1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED SBSE - Customize your player colors using any color!

Discussion in 'Other' started by Phaze, Dec 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bearffalo

bearffalo Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Sadly this happens to everyone trying this mod currently. It has not been updated since April, so I'm afraid we'll have to wait till someone with modding experience makes use of the open source and fixes it, since the Author has abandoned the project. However my hope is the Starbound dev team might give us an extended character creation system including eye colours and such in the future, adding more individuality to the character designs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. bearffalo

Having said that, technically speaking could one use SBSE on the glad giraffe version to create a character to their liking and then transfer this character save to the newest version with all of its modded features remaining ?

3. Oddbrother

Oddbrother Cosmic Narwhal

Because of the problems SBSE provides in its current state, I went and made my own mod that gives my human character a different eye colour before I create him. It's all I wanted, anyway, so my saved game wouldn't need to be tampered with any further afterwards.

Sent from my Nexus 5 CAF using Tapatalk

4. Guy Weekday

Guy Weekday Intergalactic Tourist

Thanks for the response. I know a bit of code but not really enough to try anything like that. I'm pretty ok with my character though. Thanks for letting me know what was going on.

5. bearffalo

No problem :)

6. Tylenol

Tylenol Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Site's bandwith is exceeded.

7. Geckopsx

Geckopsx Void-Bound Voyager

Can someone help me?
    I tried using SBSE and it says "Unable to find binaries folder. Make sure the Starbound folder is correct" but when i select the correct location it still appears.

8. Psygnosis

Psygnosis Ketchup Robot

Because SBSE it's not yet patched to support the 1.0 release - we need someone else that get back the stuff up and patch it, since the dev - afaik - will not update it anymore

9. Tylenol

Tylenol Scruffy Nerf-Herder

We need to raise some form of awareness. I have seen nothing happen to the github.
    This tool is too fucking good to lose man.

10. bearffalo

Couldn't agree more!

11. Babzilla

Babzilla Void-Bound Voyager

Just now seeing this, as I tried to use SBSE (I have a sh*t ton of Workshop mods) and got the same issue that the SB folder could not be read, make sure it's correct.
    I really hope someone picks this up because I miss being able to make my characters unique and I have one now that I really want to change around. :c

12. bearffalo

Im thinking about doing it myself, since no one else seems to be willing. can someone estimate how difficult it would be for someone without any modding experience such as me?

13. nedlymanidco

nedlymanidco Void-Bound Voyager

Im not gonna let this thread die. I need this damn mod.

BobertLocke and bearffalo like this.
  14. nedlymanidco

Again, i need this mod dammit, i have no idea how to recolor with starcheat, this mod makes it possible for me.

LOL BALL likes this.
  15. Symphony

Symphony Giant Laser Beams

WELL! SBSE is unlikely to be fixed -- ever.

BUT.

Someone from our community over at Antares has been working on a pet project replacement. It's not quite to the level of SBSE yet, but it certainly does the job - it even let's you color vanity & armor slots separately!

https://www.antaresroleplay.com/threads/starbound-outfit-studio-alpha-v0-4.12375/

If you really need to color your outfits, you can do it with this!

16. BobertLocke

BobertLocke Big Damn Hero

No copy/paste and the colors not changing until you click replace makes coordinating colors kinda tough, but it's way better than any of the current alternatives, so thanks for sharing. :)

Last edited: Dec 16, 2016
  17. PowerPistons

PowerPistons Aquatic Astronaut

I have an error when setting up this for the first time. I says that it cant find the binaries folder, but after I try every obvious solution, it still doesn't work. Any solutions.

18. nedlymanidco

Wait for it to be updated to the current version of starbound, which probably won't happen because whoever took over the mod clearly gave up on it.

19. So I've actually been working on getting the SBSE project up-to-par with the latest Starbound version in a local repo. I've hit a snag, though.
    SBSE relies on parsing the packed.pak file in the installation folder so it understands all the items in the game. The .pak format has changed in 1.0 and SBSE doesn't understand it anymore.
    I'm not knowledgeable enough on binary storage and B-Trees to bring this part of the program up to spec, so if anyone out there knows how to parse the new .pak format AND can help update the code in JavaScript, please get in touch with me.
    I've been looking into B-Trees and trying to understand how this format works and how I might be able to parse it, but progress is extremely slow.

On an unrelated note, the SBSE project has been officially relocated. www.sbse.co will now redirect to https://sbse.kazyyk.com where the project will live indefinitely.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2017
    bearffalo and Fae like this.
  20. Fae

Fae Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Thanks for spending time working to keep this project up-to-date, Kazyyk. :love:

I've missed this helpful program so much because It has been a part of my Starbound life for so long even though I've only used it to get a certain male hairstyle on my female characters, haha.
    Oh! I do remember using it to change the colors of a few pieces of clothing as well to sorta make a dress... Ahh, it's just been too long~

Thanks again and good luck~!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.