Ships landing on planets

Discussion in 'Vehicles and Mounts' started by ericatron, Feb 12, 2017.

?

Should ships be allowed to land on planets

1. Yea

18 vote(s)
    94.7%
  2. Nah (u glitch sail)

1 vote(s)
    5.3%
  1. ericatron

ericatron Void-Bound Voyager

Hello I'm new to forms but not to starbound in fact iv bought 5 copy just so my friends can play but one thing iv always wanted was the ability to land you ship on planets and use it truly as a mobile base maby u crash land into a glitch castle or mabey u land on ur planet to unload all your hoarder goodies (10k gnome balls) but I just think this would be a awsome but I have no idea how or If it can be done also the game really needs helicopters

Xhazors likes this.
  2. Kirbyroth

Kirbyroth Pangalactic Porcupine

Cool idea not sure how well it would work as ship world and planet world are separate

3. M_Sipher

M_Sipher Oxygen Tank

Also, terrain is an issue, as you'd need enough space horizontally... and the different ships have different layouts, which make for even more variables they'd need to juggle to make it happen.

I could see a separate landing craft that's maybe the size of the starter ship, with enough interior room for a handful of crafting stations, which would mitigate the second issue, but... is that REALLY any more convenient than the ability to just warp back to your ship?

STCW262 likes this.
  4. Xhazors

Xhazors Void-Bound Voyager

Could be pretty cool! The landing itself could be problematic, but of course, making a blueprint, that will allow you to make a landing platform that fits all the different ships, no matter the sice, or even making it possible to upgrade the platform so you have to follow up with the ship upgrade would be awesome! Imagen making multiple platforms for your friends to land aswell! making the biggest would make it possible to land no matter small or big, and could be kind off a refill stop for all of you! Thinking big, give you some bonuses of some kind? Maybe you'll have to land to upgrade the ship! Ok I'll slow down now, but yeah, cool idea!

Valardy likes this.
  5. Sharp(JQ)

Sharp(JQ) Ketchup Robot

A good idea. Moreover, the ship can be upgraded at the special dock. And I would like to keep my ship on my main base.