RELEASED [SMAPI] SkullCaveSaver

Discussion in 'Gameplay Mechanics' started by cantorsdust, Mar 24, 2016.

1. cantorsdust

cantorsdust Existential Complex

Current Version: 1.0.0.0.SMAPI for SMAPI 0.39.

Saves your progress in the skull cave every X floors (X is configurable). When you return, it will warp you to your last saved level.

By cantorsdust.

INSTALLATION

The zip contains one folder, SkullCaveSaver, with two files SkullCaveSaver.dll and manifest.json. The folder must be placed in %appdata%\StardewValley\Mods.

Thus, the total path for both of the files required for this mod to function are:
    %appdata%\StardewValley\Mods\SkullCaveSaver\SkullCaveSaver.dll

AND

%appdata%\StardewValley\Mods\SkullCaveSaver\manifest.json

Upon running the mod for the first time and loading a game, the folder psconfigs will be created. Inside that will be your config file for each save game.

REQUIRES SMAPI 0.39+ to be installed!
    https://github.com/ClxS/SMAPI/releases

USAGE

Run StardewModdingAPI.exe in your main Stardew Valley folder. This will load the mods and then start the game.

As you progress in the Skull Cave, your level will be saved every X floors, where X is defined by SaveLevelEveryXFloors in the config. By default, this is 5, so your level will be saved once you pass floor 5, 10, 15, etc. It saves if you've made it to that level or past it, so you can fall down holes and not worry about skipping a save level. For example, falling from level 6 to level 11 without specifically hitting level 10 will still save your last level as 10.

Please note that this game uses SMAPI 0.39+'s new per-save config system. Your config file is specific to your save. This allows me to save your mine progress individually for each save file you're using.

To find your config file, look in the psconfigs folder within your mod folder (full path %appdata%\StardewValley\SkullCaveSaver\psconfigs. There you will find a file that looks like [YOUR SAVE NAME]_[LOTS OF NUMBERS].json Inside are the following options:

"LastMineLevel": 0,
    "SaveLevelEveryXFloors": 5

LastMineLevel, which defaults to 0. This is the deepest level of the mine that the mod has saved. Edit this only if you want to skip ahead a number of levels. The skull cave starts on level 121.
    SaveLevelEveryXFloors, which defaults to 5. This is how often the mod will save your cave level. It defaults to 5, like in the mine, where the elevator appears every five levels. You can set this as low as 1 to save your progress every level.

LICENSE

SkullCaveSaver is licensed under GPL v3. You will find a copy of its source at the same place you downloaded it, https://github.com/cantorsdust/SkullCaveSaver

Copyright 2016 cantorsdust

SkullCaveSaver is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify
    it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by
    the Free Software Foundation, either version 3 of the License, or
    (at your option) any later version.

SkullCaveSaver is distributed in the hope that it will be useful,
    but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of
    MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the
    GNU General Public License for more details.

You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License
    along with SkullCaveSaver. If not, see <http://www.gnu.org/licenses/>.

CHANGELOG

v1.0.0.0.SMAPI
    Initial public release.

Download from releases.

Source code at github.

• Flother

Flother Big Damn Hero

This should be interesting, The race is on for those who want to reach the deepest level possible in the skull cave!

• Superior_s

Superior_s Sandwich Man

What is this witchcraft! Lol, this looks cool I'll be using it when I update SMAPI.

Vith likes this.
        • Vith

Vith Cosmic Narwhal

Thank you ever so much!

Superior_s likes this.
          • dennoucoil

dennoucoil Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Thanks a lot man. At last skull cave isn't annoying.

• SasuraUchiha

SasuraUchiha Cosmic Narwhal

Thanks for this mod! Really is helpful.

• Anderson Yagami

Anderson Yagami Void-Bound Voyager

Hey buddy , thanks for the mod !!!!

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

Is there any chance you could modify this mod to let you select the floor to enter from the entrance?
                  I woukd also love it if you could have the same 5 floor skip that the mine has, and if its possible, the 'forget the last 10 floors' effect the mine has.

Snarkypie likes this.
                  • emilin_rose

emilin_rose Scruffy Nerf-Herder

will this ever be updated for stardew 1.1?

• Ladysarajane

Ladysarajane Existential Complex

Actually it works well in 1.11. I am having no difficulty with it. Although, like Entoarox I wish it has the elevator function like the regular mine.

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

SkullCaveSaver 1.1-beta is now available!

This mod is now maintained by the community, and this is the first official community update. Changes in this release:
                        • Updated for SMAPI 1.9 and Stardew Valley 1.2.
                        • Internal refactoring.
                        Feedback, suggestions, and bug reports are welcome here. The non-beta version will be released once Stardew Valley 1.2 is out of beta. :)

[Edit 2018-01-25: community mods discontinued.]

Last edited: Jan 26, 2018
                          Ladysarajane likes this.
                        • Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

• pixiesunbelle

pixiesunbelle Void-Bound Voyager

I installed this mod on my test computer in order to see if I want to use the new update of the game. It did not save my level once I went to bed in game. I went back to the cave, went for 5 levels and it saved when I went to bed. It would not save my level if I went to bed and logged out.

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

• Dakmordian

Dakmordian Phantasmal Quasar

According to my ex, every time we start a playing session her progress in the Skull Cave has reset. Wasn't sure if anyone had reported this or not. I'm the host and haven't actually been to the Skull Cavern yet, so I don't know if it'd save mine or if it's only happening to Farmhands, though.

• Montegoe

Montegoe Void-Bound Voyager

We are having the same issue in our 1.3-beta multiplayer game using the 1.3 mod + 2.6 SMAPI.

It seems when a farm hand descends into the cave as long as the server is active the progress is saved during that session. Once the game closes and is restarted later, the farmhands progress in the cave is lost and they start at level 1 again.

However, when the host enters the cave their progress is saved between games and is not transferred to the farmhand(s). As the host delves deeper and deeper, the farmhands start at level 1 so you can have the host at 100+ and the farmhands at level 1. What also seems strange is that as the farmhands progress there are only ladders down...no holes to drop you 'X' levels. The spawnrate for the holes for the farmhands seems off once the host has already dropped into the mine to a decent level.

• Phazonrad

Phazonrad Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Experiencing the same issues, losing all my progress and starting back at floor 1 upon server reset. (I'm a farmhand)
                                Also noticed the ladders vs holes issue happening but idk if that has anything to do with this mod or not.

• bodyblue

bodyblue Void-Bound Voyager

I'm having the same issue. I'm running the 1.3 mod + SMPAPI 2.6 beta 14, and a farmhand only saves the levels during the session. We have tried to change the values on the config file but it doesn't work at all for the farmhand session