1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Soma Explorer Ships 1.1.1

For all your pseudo-Vaygr needs

Tags:
  1. MShadowy

MShadowy Scruffy Nerf-Herder

MShadowy submitted a new mod:

Soma Explorer Ships - For all your pseudo-Vaygr needs

Read more about this mod...[DOUBLEPOST=1442187518][/DOUBLEPOST]Just as a note, this got somewhat pressured into release, which I'm not entirely happy with. Modding is a part of how I enjoy a game that offers me the ability, but I haven't been playing Starbound for a while, which is why the mod these ships are intended to be a part of ended up indefinitely delayed.

As I'm not entirely feeling it, sorry bout the only partially butted release.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2015
  2. Lindazana

Lindazana Cosmic Narwhal

That, is one hell of a beautiful ship. Wonderfully done, and extremely original in looks compared to many other ships around here! While it's a shame to not see the race it would be for, it's understandable. Life is busy and demanding. And think of the positive side...if ever you do finish the race, the later into the game development it's released, the fewer times you'll have to overhaul it for the inevitable changes that happen every patch.

MShadowy likes this.
  3. MShadowy

Thank you. One of the things I've always liked (but rarely seen) is space ships with a Zeppelin/Blimp like bridge location--typically the comparison is made to surface ships and such, so the command deck is slapped on top. Not that such a distinction really has much menaing in space, but yeah. And yeah, that's definitely a bright side to keep in mind. I'll try and keep plugging away at them at least.

Thanks again.

Lindazana likes this.
  4. DarthTrethon

DarthTrethon Spaceman Spiff

Seriously? This has got to be a joke.

5. MShadowy

Ah, I'm sorry?

6. lazarus78

lazarus78 The Waste of Time

Looks good, though I canty help but feel like there is some missing detail due to compression of some sort.

Also, on the T3 version, the engine plume is misaligned. And your "lit" images are improperly created. They don't have any transparancy on them so they will completely mask over the base image.

MShadowy likes this.
  7. MShadowy

Thank you, and noted. I'll fix those issues as soon as I am able; didn't look closely enough at the "lit" images, evidently.

lazarus78 likes this.
  8. MShadowy

9. carriontrooper

carriontrooper Existential Complex

O hey, I remember this from your deviantart! If you want help on the race part, don't be shy to holla!

10. lazarus78

Found another problem. On the T8 ship, the horizontal opening between floors on the forward most rooms are off by one block.

Also the downward engine plumes under said rooms are misaligned as well.

I knew the ship looked familiar. :rofl:

MShadowy likes this.
  11. MShadowy

Yeesh, I always overlook something. Thanks again.

Also, glad my wips on da struck a chord.

lazarus78 likes this.
  12. Pohany

Pohany Parsec Taste Tester

[​IMG][​IMG]
    Thanks again! [​IMG]

onel13hl and MShadowy like this.
  13. MShadowy

MShadowy updated Soma Explorer Ships with a new update entry:

Fixes batch 2

Read the rest of this update entry...[DOUBLEPOST=1442280738][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Cozy! =)

The t5 is definitely my favorite of these ships, so I'm glad you were able to make such a pleasant little caravan out of her.

Pohany likes this.
  14. TenaciousTinkerer

TenaciousTinkerer Cosmic Narwhal

Ship aesthetic is really really nice looking, reminds me of some of the homeworld ships, with the stripes with the seemingly thin design to it. Quite a lovely mod and it has my own approval, when you release your race, id love to use this ship as my own lil mobile home~

EDIT: Just noticed that it is indeed based on homeworld ships! didn't read fully through the description, skimming and such, and also read that it is unlikely that the race would be released, well I suppose then Ill try it out another time for a character.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2015
  15. hennalang

hennalang Scruffy Nerf-Herder

This might be a stupid question, but I'm new to ship mods. If I install this mod, is it going to replace every ship per race? Or is it possible to have this ship appear on only ONE character. EX: I have a couple humans, and I think this ship would fit one of them, but I'd like to keep the regular human ships for the others.

16. TenaciousTinkerer

I know there's ways to fiddle with the files to make it generate for one character, then stop making it generate for the rest, Im looking into it right now actually if you would like me to explain if I happen to figure it out.

17. lazarus78

Far as I know, no its not possible. Ships are assigned per race. Only way to ensure the ship is only for you is to make a sudo-custom race with whatever ship you wish assigned to it. But then if you play multiplayer, then anyone on the server would need that "race" for you to even play.

hennalang likes this.
  18. TenaciousTinkerer

It is possible, from what ive been fiddling around with, though it requires a lot of management with files to make it appear and stop appearing for the default races.

The method to make a pseudo custom race that @lazarus78 mentioned probbably would be the easier one in the long run.

hennalang likes this.
  19. hennalang

hennalang Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Sounds doable to me! Thanks, you two!

TenaciousTinkerer likes this.
  20. NordKitten

NordKitten Scruffy Nerf-Herder

is it possible to use this with an old save? getting rid of the ship data of the save doesn't work any more, because it reverts the ship to the broken version, and because you have already fixed the ship in your save, you cant do it again.