Digital SDV Requests (OPEN!)

Discussion in 'Fan Works' started by desbro, Mar 14, 2016.

1. desbro

desbro Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Link to my Starbound thread: Here.

Okay, I'm rearranging for easier navigation as I add to this master post for art.

[​IMG]
    Aym ah Fahrmar
    WIP

My name is Desi, I like to draw big beefy bara men, and handsome ladies. Also cute animals. My SDV themed art concepts will be here.

I take requests for NPCs, animals, marriageable candidates, etc!

Pelican Shipping Co. Shipper -

Name: Jebediah, but he prefers Jeb.
    History: Ex-military, husband and farmhand.
    Significant Other: Widower, equal opportunities.
    Offspring: Elizabeth "Lizzie" Cartwright.
    Marriageable? Maybe...
    Quirks: Smily, good humored, salt of the earth, a real hard worker. Could kill you with his pinky, probably. Toys with his ear when he's uncomfortable.
    Known Facts: Daughter in college, wife deceased, he heard of this upstart farmer making a name for themself over in Pelican town and got while the getting was good. It's a small company, but being a nose to the grindstone worker, he and Daisy, his highland ox, make it work.

Concept below!
    [​IMG]

Bonus - Evolution of Mr. Jeb - here. (Forgive the poor quality scans, I don't typically work in cross mediums, but a sketchbook and notepad was where he was born.)

To do:
    • Mermaid.
    • Shipper's Daughter.
    • Grease Monkey (female).
    Done(ish):

Last edited: Mar 17, 2016
    • Lanx12

Lanx12 Ketchup Robot

Hello and welcome and I like the idea and what you drew can't wait to see your other artwork here soon :D

• desbro

Thanks! I've been creeping this and all the other boards for a good handful of days, but I thought it was finally time to come out of creep mode.

• Lanx12

Lanx12 Ketchup Robot

And thus you've taken your first step into a larger world...a insanly crazy larger world.

• FinalMantasyX

FinalMantasyX Big Damn Hero

jeb for marriage candidate

M.Car and desbro like this.
            • desbro

Amen.

M.Car likes this.
              • M.Car

M.Car Space Penguin Leader

We need a Fireman! And a Law officer! (I'm thinking a no-nonsense blonde girl with a bun for the cop, because me-ow) Maybe the fireman even has a Dalmatian! More pets! ALL THE PETS!

Lanx12 likes this.
                • desbro

What was the city name? A tough as nails rookie beat cop assigned to the lawful management of the growing Pelican Town? xD Hm... The wheels are turning.

M.Car and Lanx12 like this.
                  • M.Car

I was thinking "There's a new Sheriff in Pelican Town! Tough as nails with something to prove!"

• Lanx12

Lanx12 Ketchup Robot

And suddenly the PC's chance to marry went down the drain as all the love intrests left...I shall write a sad ending now to my fan fic now :p And thus life was good until the day Jeb moved in and she left me for him I understood tho and I wanted her to be happy sadly the farm went down hill and I moved back to the city and got rehired at joja Inc.

Heh :p I love that saying M.car X3

M.Car likes this.
                      • desbro

Alright, I'm gonna give this a try!

SUCH A SAD TUNE. :(

• M.Car

ALL THE PETS!

ahem... but Seriously. I feel a little weird living in a town with no way to report stolen items. :(

• Lanx12

Lanx12 Ketchup Robot

Do you think I'm that evil :D I'm tempted might I ask if I can use jeb in my fan fic I've been inspired to give him a prodoment role in my story and I got just the girl for him :D But if not its cool :3

• desbro

Haha, sure! Just let me hammer out his details and you can go buckwild. :D

Lanx12 likes this.
                              • Lanx12

Lanx12 Ketchup Robot

Sa Sweet :D Jeb you've made SDV even better for all those fan girls out there !

• desbro

OKAY, I have updated the initial post with baseball stats for mister Jeb. Have at thee.

• M.Car

Don't even get me started in on a greasemonkey!

A girl who knows her way around an engine block? Short black hair on her mocha head? Coveralls tied around her waist? Grease-stained tank top? Maybe a couple piercings? And TALL.

Lanx12 and desbro like this.
                                    • Lanx12

Lanx12 Ketchup Robot

Mmm I love these baseball stats can really go for a grand slam here ! now to find the perfect moment to insert him into the story ... Looks like another sleepless night with insperation bwhahahaha

• desbro

What's great is from a story standpoint I could see all these ideas offering a fresh angle to the gameplay. I hope that level of player modding is an option at some point (I don't know a damn thing about modding, but I can dream. :D)

*tear* Little Pelican Town is growing right before our eyes.

• Lanx12

Lanx12 Ketchup Robot

you know what M.Car just for you I might just add that grease monkey into the town Form the story stand point And I think I got a great way to introduce her.