RELEASED Skirt/Dress for Male or Female Farmer & Round Face for Males

Discussion in 'Player' started by Alex_01, Mar 13, 2016.

1. Alex_01

Alex_01 Subatomic Cosmonaut

Screens.png

I saw that there were others who wanted this and I thought I would give it a go. This is my first time attempting something like this and honestly I think it turned out better than I expected. It's not perfect, but I may as well have been going in completely blind. If anyone has seen the contents of the edited .xnb you'll understand what I mean.

The following animations I have tested are:

- Walking
    - Running
    - Using basic axe/hoe/pick axe
    - Using watering can
    - Using sickle/sword

I have not tested out the more uncommon animations, like shock/fear, etc. but I believe they should hopefully work without any issues.

I haven't played much of the game (About 5hrs). So, any other animations or sprites that may appear later in the game I am unable to test in-game as of yet.

I was already doing this for myself because I wanted to make my character, 'Adult Malon' from LoZ:OoT. But, since others have requested it, I thought I may as well post it up here for everyone.

If anyone discovers something that looks broken, please let me know and I'll try my best to fix it.

Installation:

Navigate to your Stardew Valley Installation folder and copy file/s to:
    Content/Characters/Farmer

Don't forget to make a backup of the original .xnb file/s before overwriting

I hope you all like it!

EDIT:

• I've added my own Round Face Mod for Male Farmers. If there are any issues, let me know.
    • I've added a shorter skirt for Female Farmers (Normal and Beret's Face) Although it's more of a "shorter boots to reveal some ankle/leg mod". It is fully compatible with all skin tones and boots. If there are any issues, let me know.

Screenshots:

Screens1.png

Screens2.png

Screens3.png

Screens4.png

Screens5.png

Screens6.png

'Alternate' Male Swimwear for Male Skirt v3 by cure:
    http://community.playstarbound.com/attachments/farmer_base-zip.144698/
    FIqymgy.jpg

Changelog:

- Added edited .xnb files for Malon as a separate download, as well as Instructions on how to recreate her.
    - Added a v2 for Female Skirt; With improved shading.
    - Added Male Skirt.
    - Added a v3 for Female Skirt; Fixed annoying gap between boots when facing away from camera, including skirt fix by PotatOSLament.
    - Added a v2 for Male Skirt; Same adjustments as v3 Female Skirt.
    - Added a v4 for Female Skirt; Minor tweaks to skirt including boot fix by PotatOSLament.
    - Added Female Skirt/Dress mod v4 + Beret's Face Mod
    - Added Male Skirt/Dress mod v2 + Round Face Mod
    - Added Round Face Mod for Males (No Skirt)
    - Fixed Beret's/Round Face Mod Hairstyle 32 bug
    - Added a v5 for Female Skirt; Fixed skirt being too low while walking left/right (pointed out by calikii) as well as floating boots while walking left/right.
    - Added a v3 for Male Skirt; Same adjustments as v5 Female Skirt.
    - Updated Round Face mods; Same adjustments as v5 Female Skirt/v3 Male Skirt.
    - Added a v4 for Male Skirt (Updated Round Face version too!); Female wardrobe malfunction.
    - Added link for 'Alternate' Male Swimwear for Male Skirt v3 by cure.
    - Added a Shorter Skirt for Female Farmer (Normal and Beret's Face)
    - Added a v5 for Male Skirt (Updated Round Face version too!); Fixed shading when running left/right, fixed boots when using sickle left/right.
    - Added a v2 for Shorter Skirt; Fixed large boot when running left/right. (Updated Beret's Face version too!)
    - Added screenshots for the alternate versions of my mod.
    - Added a Shorter Skirt for Male Farmer (Normal and Round Face).

________Malon
    Malon.png

Community Thread:
    http://community.playstarbound.com/...mer-round-face-for-males.109441/#post-2816846

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Other Mods:

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 7, 2016
    • Milly Rainbowskittlez

Milly Rainbowskittlez Cosmic Narwhal

Ironic O: I was looking for something more dresslike O: This is close enough to what i wanted :p
      Its really silly they didnt have this as an option, i know of quite a few farmer girls that prefer skirt over jeans... then again they also dont do some of the heavy labor you do in stardew xP
      -abuses teh download button-

Im curious though, is the skirt counted as pants, leaving the 'shirt' separate?

Alex_01 likes this.
      • Alex_01

Yes, the skirt is a replacement for the pants, it will not alter the shirt in any way.

Milly Rainbowskittlez likes this.
        • Calla

Calla Void-Bound Voyager

This looks super cute, thanks! :)

• Byuncy_61

Byuncy_61 Intergalactic Tourist

I went down the wrong male farmer. How to solve it?
            I need pants for men...

• Alex_01

Did you want the pants with the Rounder face? If so, it's the one titled "Round Face Mod for Males (No Skirt) [FIXED]" Or did you accidentally overwrite the original without a backup?

I've attached the original file to restore the classic face with pants to this post if that's what you need. Just place it inside Content/Characters/Farmer in your Stardew Valley installation directory.

Attached Files:

• meeniemeen

meeniemeen Aquatic Astronaut

will you make short skirt for male?

• Alex_01

No one really requested it, so I assumed nobody really wanted it. But it never hurts to have more options, so I did it just for you, and anyone else who may want it. :nuruwink:

Milly Rainbowskittlez likes this.
                  • meeniemeen

meeniemeen Aquatic Astronaut

Oh thank you so much <3<3

Alex_01 likes this.
                    • Alex_01

No worries. :nuruflirt:

• Kurenai999

Kurenai999 Intergalactic Tourist

Does this replace all pants, or is it an option? I currently only have one character who wants to wear a skirt.

• Alex_01

It replaces the pants for every playable character of the gender you choose. So if you ever want to switch back, you'll have to manually replace the files with the originals.

• Roskii Heiral

Roskii Heiral Heliosphere

Would It be okay if I used this for females in a race mod I'm making? I enjoy the look of your skirt

• Alex_01

Sorry for the late reply. Sure, but it would be great if you could please credit me for my work. :nuruhappy:

Roskii Heiral likes this.
                              • chilmistty

chilmistty Aquatic Astronaut

So adorable!!
                                Thank you<3<3

• ImnotWillow

ImnotWillow Aquatic Astronaut

Its a real shame it isnt compatible with the 1.5 and up update. I hope someone or some team adopts this and converts it because its such a good mod