RELEASED [SMAPI] zDailyIncrease v1.3.6

Increases NPC's hearts daily (also has random value increaser)

1. thakyZ

thakyZ Cosmic Narwhal

@Tyrindor Sorry for the late reply, yes I have noticed that and I will look into it.

EDIT: Apon further testing I don't see this happening anymore. May I ask what version of SMAPI are you using?

• thakyZ

thakyZ Cosmic Narwhal

• Klhoine

Klhoine Aquatic Astronaut

I can't tell if it takes awhile to get one heart or I did something wrong.

Can someone help?

• thakyZ

thakyZ Cosmic Narwhal

• Klhoine

• thakyZ

thakyZ Cosmic Narwhal

Are you using Windows, Mac, or Linux?

• Klhoine

Windows.

Do you me crash logs?

• thakyZ

thakyZ Cosmic Narwhal

Yes crash logs, or just the modded SMAPI logs, which if you don't know are located in C:\Users\<Current User Folder>\AppData\Roaming\StardewValley\ErrorLogs\MODDED_ProgramLog.Log_LATEST.txt

• Klhoine

I'm using steam but I'll show what SMAPI shows up when I start the game, would those work?

• fksigningup

fksigningup Space Hobo

I have no config file, any idea why?

• Jokerine

Jokerine Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Launch the game at least once with the mod installed and it should be generated then.

• hellhound_omega

hellhound_omega Aquatic Astronaut

Hi! I'm really interested in using this mod, but I'm a little worried that this mod has the same issue as another one that stops decay: talking to villagers no longer causes hearts to go up. I saw one person post it, but it doesn't seem like it was ever resolved. Does anyone know if that problem exists?

Thanks!

• quirkyquark

quirkyquark Phantasmal Quasar

@thakyZ I think there's a pretty serious bug in the code, especially regarding spouses. I noticed when my spouse (Leah) suddenly went from 13 hearts (stardrop given) to 10 hearts in one day after I installed the mod. You set your default max friendship at 2500 points, but as this log shows, the game's NPC max is actually 2749 points. BUT the max for the spouse is actually 3499 points (since they can go to 13 hearts -- the game's formula appears to be maxHearts*250+249)

The problem occurs because if the mod is enabled, regardless of noDecrease or noIncrease values, your code will set any values greater than the "default" max to the max:
                      Code:
                      if (friendshipValue > config.max)
                      {
                      friendshipValue = config.max;
                      }

I think in theory this would even prevent you ever getting your spouse to 12/13 hearts. You need to set the default max to 2749 and add an exception for the spouse NPC's max to 3499. I would also suggest that instead of the above routine, you have the "daily increase" part instead check if the friendship is at a max before it increases it.

Note to users - temporary fix: change the config file so default maximum is 2749 pts, and after you marry, add your spouse to the config with a maximum of 3499 pts.

Example for Leah, adapt to your spouse:
                      Code:
                        "individualConfigs": [
                        {
                        "name": "Default",
                        "baseIncrease": 2,
                        "talkIncrease": 5,
                        "max": 2749
                        }
                         {
                        "name": "Leah",
                        "baseIncrease": 2,
                        "talkIncrease": 5,
                        "max": 3499
                         }
                         ]

Last edited: Jan 29, 2017
                        Jokerine likes this.
                      • Tyrindor

Tyrindor Space Kumquat

Pretty sure that happened to you because you pissed off your spouse in some way. That's how the vanilla game handles it. Never had issues getting spouse to 13 hearts.

This mod doesn't have that bug. Confirmed using lookup anything mod.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2017
                        • quirkyquark

quirkyquark Phantasmal Quasar

Here's the relevant portion of the log; compare and contrast line 1 with line 3:
                          Code:
                          [15:52:59 TRACE zDailyIncrease] Leah's starting friendship value is 3499.
                          [15:52:59 TRACE zDailyIncrease] Didn't talk to Leah today. Increasing friendship value by 2.
                          [15:52:59 DEBUG zDailyIncrease] Leah's new friendship value is 2500. Maximum permitted value is 2500.

• Tyrindor

Tyrindor Space Kumquat

I have played ~40 hours these past two weeks with the mod and my wife has stayed at 13/10 hearts the entire time. I am also married to Leah. If I look at the log, yes it does say Leah reset to 2500 every day but she doesn't in the actual game. She still gave me kids and gave me a stardrop which requires 13/10 and hovering over her heart shows 13/10 every single day.

It's nothing more than the mod's feedback logging being wrong...

Last edited: Feb 26, 2017
                            • BrandonPotter0

BrandonPotter0 Big Damn Hero

Id like to report an issue with the current Beta version of Stardew Valley v1.2.16. I am using the 1.9 Beta 13 of SMAPI. Untitled-1.jpg

• mufasha

mufasha Intergalactic Tourist

I've got the same error code with SDV 1.11 and SMAPI 1.9. Any chance of a fix so I can go back to being a misanthrope in game?

• thakyZ

thakyZ Cosmic Narwhal

• thakyZ

thakyZ Cosmic Narwhal