1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

[SOLVED] Game crashes before second house upgrade finishes

Discussion in 'Support' started by fl4nn3l, Jul 16, 2017.

1. fl4nn3l

fl4nn3l Void-Bound Voyager

First off, idk if the fact that it's the day before the upgrade finishes it's relevant... I just went to sleep and the game crashed (when I talk to Robin before the game crashed for the second time, she said the upgrade should be finished tomorrow, so that's why I relate it).

The only mod I have is one that adds aditional texts to some characters btw ( http://community.playstarbound.com/threads/enhanced-dialogue-updated-3-6.130352/ )

I've got 4 logs (which all say the exact same thing), the first one appeared the first time my game crashed, the second time it was whenI tried to see if it was just some random crash or something I did (like reaching mas hearts with the Wizard before it crashed the first time), I don't know if it could somehow be related but still saying it... The third time I just moved some furniture around the house to see if that bugged the game somehow, still crashed. And the last time I took all the chest (along with the stuff they had) outside of the farmhouse... Game still crashes though.

Help (?

As all four logs say the same thing, so I think it makes no sense to post all four...
    Btw, they were in spanish so I translated some words

InnerException:
    Stack Trace: at StardewValley.Game1.Update(GameTime gameTime)
    at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Tick()
    at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.HostIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
    at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GameHost.OnIdle()
    at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.RunOneFrame()
    at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.ApplicationIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponent.FDoIdle(Int32 grfidlef)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(IntPtr dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(Form mainForm)
    at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.Run()
    at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.RunGame(Boolean useBlockingRun)
    at StardewValley.Program.Main(String[] args)

• MysticTempest

MysticTempest Spaceman Spiff

Hrm, that error is usually in reference to some bad data; but it doesn't seem to mention anything specific.

First off, I'd recommend verifying your files. It'll overwrite the mod, and return your game to its original state.
      The Nexus page for that mod has a couple bug reports about dialogue crashing. Not sure if it's the specific cause for your issues. But, verifying files should help test things out.

Instructions for verifying files:
      Right click Stardew Valley in your Steam Library.
      Then select 'Properties' from the popup.
      After that a new 'Properties' window should show up.
      Go to the 3rd tab, 'Local Files', and select; "Verify Integrity of Game Files".

fl4nn3l likes this.
      • fl4nn3l

fl4nn3l Void-Bound Voyager

That actually worked, thanks