RELEASED [SMAPI 0.37] Social Editor Menu

Discussion in 'User Interface' started by hitachihex, Mar 7, 2016.

1. hitachihex

hitachihex Void-Bound Voyager

This mod is a way to edit your friendship towards other NPC's that exist in the game.

Screenshots:
    [​IMG]

Install:

Make sure you have SMAPI 0.37 from https://github.com/ClxS/SMAPI/releases/tag/0.37
    Extract the DLL from the archive and place it in the /Mods/ folder in the main game directory.

Usage:
    This mod brings up a menu to let you edit your friendship value with other NPC's/villagers.
    Click the left and right selection buttons to change your friendship by 100 (or -100) to the NPC corresponding with the selection buttons. Hit ESC to close the menu.

The default key to open the menu is Z. The mod will create a configuration file with the key to open the menu, the default being the Z key, you can change this if you'd like, it will be under the same folder you placed the DLL in (either AppData mods folder, or game EXE mods folder, under the name SocialEditorMenu.ini). Edit the line "MenuKey=Z" to whatever key you'd like to open the menu with.

Links:
    1.0: https://www.dropbox.com/s/8yy0p43a8yqqrig/SocialEditor.zip?dl=0 , Source: https://www.dropbox.com/s/sj8ulhfljn250wj/SocialEditor_Source.zip?dl=0

Notes:

The ??? NPC's in the menu are NPC's that exist but cannot have their friendship changed towards you (they weren't meant to have one, so trying to modify them will do nothing.)
    Yes I will probably add pets.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2016
      DarknessLilly, CJB, curi0 and 2 others like this.
    • cantorsdust

cantorsdust Existential Complex

Added to mod list! Are you planning on releasing your source?

• adari91

adari91 Void-Bound Voyager

Added! Now I do feel like i'm playing the sims: farmer edition xD
        Thanks for your work ♥

• hitachihex

hitachihex Void-Bound Voyager

Sure. Added link to main post.

• cantorsdust

cantorsdust Existential Complex

Awesome, thanks!

• xjapanboy

xjapanboy Subatomic Cosmonaut

this is what we're waiting for! Thanks for your work

• KaijuBlu

KaijuBlu Space Spelunker

Thank you so much for this, got tired of editing my save games all the time.

• StgLeonde

StgLeonde Void-Bound Voyager

it didnt work by my top npc Leah and the draf please fix

• Randonx

Randonx Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Any chance of giving your window the ability to be scrolled with the mousewheel? I would also like to be able to open and close the window with the same key. (Make it a toggle instead of only opening the window)

• blargsnarf

blargsnarf Pangalactic Porcupine

Hey, so, hidden character spoilers, you've been warned:

After meeting Krobus, this mod crashes if you scroll all the way down to the bottom. I found out because I just met Krobus and at the end of that day was trying to find out where a 1 heart villager was, and I guess I scrolled to where Krobus would be, and my game crashed back to the desktop.

Loaded again, ran and met Krobus, then immediately tried going to the bottom of the social menu, crashed again.

Should we just not meet Krobus if we wanna use this mod? Thankfully I haven't actually saved since meeting him (since this crashed my day, haha), so I can do that - he's pretty useless anyway.

• punxy

punxy Space Hobo

So I don't know why but when I use this mod it won't let me close the window. I can open it adjust the friendship levels but when I go to exit from the window it won't close!

• timbo

timbo Intergalactic Tourist

ok this mod dont work for 1.9.1`?

• Yunix

Yunix Big Damn Hero

No, it dont work for the 39.2 SMAPI. Sadly, hope he will update it, becouse its a awesome mod!

• ShioriShi

ShioriShi Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I want to see a update to this as well.. cause its darn frustrating to get people up in friendship at times...

• vroomsegway

vroomsegway Void-Bound Voyager

cant someone update this? The owner is dead

• Bouhm

Bouhm Big Damn Hero

Hey guys, I made some changes so that it's compatible with SMAPI 0.39+. SMAPI 0.39+ handles configuration stuff differently so I just did a temporary fix and commented out that part in the mod and added a manifest.json file, which means you can't customize the key to open the menu with. It will only work with the default "Z" key.

Create a folder in "Mods" called SocialEditor and then put these three files in that folder:
                                  https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0BxIrHWNQdVtjVXNpdFFfY2FFUjg&usp=sharing

toffimilk, samp0ern4 and fghvbn like this.
                                  • pandamonium42

pandamonium42 Void-Bound Voyager

Thanks a lot for that!

• Helltech

Helltech Void-Bound Voyager

I have the updated version but it doesn't seem to be working for me? The menu pops up but I'm not able to change the values. EDIT - It was because of zoom levels.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2016
                                      • kamisamu

kamisamu Scruffy Nerf-Herder

having the same issue, what do you mean by zoom levels?

• Fraktuura

Fraktuura Intergalactic Tourist

If anyones interested in an update for this mod, I've just suggested it in 'entos home for abandoned mods'. It needs 3 suggestions from seperate people before it'll be considered to be worked on, so if you want an update please post here:
                                          community.playstarbound.com/threads/smapi-entos-home-of-abandoned-mods.125031