1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Bug/Issue Save file wont load; leads back to Chucklefish Logo

Discussion in 'Support' started by imoumou, Apr 28, 2017.

Tags:
  1. imoumou

imoumou Void-Bound Voyager

So my laptop died and when I tried to load SV again my save file was gone, though it was still in AppData. I followed a few solutions online (kept a backup of the original save) but even when I get the save file to show up, whenever I go into it it just redirects back to the Chucklefish logo. At one point I tried to load it again after this happened and the same thing happened, just the screen went blank? I know this is an issue for XBOX, but I use PC. I tried to delete all mods, remove smapi, and uninstall and reinstall the previous version and it's still the same issue. Any help would be so appreciated! I'm in winter of year one :(

Attached Files:

• MysticTempest

MysticTempest Spaceman Spiff

I just took a look at your files. It appears the save data on the main files got completely wiped out. Luckily, the game also makes it own backups.
      Those files in the folder ending in "_old" are backups of the previous in-game day.

Those seem to still be good. So I deleted your main saves, and then renamed the '_old' files removing the '_old'; and it works now.

Attached Files:

imoumou likes this.
      • imoumou

imoumou Void-Bound Voyager

Are you aware you're the total love of my life? For real. Marry me.