane Void-Bound Voyager

Could I just double-check the ID for Clint's saloon event (3-heart according to the eventsseen ID list here, but 2-heart according to the wiki). I just noticed that I don't remember seeing it (even though I'm at 5 hearts now), but when I had a look at my savefile to confirm, there wasn't any event "97".

Dolores Haze likes this.
                  • Nurio

Nurio Cosmic Narwhal

Is it not in the list? I don't know what it's supposed to be, since I am not that far yet...

EDIT: Derp. I need to read. I missed that you mentioned event 97

• BenzeneOverload

BenzeneOverload Orbital Explorer

I don't have the pendant problem, but the mariner won't appear at all? It's Spring, Year 2, and I've completed all of the things needed to get the pendant. I saw the mariner in fall, before the most recent update. Does anyone know how to fix this?

• ssokolow

ssokolow Cosmic Narwhal

Since nobody else responded, I'll try, in case you're still waiting or someone else is wondering:

I'm a Linux user and the last time I used a Mac was System 7.1 on an old Mac SE, but Wineskin is based on Wine, which I use, so I'll try to explain:
                        1. Wine runs the game inside a fake Windows drive, so you need to find that. According to what I was able to Google, Wineskin bundles it up inside the app as a package, so you should be able to access it by right-clicking the app and choosing "Show Package Contents".
                        2. Once you've found that, the path to the game saves should be something like drive_c/Documents and Settings/<username>/Application Data/StardewValley/Saves
                        3. The Apple equivalent to Notepad is TextEdit with Format > Make Plain Text.
                        4. Because Apple and Microsoft use different keyboard shortcuts, the keyboard shortcut for "find" is Command+F instead of Ctrl+F as the instructions say.
                        The rest should be identical to the Windows instructions.

• WindGaming

WindGaming Space Hobo

I need help... i had eight hearts with Abby and recieved the letter but missed the event and the event isnt there. what should i do?

Should I just force add the event?

• madeyemoody

madeyemoody Void-Bound Voyager

Yeah same here but i think thats got to do with the mods for some reason. My last playthrough worked fine. Use a save editor to add whatever you want. Thats what i ended up doing. I waited till Winter to see if he would show up.

• Nurio

Nurio Cosmic Narwhal

He suddenly showed up someday after removing <int>65</int> but it took quite some time and I don't know what triggered it in the end

• rayabuwaya

rayabuwaya Intergalactic Tourist

Hi I'm having a problem getting a re-evaluation from Grandpa. Every time I try to put a diamond on his shrine, it just end up saying "Grandpa's Shrine." Halp :(

• Dolores Haze

Dolores Haze Void-Bound Voyager

I have same problem, too. I can't find "<int>97</int>" Clint 2(or 3) heart event ID. but I didn't see this event. Did you resolve this?
                                  plz help me...

• Spazbane

Spazbane Void-Bound Voyager

Hi, it ended up randomly happening (after a while) without me doing anything (and I do have a <int>97</int> tag now). Either the stated trigger conditions on the wiki could be improved/refined, or there was something specific to my game preventing it from happening before? (Another odd thing is that recently, I can properly talk to Gus instead of his "repeat one-line" replies, so maybe there was some saloon bug or something)

PS: Maybe you have to enter the tavern at a later time perhaps? I usually went in around 7-ish or whenever Clint arrives there, but I think it may have triggered perhaps around 10-ish? I can't be absolutely sure, since I wasn't expecting it.

Last edited: May 6, 2016
                                    • kaitgoo

kaitgoo Space Hobo

Hi,

How do I change the mining profession on mac? I can't find the save files anywhere!

• sheeppoops

sheeppoops Astral Cartographer

I was wondering if there was any way to restart all my heart events? ;w;
                                        im not married in the game I just want to go through them again on my curret file
                                        and not a new one.

• One of Six

One of Six Phantasmal Quasar

So before the 1.1 update, in Sam's two-star event, I selected "High-Energy Dance Music".

After the 1.1 update, I finally got Sam to eight hearts and the eight heart event played.

And his band played "Cheerful Pop Music". And the Saloon Jukebox indicates the song is "poppy".

I quit without saving and lost the day.

Is there a way to fix this? I have 178 hours on this character, and I had selected High-Energy Dance Music deliberately.