RELEASED [SMAPI] More Animals 3.0.2

Because a single pet is never enough!

1. Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

That wasnt me being rude, that was me being short and annoyed.... you'd have noticed rude quite a bit more, trust me on that one...

As to why I was short, I cant be helped if I lose my patience with the same obvious error being posted a hundred times because users of the mod arent downloading dependencies....

• Abaris

Abaris Void-Bound Voyager

Okay... I think you're going to kill me.
      It has been like 8 months since I last played this. So I went and updated everything. SMAPI, Entoarox Framework, and all my mods. The game starts normally, but afer selecting the save file it goes back to main screen.
      I removed more pets and everything works fine... except I have a dog AND a cat.
      So my question is:

Does this mod makes changes to save files by adding code to it? Sorry if my question is dumb, I'm kinda new to this thing.
      I checked my game files and I have code for a cat and a dog.

Also, there is my error log file. Halp pl0x :(

Attached Files:

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

This indeed edits your save file, there is no 1 pet limit in CA's code, he just never gives you more then the 1, MorePets simply adds a mechanic so that you can have multiple pets, and then repurposes some vanilla NPC variables the Pet doesnt use to store its mod-specific information.

• Abaris

Okay, got it, thank you. But then why can't I play with the mod if everything is "working fine"?

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

• Abaris

I'm no expert. But according to that log file I posted before, I'm missing a critical file.
            Will downgrade fix that? :/ I want my petsssss

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

Downgrade first, if it still errors in the same way, *then* report again with a new log.

• mashko

mashko Void-Bound Voyager

Hello Entoarox! Love this mod, it's absolutely essential for a chump like me who can never go without a plethora of cats. :)

One quick note... I was a bit bothered by the side view of the cats. Is it alright if I change the pixel art for my own use only? Not going to distribute my graphical edits of your original mod - just for personal pickiness.
                Attached is the difference between the vanilla and the edit that I wanted to make for all cat faces. Let me know if this is okay to do. If you want I can even send you the files themselves.

Attached Files:

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

The files are not mine, they are created by talented creators on this forum, check the credits.txt for their names.

mashko likes this.
                  • Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

The released versions of this mod aren't compatible with SMAPI 1.15.2+. Here's an unofficial update until Entoarox can release it officially. This update also fixes deprecation warnings and compatibility with many other mods.

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

• TragicUnicorn

TragicUnicorn Void-Bound Voyager

So... here's a strange thing I encountered today after updating first SMAPI and then both this mod and the framework. I have all different pets now than I did before. All ones that I have installed into the pets folder within the mod, sure, but they've all switched skins. It's not really an issue, technically, I just thought it was strange that it randomized the pets I've already adopted, instead of keeping with the same skins. I copied the same "pets" folder into it after I updated, so I don't get it. But ok. It's all pets I wanted anyway, but now their names are all wrong. LOL. I know, that's a minor thing. Just thought I'd share? In case it's something someone else has had or if it's indicative of me having done something wrong while updating.

I'm just gonna change my pets names via the save file, so it's really not a problem. Just thought I'd mention it.

Did I mention I love this mod? It's one of the 5 I refuse to play without. ♥

Last edited: Aug 24, 2017
                      • TragicUnicorn

Oh, actually what's happening is the pets I added in were overwriting others. For some reason cat_19 is overwriting cat_2. That's the only specific example I've been able to isolate so far, but there are definitely a few others. Sooooo, I dunno what that's about. I think I'll use the kill_pets command and start with a fresh "default" pets folder and only add one in at a time, see how it goes.

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

This is a issue in the change pathos made to the code, I am currently beta-testing a new MorePets version (It adds support for animal skins on top of pets) that fixes this issue while retaining the advantage that pathos's change gives (Pet skins no longer need to be numbered exactly, just as long as they are numbered uniquely)

• TragicUnicorn

Aaaaah okay! You're pretty amazing, I hope you know that.

• liggeta131

liggeta131 Void-Bound Voyager

Mod isnt working for me this box adoption isnt showing. What i do wrong please tell me

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

• Treme

Treme Void-Bound Voyager

¿Cómo instalar el mod?

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

I no speaking `el language, perhaps `el Tremo could use a language `el author does know.... >_>

• Flumme

Flumme Subatomic Cosmonaut