1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Single Starting World Template 1.0a {CG)

A utility mod for servers and interested users.

1. +DS_DV+

+DS_DV+ Void-Bound Voyager

no thats not the case.
    but also not whats stated in the readme o.0?

ill try that now.

(if thats the case why not upload the mod in the folderstructure needed to run it as other mods do it?)

PS:
    it now looks like this:

Code:
    steamcmd@...:~/serverfiles/giraffe_storage/mods$ mv universe_server.config.patch ssp/
    steamcmd@...:~/serverfiles/giraffe_storage/mods$ mv SingleStartingWorld.modinfo ssp/
    steamcmd@...:~/serverfiles/giraffe_storage/mods$ cd ssp/
    steamcmd@...:~/serverfiles/giraffe_storage/mods/ssp$ ls -l
    insgesamt 8
    -rw-rw-r-- 1 steamcmd steamcmd 344 Sep  1  2015 SingleStartingWorld.modinfo
    -rw-rw-r-- 1 steamcmd steamcmd 124 Apr 25 13:06 universe_server.config.patch
    steamcmd@...:~/serverfiles/giraffe_storage/mods/ssp$

[/SIZE][/SIZE]

2. lazarus78

lazarus78 The Waste of Time

The readme clearly does say to drop the folder from the mod into your mods folder.

" Place the entire "Single Starting World" in your mods folder"

3. +DS_DV+

it does say all extracted files tar and unzip only extract files no folders o.0 tested it

4. lazarus78

When you open the downloaded file, it has a folder in it. You extract THAT folder to your mods folder. That is what the readme says.

5. +DS_DV+

to end such unrewarding discussion no ther isnt "tar -x Single Starting World-1.zip" extracts only files and as u can see in my screenshot also winrar dont show any folder structer inside the archive so i dotn know which tools u use but anless you dont autocreate folders based on archive names which isnt the norm the readme is missleading ... it also is becuase 4 ppl cant get it to work with the readme (no offence).

if i get it to work im happy to get my handy on a better written one ;)

http://imgur.com/DshLBUg

Last edited: Apr 25, 2016
  6. lazarus78

Ok, then manually make a folder and put those files in it.

The archive is a compressed folder, not sure why this is so difficult.
    [​IMG]

7. +DS_DV+

because as i wrote some time before it still doesnt work!

ssp/
    singlestartingworld/
    Single Starting World/

all dont work the last i gues dont work cause the spaces (nobody uses spaces for a reason)
    but as u can guess with underscores as single_starting_world/ it also dont work

8. lazarus78

Then you are doing it wrong. Simple as that. Have fun.

9. Mackinz

Mackinz The Waste of Time

The folder layout needs to be /mods/Single Starting World/Single Starting World.modinfo and /mods/Single Starting World/universe_server.config.patch. It won't work otherwise.

It sucks that I am in Nebraska at the moment since I can't easily respond to any thread off wifi...

10. +DS_DV+

thanks for your awnser and effort.
    its no problem :) i uninstalled it and we use the party system as workaround.

enjoy your time in the desert ;)

but if we can get it to work later one would be great :)
    btw i tried the folder structure u posted and it dindt work out :/

are u sure that it work with spaces on non windows systems?
    -> where ive to change the path that i can replaces the upper with lowercases and the spaces with underscores?

with best +DS_DV+

11. Mackinz

It should work, period. Regardless of operating system, as long as it is a current game version. Try it out in single player, instead of multiplayer. I don't necessarily know how to install mods for multiplayer.

12. +DS_DV+

will do tomorrow ;)

13. lazarus78

Put the mods in the mod folder on the server system. Nothing special to it.

I suspect they are trying to install it locally rather than on the server. But what do I know, I am only a windows users who knows nothing...

14. +DS_DV+

So what i did is extracting the hole mod with ur default values from the readme into my local installation.
    and what do i see it works like a charm :D
    SO great work !

but the question now is why it doesnt on a server ? i until today thought it would be the same installation because it also downloads the windows directorys.
    What i noticed is that by default ther is a mods folder also with an empty file named "mods_go_here" which isnt existing in the server version. i also had to mkdir the folder myself.

i suspect that the Uppercases / spaces in the foldername make trouble while autocompleting no tool i uses gets the name :/ Putty autocompletes but makes it like
    Code:
    $cd Single/ Starting/ World/
    so how can i change the name of the folder? simply renaming it seems to brake the mod :/

with best +DS_DV+

15. Mackinz

+DS_DV+ likes this.
  16. +DS_DV+

OK thanks
    I'll try it an report back if I I get to a solution for the problem.

But great mod anyway :D

17. Patience

Patience Void-Bound Voyager

Hi guys. Can you confirm that this still works with Version 1.0? I tried to apply the mod but failed :( .

PS: When I try to join with a client it says : Assets mismatch between client and server, and the override option is not set.

18. Mackinz

It should work fine in 1.0 provided it's placed in starbound/mods instead of starbound/giraffe_storage/mods. The only thing that needs an update really is the modinfo file to a .metadata file (and the instructions) but that wouldn't stop the mod from loading.

Also, you're getting that error because the server you are joining disallows mods. Even small ones.

19. Mackinz

20. Twistedpear

Twistedpear Aquatic Astronaut

Works a treat with 1.0 running on a linux server.

Clients connecting need to open the options menu and select "ALLOW ASSET MISMATCH" before connecting though. If anyone knows how to avoid having to do that, that would be awesome!